We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Dairy Whip possibly stripping my color

WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I've been using Dairy Whip as my only shampoo for several weeks now (every other day) and was loving it.

Sadly, I think it may be stripping my hair color. I had done an all-over color just two and a half weeks ago. This morning I noticed a lot of very long grays-the color was totally gone off of them. This has never happened to me before.

No other part of my routine has changed. Same brand of color, same conditioners, same styling products.

Anyone else noticing this? Yikes!

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    No, but I've only been using it maybe every 2 weeks if that often.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    I don't know but DW was described as more of a "clarifier" maybe that's why it's stripping your color?
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I found that I could only use the DW as a clarifier. It made my hair feel really dry.

I am also wondering if some of of the scents either have different ingredients, or at least behave differently. I ordered a couple of different kinds (okay 3 tubs :disgust:) and they all act a little different. The Vanilla Honey one I have gets really clumpy, but the Green Tea one lathers up really easily - no clumping.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    I've been using Dairy Whip as my only shampoo for several weeks now (every other day) and was loving it.

Sadly, I think it may be stripping my hair color. I had done an all-over color just two and a half weeks ago. This morning I noticed a lot of very long grays-the color was totally gone off of them. This has never happened to me before.

No other part of my routine has changed. Same brand of color, same conditioners, same styling products.

Anyone else noticing this? Yikes!
    If you wanted to give the CV SHAMPOO bars a try they say on the website that their bars actually help to KEEP color from fading. They also have other alternatives to ACV rinse if you don't like it. A Baking soda rinse or just using 1 t of baking soda rubbing it in with the Bars to help with build up. You may want to check it out /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chagrinvalleysoapandcraft.com%2Fhaircarehelp.htm%23A" class="Popup Few Words About BUILD UP
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file