Cathe dvd's

frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I need new workout dvd's! I was using The Firm, but seemed to have lost interest. I run on a treadmill almost everyday, do yoga and abs (while watching tv) but really want to get back into doing more consistent weight work. After reading the post about Cathe's workouts, I am really interested.

I was wondering if the Slow and Heavy dvd needs a step? I have the Firm fanny lifter and was hoping to use that (just the smaller part), if that works. The dvd seems expensive, but I trust it's worth it.

I am also looking at the Abs dvd as I definitely need new work there!

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!!

I already feel more motivated!! :)

Laura
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats

Comments

• curlyauricurlyauri Posts: 19Registered Users
    I love the Slow & Heavy series dvd & yes, it's definitely worth it! You will see a tremendous difference in muscle definition. It's a plateau buster, so when you're done with this rotation, moving on to another weight rotation will make it more effective & you will see yourself getting lean & cut. That is the actually purpose of S&H. I do recommend it, alot. It's slow (obviously) and Cathe recommends that you only do this series for a 3-4 week rotation since it's so tough & mentally focused.

She does use a step but as a bench, especially for chest press. Some people just put a mat on the floor if they don't have a step or bench.

I think you you can not go wrong with Cathe. HTH!
    3b dark, long & thick corkscrew curls
    Modified CG
    Current Products in Rotation:
    Devacurl No Poo, One C, HESMU gel, Creme of Nature, Suave Naturals
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Curlyauri!

Do you think my first Cathe DVD should be slow and heavy or the pyrimid ones you recommended in another post?

I am so excited to have something new! My body and mind need it!! :)

Laura
    CG since 2005
    washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix, as i am coconut cowash
    conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
  • curlyauricurlyauri Posts: 19Registered Users
    The Pyramids are great! I'm actually starting a pyramid rotation starting tomorrow. I'm mixing it with the Slow & Heavy series- so weeks 1&3 will be the pyramids and weeks 2 & 4 will be Slow & Heavy. I'm doing this for 1 month but I usually switch my weight workout emphasis every 4-6 weeks.

I would suggest the pyramids if you want to get into Cathe. Slow & Heavy might scare you away from her! Later when you want to switch up & bust a plateau & get rid of body fat, I suggest S&H.

Have fun working out!

Aura
    3b dark, long & thick corkscrew curls
    Modified CG
    Current Products in Rotation:
    Devacurl No Poo, One C, HESMU gel, Creme of Nature, Suave Naturals
  • frxncrlsfrxncrls Posts: 252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks so much!! I see how bored I am with what I have, even after not doing them for many months. I am looking forward to challenging my body and doing something new. I feel pretty fit, but I always want to be more toned! Just wish I could work away the extra skin on my stomach! :)

Thanks again!!

Laura
    CG since 2005
  • kinkeecurlfrizzkinkeecurlfrizz Posts: 11Registered Users
    Soon as I start working again, the first thing I am going to buy are Cathe Fredericks dvd.
  • nepanthenepanthe Posts: 292Registered Users
    I love --love her dvds. I plan to collect all of them. When I start working again and pay of these bills and I going to get her remaining ones.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file