CurlTalk

Poitou Donkeys

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
Ok..a local show is doing a piece about these donkeys and now I want one. I want one of these and a Alpaca! Now. Right now!

P_Sarat_1.jpg

Poitou-fab-four.jpg
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    There was a fiber festival in Boerne this weekend and my best friend and I went - this was my 4th years, her 3rd.

She goes to buy yarn; I go to pet the alpacas and the mohair bunnies. :D So cute!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    OMG. Those are adorable. :love7:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I could get a matching donkey/alpaca set!! This guy we saw in Maine at a Alpaca Farm. Do you think SO would notice a baby Poitou Donkey and a baby Alpaca in the yard??
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Those donkeys are cute!

I love alpacas, they have those adorable furry faces. There are a couple of alpaca farms in my area and I keep meaning to go visit some time.
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    Excuse my city girl-ness, but what would you do with one of these? You can't ride em or eat em or drink their milk. Are they just pets that poop really big?
    hello.world.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    webjockey wrote: »
    Excuse my city girl-ness, but what would you do with one of these? You can't ride em or eat em or drink their milk. Are they just pets that poop really big?

The alpacas - you use their fur like you do sheep. It's like wool. The donkeys - no clue. I am sure at some point they were used as pack animals.

I would not use either of them for their intended purpose other than to go out and look at them because they are so darn cute.
    Central Massachusetts

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Apparently the donkeys were mostly used for breeding mules. This type of donkey has nearly died out -- mules not being used for farm work any more. There is a re-breeding program going on in France, where the donkeys originated.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    webjockey wrote: »

They're just expensive lawn ornaments.

That said...I'd still like one. I've been thinking of getting a goat. Another thing to feed...oy...
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I want a mule if hubby said a horse is out of the picture. You'd see me riding it, that's for sure. Then for its friend, a donkey would be cool. Those are OK when all brown & shaggy, but adorable when black & young.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users
    So cute!
    Since the alpacas are grazing animals, they could keep your lawn trimmed.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.