getting braids..help!

curly1542curly1542 Registered Users Posts: 16
hey guys,
i would have posted this in guys but i thought i would have gotten a quicker response in this section. Ok, first, my scalp gets really itchy when i sweat, any quick/easy remedy for that?
Secondly, Im getting braids in about a week or 2. Right now im only using conditioner and once i get the braids if i use conditioner it will loosen them and make them come out quicker then I would like. so what should I do? i dont wanna resort back to shampoo but I may have no other choice...help!!!

P.S. I have been cowashing for the past 2 months and love it!

Comments

• A_la_Nap-turalA_la_Nap-tural Registered Users Posts: 409
    curly1542 wrote: »
    hey guys,
    i would have posted this in guys but i thought i would have gotten a quicker response in this section. Ok, first, my scalp gets really itchy when i sweat, any quick/easy remedy for that?
    Secondly, Im getting braids in about a week or 2. Right now im only using conditioner and once i get the braids if i use conditioner it will loosen them and make them come out quicker then I would like. so what should I do? i dont wanna resort back to shampoo but I may have no other choice...help!!!

P.S. I have been cowashing for the past 2 months and love it!

There is no remedy for the sweating itself, however, you can use some sort of astringent to clean your scalp. Lemon juice works, so does apple cider vinegar. And you should definitely refrain from washing your hair while it's braided. Just try using the lemon juice, or even seabreeze on your scalp with a cotton ball. But don't wash or condition them. You're right, they will loosen and come right down! If they're cornrows, then you can only clean the part. If they're individual braids, then you can cover more of your scalp. If you're not going to keep them up that long, no longer than 2 weeks, then it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
    www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
    I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST! :love7:

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu

event.png

• curly1542curly1542 Registered Users Posts: 16
    wow that really helps...thanks so much ill get back to you with my results.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file