MC: I did it... almost there!!!

LilluLillu Registered Users Posts: 182
Well, after transitioning since September 2007, I went and got my hair cut this morning!

I had just spent 40 pounds on BB products and figured most of that would be wasted on my relaxed hair... I have been dying to chop for ages, so just went ahead and did it.

I had it cut from BSL up to shoulder length, and went from being around 40% natural to now being about 90% natural!! I cant believe I did it, I've only been near a hairdressers once before since 2000 due to bad experiences.

Am doing a protien DT right now, then will wash and see what it's like to style... it's so thick and curly.. I love it!

The lower half of my head is now completely natural, but the top half still has around 2 inches of relaxed ends. I'm waiting til the end of Cycyca's BC challenge in April to cut those off and become 100% natural, so excited!!

I do have one little rant however... the stylist who cut my hair spent the whole time trying to convince me to have my hair chemically straightened!! I explained several times that I was getting RID of the straightened hair but she just didn't get it! Then one of the other stylists also came over and reeled off a list of straightening treatments I cold have done, and I was like, "No I want my hair curly!". They looked at me like I was insane... was a bit upsetting but I dont care, my hair is beautiful!!!

Am so happy I chopped!! :love5:
3c spirals & corkscrews!
Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
Condish: AOHR
Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
Post-BC hair HATES protein!

Comments

• cysycacysyca Registered Users Posts: 362
    Lillu wrote: »
    Well, after transitioning since September 2007, I went and got my hair cut this morning!

I had just spent 40 pounds on BB products and figured most of that would be wasted on my relaxed hair... I have been dying to chop for ages, so just went ahead and did it.

I had it cut from BSL up to shoulder length, and went from being around 40% natural to now being about 90% natural!! I cant believe I did it, I've only been near a hairdressers once before since 2000 due to bad experiences.

Am doing a protien DT right now, then will wash and see what it's like to style... it's so thick and curly.. I love it!

The lower half of my head is now completely natural, but the top half still has around 2 inches of relaxed ends. I'm waiting til the end of Cycyca's BC challenge in April to cut those off and become 100% natural, so excited!!

I do have one little rant however... the stylist who cut my hair spent the whole time trying to convince me to have my hair chemically straightened!! I explained several times that I was getting RID of the straightened hair but she just didn't get it! Then one of the other stylists also came over and reeled off a list of straightening treatments I cold have done, and I was like, "No I want my hair curly!". They looked at me like I was insane... was a bit upsetting but I dont care, my hair is beautiful!!!

Am so happy I chopped!! :love5:

Hi Lillu,

I'm so happy for you and glad that you're going to do the final chop with me in April. Thank you.

Also, find another sylist who appreciates natural hair and respect clients who want to remain natural.
    Live For Today!
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910
    Congrats Lillu! I'm too much of a chicken to cut mine short right now. You should post a pict :) Good luck and happy transitioning/BC!
  • mixededmixeded Registered Users Posts: 381
    yay!

post some pics!
    post some pics!
    :duckie: Fotki!
    Last relaxer: Feb. 2008
    Big Chop:
    Jan. 2009
  • LilluLillu Registered Users Posts: 182
    Thanks guys!! God my hair is SOOOOO curly, I haven't got a clue what to do with it!!!! At the moment its is full of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink] and Boots, and in an up-do with ringlets popping out all over the place, cute!

However, the shrinkage is immense... i had it cut to my shoulders but it is shrinking up to my ears, so I look like a mushroom!!! Whole new learning curve ahead!!

I will post some pics when I have figured out what the hell I am supposed to do with all these curls!!
    cysyca wrote: »
    Lillu wrote: »
    Also, find another sylist who appreciates natural hair and respect clients who want to remain natural.

You are SO right. And I'm not going near a salon til our BC in April, that's for sure.
    3c spirals & corkscrews!
    Transitioned Sep'07-Nov'08
    BCed 21st Nov 2008!!

My hair likes:
    Alba Botanical Leave-in is my irst HG :-)
    Condish: AOHR
    Co-wash: Original Source Tea Tree Mint
    Post-BC hair HATES protein!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file