Poo Free = Curlier?

My hair varies from 2a on the crown to 3a throughout most of the back & under layers to 3b (maybe even c!) at the temples. After doing some reading on this site, I'm thinking the uncooperativeness of the crown might be due to over brushing and overuse of cones (I admit it...I've used the cones a lot at times!). I'm thinking of trying an ACV rinse to clarify, then going to a cowash 2-3 times a week.

I found this site while researching new styles...I've been letting my bangs grow out, and was almost ready to get them chopped again. My ideal 'do would be what MOST of my hair does on it's own...I love the 3a/b look...but the top hasn't been playing nice. I even tried getting a partial perm on the less curly part...you can guess how that turned out (I haven't tried it a second time!).

So...I'm curious to see how this turns out. Will the hair on top perk up? Is it really 3aaaaa that can be coaxed into 3a? Or is it truely just wavy in that area? Time will tell.
SmartCookie
Northern Illinois Newbie CG, 2c-3b?
CoWash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
Rinse-Out Condish: L'Oreal ProVive NutriGloss for Medium/Long Wavy/Curly Hair
Leave-In Condish: Biotera
Styling Stuff: Biotera Curling Creme, Biotera Gel
Experimenting with: Plopping/Blotting with a Flour Sack Towel, Diffusing
Wanting to try: LOOB, KY, KCKT, KCCC
Looking for: Really good DTs
Trying to avoid: Cones, major crunch

Comments

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    CG has definitely taken my 2b-2c hair and pumped it up into 2c/3a. Check out this thread for some before and after pictures and decide for yourself!! I definitely recommend CG, having had huge success myself

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=47609
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034
    CG could definitely improve the chances of getting curlier.

Just a side note, but ACV won't rid your hair of silicones. Use a sulfate shampoo followed by a DT.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • smartcookie326smartcookie326 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Dang! That IS a big difference...and in such a short time! I'm definitely going to give it a go, and I'm going to try plopping too...that should help the definition on the top.
    SmartCookie
  • smartcookie326smartcookie326 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks for the tip on ACV, curlyjenn. I picked up some Pantene clarifying shampoo and a deep conditioner. I knew I'd done cones in the past, but I didn't realize until looking at my current conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in, AND mousse that they ALL have cones...drat, no wonder my hair's been so nasty!
    SmartCookie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file