0436204955547_ASTL_300x400.jpg
Versace Carolina Herrera
NMB0PXB_mt.jpgNMB0PL9_mt.jpg

Zac Posen Valentino
NMT1TMF_mt.jpgNMB0SP5_mt.jpg
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Comments

• journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816
    i'd like to see tracy reese dress her. or donna karan, or phillip lim.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    SBB I think that white print jacket and black pants is stunning! I want it too!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    she's so tall and elegant, definitely Donna Karan, classic Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren would look good on her too.

i wonder who she'll get to make her inaugural gown...
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    I vote for Akris.

That woman could wear anything and look elegant.
  • angela3213angela3213 Registered Users Posts: 74
    LOL! This is hilarious! I love it! I'll have to find something for her to wear. :laughing8:
    About once a week - Condition with Curls Milkshake. Comb in Kinky Curly Leave In Conditioner & Kinky Curly Curling Custard after squeezing most of the water out of my hair. Use table top dryer for 10 minutes. Use diffuser for 10 minutes.
    Daily - Lightly wet hair. Comb in a little Kinky Curly Curling Custard if needed. Use table top dryer for a few minutes or let air dry.
    Shampoo - Only before straightening.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I loved this dress from Project Runway - maybe with such not a low cut back - she is the President's wife after all!!
    korto_final_12.jpg

I like this from Michael Kors:

MKB0RJJ_mp.jpg
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • A_la_Nap-turalA_la_Nap-tural Registered Users Posts: 409
    Nanette Lepore is fab...

929680_fpx.tif?wid=325&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bilin&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Just Cavalli....
    _5730505.jpg

I'd like to see her in more color. Not that political black, gray, white and brown. Plum would look really nice on her and a bold blue.
    www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
    I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST! :love7:

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu

event.png

xcptnl wrote: »
    I like this from Michael Kors:

MKB0RJJ_mp.jpg

This is nice... She would look very regal in this.

www.mixology101.ning.com

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu

event.png

X, that Kors dress is PERFECT!!! and the colour would be lovely on her too!
    My blog:

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    The Kors and Lepore suite are gorgeoous. More photos - let's keep on dressing her!

Vera Wang & Herve Leger & Ralph Lauren
    0478502996389_ASTL_300x400.jpg0450302346106_ASTL_300x400.jpg0442804942931_ASTL_300x400.jpg
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    This is fun! Here's more:

Magaschoni Collection: For that very soft political look....
    0447405558482_ASTL_300x400.jpg

Tadashi: I think this is the most amazing blue.
    0430409829818_ASTL_300x400.jpg

Badgley Mischka Platinum Label: Green is my favorite color.
    0409605100694_ASTL_300x400.jpg

www.mixology101.ning.com

event.png

• Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Lord, you ladies are eebil. i want all this stuff for myself!! :twisted: :lol:
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    From JCrew
    96062_NA6434_m.tif&tmp=prdDtIm
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    ^^^ oh, wouldn't something like THAT be perfect for the inauguration???

she could wear a beautiful cape over it to go from ball to ball...
    My blog:

• tctc Registered Users Posts: 986
    the michael kors dress is such a beautiful, powerful shape. i love it!
  • JayvynJayvyn Registered Users Posts: 70
    These shoes with the Nanette Lepore suit.
    41QfgVfUdaL._SS400_.jpg
    rouquinne wrote: »
    Christian LaCroix has her number - all of his sketches are just powerful and would look great on her
    Zac Posen is good
    Tuleh
    Kai Miliah
    The #29 Reem Accra is nice
    The Betsey Johnson is a sick joke
    comic-p.jpg

rouquinne wrote: »
    Christian LaCroix has her number - all of his sketches are just powerful and would look great on her
    Zac Posen is good
    Tuleh
    Kai Miliah
    The #29 Reem Accra is nice
    The Betsey Johnson is a sick joke

I agree with the others, but Zac Posen? The Old Mother Hubbard thing with the ruffle and her hair looking like a granny cap? The bodice is good after the shawl(?) is removed, but the rest would keep me from liking it. Or did you mean the light suit, later? I thought that was much better, but if those ruffles down at the bottom are a flouncetype thing at the back, I'm not sure if that would be flattering to anyone but a runway model.

I also like the apple green one-shoulder Carolina Hererra, the strapless bronze Badgley Mischka (all of them but especially that one), the steel blue Elie Tahari with the draping.
    i have to vote for Diane von Furstenburg myself - so timelessly classic.

also love the Tracy Reese purple, Tuleh peach gown, Reem Accra red gown.
    My blog:

• susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
    The black pants/white jacket is stunning....but remember, she's short waisted and long legged...she'd look even more so in that. My older sister had a body shape very much like Michelle's when my sister was younger (RA meds have really ballooned her up). Anyway, one year for Xmas my mom made us some great outfits (mom was a professional seamstress), and my sister's outfit was a beautiful plaid skirt and a bolero jacket....and my sister looked like a monkey grinder's monkey! Cruel, but true. We were actually talking about it last weekend and my younger sister agreed (big sis wasn't there)

These dresses are stunning...you ladies have such good taste. Can you pick out my dress? I'l like something flowing...very romantic and lacy...I already have the boots...black Victorian lace up ones....I LOVE them
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    I thought this was a fun link to an article on WWD.com

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/dressing-the-first-lady-1875632?src=rss/recentstories/20081202

The article also has links to 40 designer sketches for Michelle as well as sketches for Malia and Sasha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oh come on....those little girls will look adorable in anything...and the oldest has such a glow about her when she smiles...she just EXUDES enthusiasm and being a little girl.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

I agree with the others, but Zac Posen? The Old Mother Hubbard thing with the ruffle and her hair looking like a granny cap?
    No not that Zac Posen - #17.
    ball-posen2.jpg

But my favorites are the LaCroix, maybe because they are so beautifully rendered and dramatic
    ball-lacroix2.jpg
    ball-lacroix3.jpg

ball-lacroix.jpg
    comic-p.jpg

• misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    These are my favorites although I am sure she will look stunning no matter what she chooses to wear:

ball-herrera.jpg

ball-mk.jpg

ball-som.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I think the blue one would look great on her.

s-event.png

Here's a slideshow of her inauguration outfits, being updated as she wears them. God, those are some beautiful clothes! I love the colors on her. I can't wait to see what she wears to the ball.

ETA ~ These are my favorites:

slide_840_15010_large.jpg

slide_840_14936_large.jpg

slide_840_14878_large.jpg
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    I liked today's outfit, but I have to admit that I don't get the shoes and gloves. As expected, the comments at Fox News are horribly rude and nasty toward Michelle.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Registered Users Posts: 3,443
    I think I really liked what she wore, especially the shade of green and the texture to it. She looked very President's wife like but not frumpy at the same time. I guess she could have gone for something a bit edgier or sleeker but it suited the occasion well, and the texture and details are interesting to look at.

Just don't have the dress/jacket entirely figured out. Thought the fabric that is hanging down to about her waist is lining of the coat, but it almost seems incorporated into the ruching near the neckline. Or is it a scarf like it appears to be in the close-up above?

Undecided about the gloves...maybe a slightly different shade would have been better. Like the shoes. Like the down to earth use of J. Crew touches.

slide_840_15054_large.jpg
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    They said at the lunch she was wearing a cardigan over the dress-- is it possible that is what is hanging down underneath the coat?
    Minneapolis, MN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file