Norwood and Company in Arlington TX

MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have an appointment with Anthony :blob5:

lol, he's booked every Saturday until December 27th though :shock:

so I guess I'll have to wait quite a long time to see how good he is. I've read really wonderful things about him on these boards and the Salon reviews as well. Can't wait to let him fix my mop :P
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    MimsTX wrote: »
    I have an appointment with Anthony :blob5:

lol, he's booked every Saturday until December 27th though :shock:

so I guess I'll have to wait quite a long time to see how good he is. I've read really wonderful things about him on these boards and the Salon reviews as well. Can't wait to let him fix my mop :P

Wow, that's exciting! You have to report back! I'm going to my pre-CG stylist on Wednesday, and if things don't work out I'll probably get an appointment with him next time.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    definitely, it always makes me nervous... going to someone new. Supposedly he's good though.

And CHEAP!! Like $45 for a cut?! I've been paying WAY more than that with my current stylist.
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
  • brdudeonbrdudeon Posts: 66Registered Users
    I hope you like him as much as I do. I need to make an appointment. I keep forgetting to call and my hair is looking very stringy recently.
    Lots of medium to fine, extremely porous and color damaged hair.
    Suave Tropical Coconut for co-wash
    Bed Head Tigi Moisture Maniac
    FX Curl Booster Fixative Gel
    Gel

CG since November 2007
    Slowly growing out the color damaged hair. I'm halfway there!!:p
    ok, so Anthony rocks :) SUPER super friendly, obviously knowledgable about what he's doing and really helped my sister out a lot with her hair (which is difficult, to say the least).

It was so weird having a dry cut like that... I've never had one before. But it was neat watching him go curl by curl, 'like he was cutting silk' as my sister put it. My hair's really bouncy and light now, even though (by the looks of what was on the floor) he barely took off anything.

He styled it pretty different from what I normally so, so I had more waves than curls once it was dry, but even that still looked really cute. Just not the norm. Went home and washed it (who DOESN'T do that??) and I'm still loving the cut. It's shorter than I thought it would be, after seeing how little he took off, but the volume's greatly improved and everything just looks so bouncy and fun.

Definitely going back :)

:wav:
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Yay! I'm glad you had a good experience! I think I'll try him next time I need a cut. How are your curls now that it's been a few days?
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • brdudeonbrdudeon Posts: 66Registered Users
    Yay! I'm so glad you liked him and that he did a good job for you and your sister. Isn't it nice to find someone who does a good job with your hair AND doesn't charge you more than your mortgage payment?
    Lots of medium to fine, extremely porous and color damaged hair.
    Suave Tropical Coconut for co-wash
    Bed Head Tigi Moisture Maniac
    FX Curl Booster Fixative Gel
    Gel

CG since November 2007
    Slowly growing out the color damaged hair. I'm halfway there!!:p
    Yay! I'm glad you had a good experience! I think I'll try him next time I need a cut. How are your curls now that it's been a few days?

They took a couple of days to adjust, to be honest. But overal, they're doing just fine :) I have one section that, for whatever reason, isn't curling like it was but I don't think that's Anthony's fault. I think my curls are just possessed.

and YES br, it's AMAZING to find someone so skilled AND affordable. And friendly, to boot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file