CurlTalk

Spinoff- summer 09 chop off

Jaguar PawJaguar Paw Posts: 199Registered Users
I have to renig on the Spring 09 chop off. That would be one bold move for me,so I decided that after 10 months of transitioning in August , I will chop then. Anyone who's scared to chop in the spring wanna join this challenge? Chop between June and August.

Comments

• cysycacysyca Posts: 362Registered Users
    I have to renig on the Spring 09 chop off. That would be one bold move for me,so I decided that after 10 months of transitioning in August , I will chop then. Anyone who's scared to chop in the spring wanna join this challenge? Chop between June and August.

Oh no you didn't, LOL:geek:. I don't blame you for not wanting to cut your hair in the Spring and I wish I could wait longer but I'm so sick and tired of dealing with the different textures.

I think it's a good idea to also have a Summer chop off (esp for people who want more length) but I have to stay with the Spring chop off since I started it.
    Live For Today!
  • heyitsmefeheyitsmefe Posts: 101Registered Users
    I'm down for the summer BC. That will give me a full year of transitioning
  • MsZareeMsZaree Posts: 36Registered Users
    I was planning to cut some time after May so I'll join the challenge.
    Last touch up: May 1, 2008
    BC: May 24, 2009
  • Shellybean_21Shellybean_21 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Hey, I've been stalking the forums (and curlynikki) for a few weeks now and I've decided to join this BC group since my last relaxer was in July. I've been wearing straw and flexirod sets while doing mini-cuts along the way. I'm wearing micro-braids now and will probably take these out and get some more braids around the end of Dec. Hopefully, I'll get my laptop working (it got a virus, no net at home :sad1:, stealing work time to feed my natural research habit lol) and I can post some pics once I take them out. Happy transistioning!
    Hair Type: Mostly 4a/b, OS I think...
    Last Relaxer: July 08
    Planning to BC in August 09!
  • Jaguar PawJaguar Paw Posts: 199Registered Users
    Hey, I've been stalking the forums (and curlynikki) for a few weeks now and I've decided to join this BC group since my last relaxer was in July. I've been wearing straw and flexirod sets while doing mini-cuts along the way. I'm wearing micro-braids now and will probably take these out and get some more braids around the end of Dec. Hopefully, I'll get my laptop working (it got a virus, no net at home :sad1:, stealing work time to feed my natural research habit lol) and I can post some pics once I take them out. Happy transistioning!

Welcome Shelly-welly!!! So, you're going to transition for a year?
    Yup, I would've gone for a shorter transistion, but I don't wanna have short hair in the winter lol.
  • garnergarner Posts: 82Registered Users
    Hi Everyone!!! :wave: This is my first post (in this thread), so I consider myself a Newbie. My last relaxer was 7/17/08. I would like to join. Thanks for allowing this challenge. Right now I am wearing buns and braid outs. Wash day has beginning to be a chore. Detangling is okay. I am still in search of a good conditioner with slip. I am ambivalent about heat use. I love long hair and hope my hair will be long enough by late summer 09'.
    74Cwm6.png
  • veggiegirl314veggiegirl314 Posts: 16Registered Users
    I'm planning on doing my BC in June (that'll be one full year), so count me in! Hopefully I don't chicken out and wait longer. :)
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Sign me up! I'll be a full year in April, so for length purposes I'll chop in the summer! Excellent.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • c.ptfemmec.ptfemme Posts: 67Registered Users
    I do..

please don't hurt me cysyca Lol. But I've decided to wait until summer..late june..July..[early august at the latest] to chop. I'll be out of school by then and will have enough time to tinker around with my hair.

Two more weeks marks a yr for me..
    transition - 12.07 - 3.09 (15 mos)
    length: medium
    hairy type: diff types.

comic-p.jpg
    c.ptfemme wrote: »
    I do..

please don't hurt me cysyca Lol. But I've decided to wait until summer..late june..July..[early august at the latest] to chop. I'll be out of school by then and will have enough time to tinker around with my hair.

Two more weeks marks a yr for me..

You're funny :happy8: and do what's best for you, I still love U.:toothy5:
    Live For Today!
    Well, I am just one month into my transition, but I swear I feel a lump and a bump here and there, despite what my beautician says.

My plans during this 10 month transition include to use cassia on the newgrowth every 3 months, I am cutting more of my hair in layers and the longest layer will be cut to my shoulders next month, every week until I am 3 months post, I am going to the beauty shop for rollersets.
  • MissConstruedMissConstrued Posts: 323Registered Users
    Spring and Summer BC's rock! I BC-ed April 13, 2008 to 0.25 inches and have 4 inches now. I stopped getting my ends clipped last month and was wondering if it would be bad to stopped getting them clipped for a while? They don't look bad and I've been keeping my hair very moisturized.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
    Spring and Summer BC's rock! I BC-ed April 13, 2008 to 0.25 inches and have 4 inches now. I stopped getting my ends clipped last month and was wondering if it would be bad to stopped getting them clipped for a while? They don't look bad and I've been keeping my hair very moisturized.

