Back to Basics Jasmine

k_vssyk_vssy Registered Users Posts: 240
I've been CG for almost a month and am realizing that as winter is coming, I need to find a more moisturizing conditioner. I'm on a fairly tight budget, but the VO5 and Suave just weren't cutting it. So, today I found the Back to Basics Jasmine Curl Refreshing conditioner for a good price, and the ingredients looked ok to me (though the were partially obscured by the price tag). I used it on my hair, but then was looking at the boards on here, and it seems like no one uses that unless they are modified CG or use poo. Could someone look at these ingredients and let me know if its ok to keep using? Thanks.

Water, propylene glycol, myristyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, isopropyl alcohol, fragrance, decyl oleate, methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, tetrasodium edta, propylparaben, benzyl salicylate, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, limonene, citric acid, panthenol, sodium hydroxide, hydroxypropyl guar, pentylene glycol, glycerin, butylene glycol, cucumber fruit extract, jasmine flower extract, bisabolol.
3a
Currently Using: Suave Coconut, Aldi's Biolage Conditioning Balm knockoff, LOOB, and LA Looks sport gel....cheap and simple seems to be working better!
ModCG since 10/31/08

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    It looks CG. A while back an older version of B2B conditioner (pomegranite) was very popular, but some of the later versions had cones. The Jasmine looks okay, so let us know how you like it.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Curl Connoisseur
    I used it and hated it. It suffocated my hair and really made it stringy and limp. I have some pictures on my blog that show what the jasmine conditioner did to my hair.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file