It's a .....

KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Tiny human. ;)

The baby was shy and had its legs crossed in front of the parts in question. At first the tech said she didn't see boy parts, but wasn't sure. Then right at the end, she found a penis. At least that what we think it was. Still not 100% sure b/c the angle wasn't that great, but it definitely wasn't a finger! :laughing1:

I'm a little disappointed, I think more so because I was so sure it was a girl then because I didn't want a boy. I'm still in a bit of a shock. Hubby is very relieved. I had him convinced it was a girl, and he was terrified.

I'm also disappointed because I had just a lovely list of beautiful girl names, while my boy list has 3 names of which hubby already vetoed two. So naming him will be easy, but not all that much fun. I'm saving my list for next time, dangit!
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Comments

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Congrats!!! With my first, I had three chances to find out, her legs were crossed at every one of them!! :binky:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    YAY!!! I can understand why you're disappointed, but think of how much fun Dylan and his little brother will have together, being so close in age. They'll get to be little buddies! And you can always keep going until you have a girl ;)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Congratulations on your tiny human. Little boys are so sweet. Do you think you'll have another ultrasound done to find out for sure, or are you going to wait for the Big Day?
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think I will try another U/S. The community college here does free ones for the radiology students to practice, so I might do that. It won't be until the students come back next semester though.

Pixie - I know you are right about them probably becoming best buds. And I won't need to buy anything except maybe some more diapers, so it will give me free reign to buy some nice ones.

But I wanted a girl, dammit! waiting.gif

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Congratulations! It's ok to be a little disappointed, I think. But I bet they will be best of friends and just adorable together :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    OMG! LOVE the pictures in your sig! :love5:

• iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Kaia wrote: »
    OMG! LOVE the pictures in your sig! :love5:

Thanks! :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Aww! Two boys will be sweet! You'll get your girl some day.

We have our big ultrasound in about 2 weeks and I will fall off the table in surprise if this is a girl. I don't think my family makes girls...well, except me.:dontknow: And I was the third try. I'm already preparing for two little boys. And to be the queen. :D
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Welcome to the mom of two boys club!! (probably)

Whatever thoughts/feelings/disappointments you're having, I'm sure I've felt the same way. Your child will be a blessing, whatever gender it is. And as Pixie said, there's always time to have a girl in the future.
    ehLB.jpg
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have 3 boys and only 1 girl, so I understand. You'll get used to it, and by the time he arrives, you'll wonder how you ever could have imagined he was a girl.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I don't know if you remember but I really wanted a girl this last time, and I was disappointed after my ultrasound (and felt bad about feeling bad), but as my pregnancy progressed I got more used to the idea and now I can't imagine him being less perfect. It's ok (and normal I think) to be a little disappointed, but I found that I got over iyt surprisingly fast.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    My older boys are 2 years apart, and most days they are best buddies and other days can't stand each other. The younger one just adores the older one, can't wait for him to get home from school, etc. The older one reads stories to the younger one. Then there are days when they can't keep their hands and feet to themselves and I want to pull my hair out. You'll love having (at least) 2 sons though. We'd been wanting a girl from the start and got all boys, so I'm a little bummed that I won't have a mother-daughter relationship, but I'm learning that a mother-son relationship can be just as special (if not more ;)).
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Congrats on your tiny human.

Your feelings are totally normal and unless you're done having kids, there's always the possiblity of getting your little girl. :love1:
    I've decided I'm not feeling guilty this time. I wanted a girl the first time too, and I felt really bad for being disappointed. This time, I have enough guilt already just from mothering an accident-prone almost-toddler, so I'm not feeling bad about this. I will be mad at him for having a penis and complain about it as much as I feel like, dangit! ;)

I am starting to get used to the idea of two boys. A couple of times now talking about the future, I've said "my sons." I think i like saying that. My sons. Sounds cool, like I've got a team of them or something. :lol:

And it's hitting me how crazy it is that I'm having a second child! I've been called an "experienced mother." :shock: It doesn't seem that long ago that I was a carefree college kid, and here I am... an "experienced mother." Weird.

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yay for tiny humans! :) I'm glad he's doing well in there.

Off topic, Iris, your siggie pics are sooo cute!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    Congratulations and yup - two boys will be thick as thieves quite quickly. Mine are tearing up their room as I type. ;)
    There's a certain...comraderie...among moms-of-boys-only. There's stuff we know about that moms-of-girls-only could never imagine. It bonds us.

I was in the club for many years, but then did eventually have a girl when my boys were ages 6 and 10. I think I'm kicked out now. Even though I had another boy after the girl, I don't have the same boy-clout as I used to.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats on the tiny human.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
    I've decided I'm not feeling guilty this time. I wanted a girl the first time too, and I felt really bad for being disappointed. This time, I have enough guilt already just from mothering an accident-prone almost-toddler, so I'm not feeling bad about this. I will be mad at him for having a penis and complain about it as much as I feel like, dangit! ;)

I am starting to get used to the idea of two boys. A couple of times now talking about the future, I've said "my sons." I think i like saying that. My sons. Sounds cool, like I've got a team of them or something. :lol:

And it's hitting me how crazy it is that I'm having a second child! I've been called an "experienced mother." :shock: It doesn't seem that long ago that I was a carefree college kid, and here I am... an "experienced mother." Weird.

Isn't it weird? I tell my husband that it's still hard for me somedays to believe I'm someone's MOTHER when most days I feel like just another convict who was accidentally left with the jailer's keys. LOL
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :laughing3:
    I'm still holding out for that girl :afro:
    I just got back from another ultrasound. Yeah... it is DEFINITELY a boy. All the way. Not only did we see all the parts, he was playing with himself the whole time! :shock: I have another masturbator in the making. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's two of them against me. :lol:

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Congrats. At least you know this time!!! :toothy6:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    YAY for another boy!!!!! I know you might be a little disappointed and there's nothing wrong with that, but think of how much fun he and Dylan will have together, and the good news is you already know how to handle a boy! And you've said before that you plan to have more children so you've still got time for your girl ;)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    :mrgreen: Congratulations! How cute that he can't keep his hands off the goods either. :laughing6:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    I just got back from another ultrasound. Yeah... it is DEFINITELY a boy. All the way. Not only did we see all the parts, he was playing with himself the whole time! :shock: I have another masturbator in the making. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's two of them against me. :lol:

They're all born self-abusers. It never stops either.

CONGRATS on the boy. Brothers really have a great time together. What one doesn't think of, the other does.
    Brothers really have a great time together. What one doesn't think of, the other does.

Goody. :help:

• Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats! I had no idea babies played with themselves in utero. :laughing6:
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Congratulations on your second son! My older two are a little over 2 years apart and they are best buds (their words, not mine :lol:). But there are days when I have to break up the fights too.
    Sigi wrote: »
    Congratulations on your second son! My older two are a little over 2 years apart and they are best buds (their words, not mine :lol:). But there are days when I have to break up the fights too.

definitely. but they sure do keep me on my toes. congratulations!
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Yay, congratulations! Welcome to my world. :tongue:
    ehLB.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file