What color eyeliner?

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
Need some assistance. I am looking for a new eyeliner. My eyes are blue and used to be bluer, but as I have gotten older, I have a bit more green in my eyes. Not really sure when that happened but I do see more green in the centers than I used to. So what would be a good color liner for me? I want something to define my eyes, make them pop and not make me look tired or too harsh (is that asking too much? LOL!). So what would my choices be. Currently I wear blue. I have played with brown, purple, green and black before. Black I think is a bit harsh on me. I am super pale and have light red hair. Suggestions?
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Location:Sunny Florida
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

  • tammyotammyo Registered Users Posts: 27
    Your eyes sound similar to mine - I like "blended colors" (rather than basic blue, brown, black, etc.)

    examples:
    Loreal Line & Define pencil in Raisin - a purple/brown blend
    Clinique quickliner in Roast Coffee - a taupe/brown blend
    I have another one that I really like, but it is a nub and the letters have all been sharpened off - a slate gray/blue blend.

    it's funny, I usually don't wear eyeshadow, just top and bottom liner and mascara on the top lash only...anyway, I find the blended ones to be "soft" and defining.

    Good Luck!
    2c/3a underneath, F/i
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    tammyo wrote: »
    Your eyes sound similar to mine - I like "blended colors" (rather than basic blue, brown, black, etc.)

    examples:
    Loreal Line & Define pencil in Raisin - a purple/brown blend
    Clinique quickliner in Roast Coffee - a taupe/brown blend
    I have another one that I really like, but it is a nub and the letters have all been sharpened off - a slate gray/blue blend.

    it's funny, I usually don't wear eyeshadow, just top and bottom liner and mascara on the top lash only...anyway, I find the blended ones to be "soft" and defining.

    Good Luck!

    LOVE the raisin colors for bringing out the green in my eyes. And they're usually not too dark (i'm super pale as well)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    tammyo wrote: »
    it's funny, I usually don't wear eyeshadow, just top and bottom liner and mascara on the top lash only...anyway, I find the blended ones to be "soft" and defining.

    Good Luck!

    Me too! I only take a smidge of white shadow in the corners and that's it. No actual shadow and then I put liner halfway on the top and bottom and mascara just on top. I only go halfway on the liner because when I do a full line on top and bottom I end up looking really tired. Not sure why. I used to wear a neutral shadow but found I like no shadow better.

    I will check out that Loreal one. And actually I was just thinking about gray this morning but was wondering if it would be too much like black on me (too harsh). Hmm...
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Location:Sunny Florida
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • reddragonreddragon Registered Users Posts: 18
    Yes, that raisin color would be good, I'd use that if I wore eyeliner. Something like a dark mauve would be good also. Perfect colors for hazel eyes. I'll have to look into that eyeliner, I'm kinda looking for a bit of a change.
    3 a/b, fine hair that controls my life.
  • tammyotammyo Registered Users Posts: 27
    Do you put the white in the inner and outer corners? I'll have to try that, sounds like it would brighten things up.

    I only line half way too, otherwise I get a raccoon thing going on.

    Do try a grayish blue - it seems to perk up the blues and the greens in the eyes. Mood eyes :laughing1:
    2c/3a underneath, F/i
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I only do the inner corners and just a smidge under the lower lash line on the inside. Basically I line half my lower lash line and then after I put the white in the corners, I take the eyeshadow brush and just run the leftover along the lash line from where the liner stops to the inner corner. Make sense?
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Location:Sunny Florida
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Registered Users Posts: 383
    MimsTX wrote: »
    tammyo wrote: »
    Your eyes sound similar to mine - I like "blended colors" (rather than basic blue, brown, black, etc.)

    examples:
    Loreal Line & Define pencil in Raisin - a purple/brown blend
    Clinique quickliner in Roast Coffee - a taupe/brown blend
    I have another one that I really like, but it is a nub and the letters have all been sharpened off - a slate gray/blue blend.

    it's funny, I usually don't wear eyeshadow, just top and bottom liner and mascara on the top lash only...anyway, I find the blended ones to be "soft" and defining.

    Good Luck!

    LOVE the raisin colors for bringing out the green in my eyes. And they're usually not too dark (i'm super pale as well)


    Hmm.. I'll have to check into the L'Oreal Raisin, myself. I'm very pale, with golden blonde hair and green eyes; I almost always use brown eyeliner on the outer corners and brown mascara.

    The purple tone in the Raisin eyeliner would definitely play up the green- if that's what you're aiming to do. If you want to emphasize the blue, I'm partial, but I'd still recommend browns. I always like blue eyes w/taupe-y brown shadow and liner- especially with red hair.
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

    Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

    2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    Prunella or Teddy from MAC
    My blog:

    http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

    Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    KindaWavy wrote: »


    The purple tone in the Raisin eyeliner would definitely play up the green- if that's what you're aiming to do. If you want to emphasize the blue, I'm partial, but I'd still recommend browns. I always like blue eyes w/taupe-y brown shadow and liner- especially with red hair.

    I prefer to emphasize the blue over the green because my eyes have always been blue. I have just had some trouble lately getting a good color liner and since I am concentrating on it more, I see the green more now. It's not as strong as the blue but I definitely think it is stronger than it used to be if that's possible.

    I am still fooling around some with browns but there are some many shades of brown, it's hard to choose. Have any of you tried the Loreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral liner? They have a very pretty one called Defining Bronze.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Location:Sunny Florida
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    tammyo wrote: »
    Clinique quickliner in Roast Coffee - a taupe/brown blend
    I like clinique's quickliner. I have the roast coffee, grape, and violet...love them all but violet is my fave. You should give that a try. Your eyes sound like mine and the violet looks good.

    ETA: the violet is a rich, deep color, not really purplish...the grape is a little more fun and casual
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

    I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    I will look at that one. I also see on the Clinique site that they have a blue/grey liner too. I will have to look into that one as well.


    VTmom wrote: »
    tammyo wrote: »
    Clinique quickliner in Roast Coffee - a taupe/brown blend
    I like clinique's quickliner. I have the roast coffee, grape, and violet...love them all but violet is my fave. You should give that a try. Your eyes sound like mine and the violet looks good.

    ETA: the violet is a rich, deep color, not really purplish...the grape is a little more fun and casual
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Location:Sunny Florida
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    you might like Teddy - it's a shimmering medium golden brown that is lovely on blue eyes.
    My blog:

    http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

    Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
    Ooo, I like shimmer :love5:
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Location:Sunny Florida
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file