Saturday Night Live Skit pulled

rosario143rosario143 Registered Users Posts: 81
It was pulled, but went viral and was downloaded.So I was able to find it.
(Search can be made for "Saturday Night Live Skit,Fannie Mae pulled)

A blog made by Blogspot about it. Link to Skit is on bottom.
http://arkansasgopwing.blogspot.com/2008/10/snl-skit-pulled-skit-focused-on-wall.html

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 08, 2008

SNL Skit Pulled - Skit Focused on Wall Street Bailout #pork
Bill Smith, ARRA Editor: I am not a much of a Saturday Night Live (SNL) watcher but when SNL bashes the Democrats and George Soros and their skit get pulled from the Internet, I get interested! You can still watch the SNL skit via the link below. The body slams and reality hit home right after the usual SNL attacks on G.W.; so make sure you stay with the presentation, it gets rather lively -- and even truthful -- on the cause of the mortgage and economic failures.

Hat tip to Cord Blomquist at Open Markets.org:
I can’t embed this because it keeps getting pulled. Thanks to Pat Dollard for hosting this video. This is what SNL should be doing, speaking truth to power. The sketch makes some great points:
Bush warned about Freddie Mac & Fannie Mae long before the Democrats, even though Pelosi has said the opposite and lauded the President’s economic policies
Many home buyers who were affected were horribly under qualified for mortgages
Other home buyers were wealth opportunists who will be OK in the long run
Those benefiting from the bailout are wealthy investors who don’t need a bailout
George Soros is a jerk
Of course it got pulled because it’s too harsh on the Dems and SNL can’t be too harsh on their favorite politicians! Thankfully at OpenMarket.org we realize that all politicians are worth lampooning. Check out the video here! . . .

But the video went viral and was downloaded. Can be found here.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/194347.php

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    Yes, it's a vast MSM liberal conspiracy.

Or, the skit (which sounds like it contained a lot of material) was too long and was pulled for time.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Oh Michelle, I think you're drinking the Kool Aid again. :drunken:
  • TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, it's a vast MSM liberal conspiracy.

Or, the skit (which sounds like it contained a lot of material) was too long and was pulled for time.

I know, right. Stuff get's pulled every week.
  • rosario143rosario143 Registered Users Posts: 81
    Ultimately, They "SNL" showed responsibility of Dem's who keep putting full blame on George Bush and the Rep's for this mess. Knowing full well the public will not investigate. But take their word for it. You can blame George Bush for a lot of things. But blaming him for this financial crisis is not one of them since he was the one who sounded off the warning many times.

http://minx.cc/?post=274081

Finally: Republicans Finger Democrats as Responsible for Fannie/Freddie Meltdown
    Good video report from Jim Angel at FoxNews.

It should be noted that "Republicans" do not include "McCain." Although McCain saw this crisis coming, and attempted to avert it, he is now foolishly engaging in demogogic populism, blaming Wall Street for "forcing" loans on poor people who coudn't afford them.

He knows better. But he's too foolish to know the truth is actually on his side. He doesn't need to demogogue up Wall Street. This was a fifteen year campaign by the Democrats, ACORN, and Fannie and Freddie's executives to loosen up mortgage requirements to the point where there simply where no requirements at all.

Net result? Trillions of federally guaranteed dollars flow into the housing market that shouldn't have been there -- suddenly buying a house becomes the easiest possible purchase you can make. All you need is a signature and a smile.

If the federal government were guaranteeing a trillion new dollars for no-money down car purchases with no credit checks or proof of employment or income, what do you think would happen to the price of cars?

They'd triple. For a while.

Housing market turns into dangerously overinflated bubble. Which is what always happens when a trillion fresh, cheap, easy dollars flow into a sector and begin chasing the same limited pool of goods.

Millions of credit-poor homebuyers -- with erratic and unverified incomes -- now have mortgages with payements well out of their range. But at least the homes are still worth their selling price... so if they default on a $350,000 house, no sweat, the bank now owns the $350,000 house, which can be sold for $350,000 to someone else.

But finally the bubble bursts -- and now all those credit-poor, erratic income homeowners now have mortgages for $350,000 on houses actually worth $150,000.

So what do they do? They walk away or stop paying. Which makes perfect economic sense.

Leaving Fannie and Freddie guaranteeing a trillion in bad mortgages. Which means you're guaranteeing them.

The bank made a $350,000 payment to the home-seller -- but now has only a $150,000 home to show for it. Uh-oh.

You the taxpayer just went on the hook for that $200,000 loss.

Wall Street's contribution? They stupidly bought up derivatives based on these junk mortgages, thus putting themselves, and the entire financial system, at dire risk.

But they didn't create the risk. The stupidly bought into the risk, but they didn't create it.

It was Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, ACORN, Franklin Raines, Penny Pritzker, Jim Johnson, and of course Barack Hussein Obama who actually built the bomb.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    That skit wasn't pulled from SNL. I watched it when it aired. The only controversy, if I remember, was that SNL put "People who should be shot" on the chyron on the screen underneath the two actors portraying real-life owners of Golden West Financial, who've been accused of predatory lending. The chyron was changed for re-airings because there were legal threats apparently. I don't think there is anything to this, sorry rosario.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • rosario143rosario143 Registered Users Posts: 81
    Maybe there is no conspiracy. But it shines a light to the financial mess many want to put sole blame on George Bush and the Rep's for. Not looking at the Dem's also to blame as the Dem's sit there and point fingers . Especially at George Bush(Who was the one that sounded a warning on (deregulations,Fannie and Freddie) and put no blame on themselves.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    rosario143 wrote: »
    Maybe there is no conspiracy. But it shines a light to the financial mess many want to put sole blame on George Bush and the Rep's for. Not looking at the Dem's also to blame as the Dem's sit there and point fingers . Especially at George Bush(Who was the one that sounded a warning on (deregulations,Fannie and Freddie) and put no blame on themselves.

It happened on Georgie-Porgie's watch. The. Buck. Stops. Here.

I also saw that skit in it's original airing, so it was not pulled by the MSM conspiracy. What nonsense.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    I think everyone is aware that both republicans and democrats are to blame for this mess.

People didn't vote democrat because they are blaming Bush for the problems...they voted democrat because they want a change from the way things are going.
    Perhaps it's irrational, but when you are talking about groups of people, it often is.

I voted both democrat and republican for the various seats...congress, local justices, etc. I didn't vote for Obama because he is a democrat, even though many did for that reason. I voted for Obama because he seemed more competent than McCain.
    You had groups of people who only vote for a particular party, and you saw that happen (on both political sides). Then you have independents, moderates, etc. who voted, not because of a party, but because they believe the candidate they chose was the most competent or can help us out of our financial mess (or for other reasons- abortion, war, health care, etc.).

Try not to stereotype all people who voted for Obama. We are a diverse group of people. Many of us are aware that blame is not on one person's shoulders...and definitely not on one party's shoulders. I know that some people probably did vote, thinking all republicans are bad and all democrats are good...but I think many of us are able to discern information for ourselves.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    tin-foil-hat.jpg
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    CurlyGina2 wrote: »
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

Ok, you win the thread. The end.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

:laughing5:
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

:laughing5:

I especially like the hat and the lady to the left in the back and her nice big smile :) :bunny:
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file