Hi I am new here and need some advice

AussieMedusaAussieMedusa Posts: 2Registered Users
I am an Aussie currently living in Micronesia and am going back to Australia next week and I so need to stock up on products. I am more then confused after reading NC on what I should avoid and what I should use. I think I am a 3a-3b and currently use a combination of biolage/redken/joico kpak shampoo conditioner and always a leave in CO too (but I usually just brought a variety and hope for the best).

What products don't have silicones in them and does anyone have any reccommendations?

thanks so much in advance and I look forward to getting to know you all!!

:afro: Krit
:afro:Krit
3a-3b

Comments

• AmdaAmda Posts: 251Registered Users
    Welcome to the boards :)

I'd recommend the Pears conditioners (coneless AND cheap) and Biolage conditioning balm (which is pretty expensive, but worth it - it lasts a long time and is really moisturising).

On what to avoid - my basic understanding is to avoid silicones and sulfates, but there's a lot of stuff on the general hair board about protein which I won't even pretend to understand. As for what to use, I'll try pretty much anything that doesn't have silicones/sulfates in it, seeing as that limits the possibilities enough already.
    Fine and thin 2C in Australia
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    welcome.. :D

I agree with amda re: pears and biolage.
    I also suggest if you haven't already checking out this thread
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=56414

lots of products suggested there..

also maybe if you want share which state you're from so that other aussies near where you'll be will be able to chime in?

I know there is a thread somewhere with really helpful basics...with links to other threads. If you're really lost google curly girl routine you should get some "how to's"

good luck and welcome aboard :D
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • AussieMedusaAussieMedusa Posts: 2Registered Users
    thank you so much. I am going to spend a week in Cairns (although I am not from there but that is where the plane goes from here).

I am off to check the links now!!
    :afro:Krit
    3a-3b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file