CurlTalk

Since it was a year ago March 7

munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
that I had my mammogram detecting my breast cancer, I just want to encourage all of you over 40 curlies to get one. I attribute my good fortune in dealing with this to early detection and am now a strong advocate for mammograms. If I can encourage even one of you, I will be happy.

Btw, Sheryl Crow's breast cancer and the treatment she is receiving seem to parallel mine. I didn't have to have chemo either.
3b/c

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,250Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    munchkin
    I hope you are doing well.
    I never miss my annual mammo and pap. So easy. So important.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Munchkin....

I'm sorry to hear you went thru that, but so happy you are doing well today.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I had one when I was 35, I think my next one is when I turn 40.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    I do want to say too that they stress getting mammograms at 40 but especially once you go through menopause. From all I have read there seems to be a correlation between menopause, estrogen, and breast cancer which is why so many older women seem to get it. So especially at this time of our life is it important.
    3b/c
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    Thanks for the reminder, and I'm glad too that you're doing well.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,760Registered Users
    I´m having mine next Thursday, March 9.
    I´m very very glad you are doing well.
    3a/b, CG mostly.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment