UPDATE on page 2 - my alphabet soup of starting labor

webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
On wed. I'll be 42 weeks, while I realize that's not a death sentence to go beyond 42 I'm soooooo done.

In the last week I've done:
pineapple
spicy foods
eggplant parmesan
sex
evening primrose oil
chiropractor
special massage w/ accupressure and reiki
a variety of herbals - the usual suspects and some new stuff
homeopathics to block any potential emotional repression
cervical stimulation since my body isn't ripe enough for full sweeping of membranes.
climbing hills

tomorrow I start a new regimine of herbs + pumping + castor oil.

God help me this kid is coming out one way or another!
hello.world.

Comments

• ruralcurlsruralcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,574
    Oh my gosh. I don't know what to tell you. The child is warm and cozy and just doesn't want to come out.

Bumpy rides?

What does the midwife say?
  • webjockeywebjockey Registered Users Posts: 2,786
    She's not super concerned. My pregnancy was textbook perfect, and she just came by to listen to fetal tones and do an internal exam (just an aside, what doctor comes by your house when you're feeling uneasy to do an exam and chat - midwives rule!)

She scheduled an ultrasound for wed to check things out and the doctor doing this 42 week check is midwife friendly and not an interventionist. If the doc says baby needs to come out, then we b-line to the hospital for induction, otherwise, we can wait it out.

She also said that at 40 weeks I didn't look "done" but now I do, so she's ok with progressing with a more aggressive method of inducing labor

But I'm just done. Emotionally and physically. I'm ready to do this and she's happy to support me.
    hello.world.
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Curl Neophyte
    Here's hoping your little one comes soon! I felt so done about a week before my due date, and only went past by a day. ((Hugs)) to you. It's hard for me to imagine going to 42 weeks.

I'm glad you have care providers you can trust about the need for an induction!
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I think I went 11 days past with Aidan. I'm pretty sure it was spending time on all fours that finally did it for me, once he was in position, he came a couple of days later.

I feel for you, though. I'm sending labor vibes. And hey, maybe your baby taking a long time to get ready means that the active portion will be quick! Good luck and have a healthy, happy birth.
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    im sending you labor vibes too. :binky:

i was totally over it when i was around 38 weeks, so i cant even imagine how you must feel!
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Hmm, is there a possibility your "due date" may have been miscalculated? I feel for you, I was done before 40 weeks. I'm glad your providers are behind you. In FL, I'd risk myself right out of a homebirth going over 42 weeks. Hope this baby comes out soon before you have to start eviction proceedings.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    webjockey wrote: »
    (just an aside, what doctor comes by your house when you're feeling uneasy to do an exam and chat - midwives rule!)
    Midwives are great.

I felt like I was done in Dec when my baby wasn't due until Jan, think I kinda scared my midwife a little. But that is great she is so supportive.

I have heard nipple stimulation works, but it might make the labor more difficult, not exactly sure how much harder it can get.... Please research before you try.

Sending good thoughts for a nice, but not too quick labor. (Mine went kind of quick, messed with my head a little)
    :flower:
    One thing I thought of: the eggplant parm is supposed to work because it has a lot of basil and oregano, so you could try just some herbs in olive oil with bread to dip in it. A lot less work for the same effect.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I used castor oil to get my last baby out. Worked like a charm. Hint: 1 ounce will do...you don't need the whole bottle. Too masochistic! Drink it in the morning, after a good night's rest. I drank two 1-ounce cocktails a few hours apart, spent the afternoon in the bathroom, took a nap, and woke up in labor.

GOOD LUCK!
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Sending labor vibes your way! I hope the next time you post, it's after your little one is here.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
    tomorrrow's regimine is in the AM is a cocktail of oj, castor oil and liquor 2 hrs apart + nipple stimulation with pump every hour + 3 different herbs every 20 min. I also do a bunch of evening primrose capsules by the cervix overnight.

Should be fun.:binky:
    hello.world.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Good luck, Webbie!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • DelmaDelma Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    I went to 42 wks and 1 day, so I understand your situation. Sending labor vibes your way !

• KindaWavyKindaWavy Registered Users Posts: 383
    tomorrrow's regimine is in the AM is a cocktail of oj, castor oil and liquor 2 hrs apart + nipple stimulation with pump every hour + 3 different herbs every 20 min. I also do a bunch of evening primrose capsules by the cervix overnight.

Should be fun.:binky:

I had two August babies while living in FL, and I can definitely empathize with you on getting to that "I'm done" point.

The only thing I can add, is that you might want to consider manual nipple stim either in addition to, or in lieu of the pump. While both can work, and get the body producing oxytocin, I think manual stim works faster than using a pump as the stimulation is more concentrated on the nipple, rather than the nipple/aureola complex- jmo.

Best of luck to you!! :D
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
    I'm probably going to do a combo of the manual + self accupressure + the pump to see how I feel. When I went for the accupressure massage I was producing milk not too long afterwards and the massuse was a big proponent of manual massage vs the pump. I was just going to slather my boobs with sesame oil to make it less sore over time.

Just had my first castor oil screwdriver. I thought it would be appropriate to have it in a martini glass. Gotta have some fun, right?

:hello1:
    hello.world.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    lol...can't wait to see the little one!
    scorps rule...

g/l
  • va_candiva_candi Registered Users Posts: 849
    LOL @ the martini glass. Best of luck!
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Just had my first castor oil screwdriver. I thought it would be appropriate to have it in a martini glass. Gotta have some fun, right?

Love that! I'll be thinking of you today.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Connor didn't come until 12 days past his due date. I feel your pain! Best wishes, and I hope the little one decides to come very soon.
    ehLB.jpg
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Sending quick and easy labor vibes your way. :love5:
    dd#2 was born on the 29th of November last year so I definitely can relate to how you are feeling now. I remember it so vividly. I was SOOO DONE by now.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • marielle448marielle448 Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    Good luck webbie! Hope you start soon. It is tiresome after a while huh?
  • SigiSigi Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    I hope all the tricks work! Smoothe delivery vibes coming your way.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    dd#2 was born on the 29th of November last year so I definitely can relate to how you are feeling now. I remember it so vividly. I was SOOO DONE by now.

Awww, that's my hubby's birthday. What are you getting for her?

Webbie, I hope your tricks work. Lilly came at 36 weeks and I was sooooo done way before that, so I can't even imagine how you feel.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
    So far - nothing. The herbs are nasty but not unbearable. Guess I'm headed for the mega ultrasound tomorrow :(
    hello.world.
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    Ugh, good luck Webbie. I tried a lot of that too. I went to 41 weeks and was going crazy--I can't imagine 42.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    FieryCurls wrote: »

Awww, that's my hubby's birthday. What are you getting for her?

Webbie, I hope your tricks work. Lilly came at 36 weeks and I was sooooo done way before that, so I can't even imagine how you feel.

Girl, I'm still buying little things. But I really like the little fabric blocks I bought her.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
    good news - I'm in active labor and will not have to go for the sonogram afterall.

bad news - it's been since 10 pm and I'm frekin tired.

ultimate good news - I should have a kiddo by today!
    :love5:
    hello.world.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    Do I remember you going to 42 weeks with your first?

I feel for you. I was 40 weeks on the day with #1, and 38 weeks with #2. Those last couple are just too brutal.

Good luck!
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
    Yay! I will think about you today! Hope it goes by quickly now.

WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!! Good luck.

:wav:

:iconbiggrin:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file