Help for newbie! UK clarifying shampoo.

Hi all curlies!

Going to be trying no-poo in the next couple of weeks - had a look here but can't seem to find the answer to my query.

Can anyone in the UK recommend a good clarifying shampoo before I jump in and have a go at the CG method. I have the book but can only seem to find info about clarifying once using the method.

Currently using Tresemme Thermal Recovery Shampoo and Tresemme Remoisturising Conditioner and John Frieda Frizz Ease serum.

Any answers appreciated so in advance - thank you!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Comments

• babybelbabybel Posts: 56Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used the brand Naked from Boots - the one that's called Naked Detox is a clarifying one! Worked a charm. Not very expensive either.
    2c babyfine high porosity UK curly, CG for two years 2008-2010, now back for a second round! Hair loves protein, hates any kind of oil! Conditioners: ASDA Apple or similar for co-wash. AOHR, Aubrey GBP, Giovanni Root 66, Giovanni DLI. Styling: a mix of equal parts Shockwaves Gel and a curl cream (LOOB, MopC, Naked or Boots Pink) Plop, products, 80% pixiecurl diffuse, air dry the rest, STC, a little gel spray for hold.
  • Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Pantene also do a clarifying shampoo...
    UK CG since: 1 October 2008
    Hair type: 3A/3B
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
    'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince
  • polly_do_dahpolly_do_dah Posts: 2Registered Users
    Righto many thanks. I'm sure i'll be back for more advice at some stage!
  • sianb86sianb86 Posts: 7Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I have just bought the Noughty Detox Dynamite clarifying shampoo from boots. I hear it's good and CG friendly!x
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,751Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    @sianb86 ; Let us know what you think after you've tried it! In general, Boots makes pretty good products, don't they? 

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file