CurlTalk

Toaster Oven Recs?

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
I have a toaster oven but it doesnt seem to heat up well at all. Aren't they supposed to be like mini ovens? Nothing turns out the same in it. Any body have an recommendations for a good one?

TIA

Comments

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    I had Black & Decker toaster ovens for years.. then we got an Oster Convection Oven. I can cook everything in it that I would cook in my oven (that fits in the Oster) and it all comes out great!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    I have a Hamilton Beach one that I adore, it's red. :) It's a toaster and a toaster oven, I use it all the time, but it's not very big.

22703_hero.jpg
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users
    When we first moved into our house, the old stove didn't have a working oven, so all I had for five years was a toaster oven. I can't recall exactly what brand it was we had, but I can tell you for sure to get one that has upper AND lower heating elements, and that there is a cooking position or setting that allows you to use both at the same time. Upper or lower only is fine for some things (broiling, toasting, etc), but if you really want to be able to bake in it, you'll need the upper and lower element option.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com" class="Popup
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    B&D all the way!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P