Moisturizer while on Accutane?

JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hello! :wave:

I'm in my first month of taking Accutane and was wondering if any of you out there who have been on Accutane can recommend a good moisturizer? I've used Cetaphil before, but it was so long ago I can't remember if it worked very well. Right now I'm using Oil of Olay and a Walgreen brand in rotation - and then appyling Vitamin E oil on top to try to lock in the moisture. It isn't working.

I'm using Aquaphor on my lips, but I'm not very happy with that either because it wears off so quickly - or it's being absorbed so quickly. So, any recommendations for a lip moisturizer would be great too!

Thanks in advance! :icon_smile:
cowash: Tresemme Naturals
rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Comments

• LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    When I was on Accutane, I used Cetaphil cream (not the lotion). That was before I started reading ingredient lists, so I don't know I would still use it.

I don't remember what I used on my lips. I might have used Clinique's superbalm lip gloss. They were very thick and stayed on relatively well while adding a hint of color. Wow. I just looked them up for the name and they added quite a few colors.

How is it going with the Accutane? It worked so well for me. I had gorgeous, poreless skin when I was on it.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks! I was at the derm this morning and she gave me a big bag of samples with Cetaphil cream, Eucerin face lotion, Neutrogena Healthy Defense, and CeraVe. So I'm going to try those out before I buy anything else. I remember reading on a thread on here somewhere that Cetaphil had made a couple break out, but I don't remember if it was from the cream, lotion, or cleanser.

I'll have to check out the Clinique lip stuff you mentioned. I know they said not to use anything that had a petroleum jelly because that doesn't really moisturize so I'm thinking about getting an organic or natural lip balm.

And so far... it's starting to work. My face is drying out, my lips are constantly shedding, my eyes are dry and the backs of my hands and upper arms are dry. I haven't had any nose bleeds yet. The only bad thing is that I've broken out a little on my neck area that is underneath my chin - which I never got anything before. This morning the derm said that during the first month or so I'm going to purge, but I hope this is the beginning of the end of that.

I'm crossing my fingers! I'm so glad it worked for you - I can't wait to have great skin! I know some people have been scared to go on it because of the side effects but if I can achieve normal, blemish-free skin the side effects are totally worth it! :headbang:
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file