Sick Baby

LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
On Friday, DD was sent home from daycare with a fever. She was sick with a runny nose, cough, and fever all weekend. :sad: Her fever didn't break until late Monday.

Now, she has pink eye and has given herself a black eye from itching and rubbing. On top of that, she has a couple zits on her face that aren't going away. Poor baby looks just pathetic. :sad1:

Just to add insult to injury, she's got her 18-month appointment today which includes shots. Poor little one. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.
Loose botticelli curls and waves
No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Comments

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. It's stressful for everyone when a little one is sick, so take care of yourself, too.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • marielle448marielle448 Posts: 1,823Registered Users
    I would hold off on the shots because her immune system is already being taxed enough. I'm sure the ped will understand.

Do you still have breastmilk? If so just a few drops on her eye is miraculous for the pink eye but it has to be fresh and not frozen. Hope she feels better soon.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Fortunately, we held off on the shots.

The pedi prescribed an anibiotic because her congestion had been green, but she seems better now, so we're not going to fill the script. Eye drops are much better than amoxicillin.

No more breast milk in the house. :sad: The pedi thought she doesn't actually have pink eye but that it's congestion from her cold/infection.

Hopefully, she's on the mend now. Poor kid. Daycare is such a nest of sickness.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Hope your daughter is feeling better! Yes, they really seem to catch everything that's going around at daycare.
    ehLB.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file