...and Summer BC. You are brave to BC with only 0.25 inches and I love your avatar pic. Is your hair pulled back in a bun?
    Live For Today!
  • MissConstruedMissConstrued Posts: 323Registered Users
    Thanks...no this is when is about a week or two after I got my hair cut off. I still need to update the pics...
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • HumblebugHumblebug Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'll be big chopping by the end of June. My last relaxer was the beggining of September. I have no pics yet, but I am getting a digital camera for Christmas :D I've been lurking for a while and decided to join. I have 1 inch and 1/2 right now, and I think I'm a 3c/4a.
    I just started taking these micros out and I'm sooo tempted to BC. I really want to hold out until at least July. Please give me some will power!
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    Well, I am just one month into my transition, but I swear I feel a lump and a bump here and there, despite what my beautician says.

My plans during this 10 month transition include to use cassia on the newgrowth every 3 months, I am cutting more of my hair in layers and the longest layer will be cut to my shoulders next month, every week until I am 3 months post, I am going to the beauty shop for rollersets.

I had to put my hand over my heart LOL You're cutting off all that beautiful hair?! What is your new goal this time? Will it be BSL?
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

mariag002 wrote: »

I had to put my hand over my heart LOL You're cutting off all that beautiful hair?! What is your new goal this time? Will it be BSL?

Oh wow! I am so slow. I am just now seeing this question. Yes girl, I am chopping off these relaxed ends! I think the longest I will allow my hair to grow will be armpit length this time as a natural.
    How's everyone doing with holding out a little longer? Interestingly, I am enjoying my relaxed hair with this amount of newgrowth I have (I am almost 3 months post). My rollersets are very full. I am expecting this not to last too much longer though. I give it to about March and braidouts will definitely be my primary hairstyle.
  • Storm_N _MomStorm_N _Mom Posts: 259Registered Users
    My dd and I will join you in the summer BC challenge. I'm already sick of my bi-texture hair, but would look like an alien with a TWA--so summer it shall be.
    Storm BC'd 12/30/09 (my gorgeous dd), low porosity, thick density, medium-coarse texture?, elasticity ?
    Mom BC'd 5/31/10, fine texture, low porosity, normal density, low elasticity
    Last relaxer, July 2008
    Hair Type: HUMAN
    Our HGs: Hair steamer, KCCC, AOHSR, generic conditioning balm conditioner
    other products:FSG, KT, EO condish, KBBHN, EWNOC, DMBC, DMDCC, NG, EVOO, Almond Oil, Maha Bhringol oil, Henna & Ayurvedic powders
  • HumblebugHumblebug Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm 5 months post and i've decided to wash less and use more 'bad' products. My hair has never been better. I have crazy dreading but I've been keeping that to a mininum. I'm just bunning it :)
    So...i'm having to renig on the whole summer BC. I have a wedding to be in Oct and I promised my sister that I would wait until after her wedding to do my BC, but as soon as it is over -- literally the day after. I AM cutting these relaxed ends off.

Sorry you guys :(
    heyitsmefe wrote: »
    So...i'm having to renig on the whole summer BC. I have a wedding to be in Oct and I promised my sister that I would wait until after her wedding to do my BC, but as soon as it is over -- literally the day after. I AM cutting these relaxed ends off.

It's okay, boo.

Hey ladies, I cut my longest layer of hair last week. It's now to my shoulders. Check out my fotki:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FBublnbrnsuga" class="Popup
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    It's been 4 1/2 months since my last relaxer. I was planning to do mini chops this time (third time going natural) but this past weekend I decided that I wanted wash and wear hair for a bit. So, I'm doing the BC this coming Friday.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FQVCDiva%2F" class="Popup
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    Jaguar Paw wrote: »

It's okay, boo.

Hey ladies, I cut my longest layer of hair last week. It's now to my shoulders. Check out my fotki:

Hey I was just looking at your Fotki. Why do I cry every time you cut your hair or change it up? LOL :toothy9:
    You've cut ALOT since you decided to transition. I really can't see you waiting till August 09 to do the BC. My guess is April.

Still love your hair!!! :notworthy:
    And I admire your cojones!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

mariag002 wrote: »
    Jaguar Paw wrote: »

It's okay, boo.

Hey I was just looking at your Fotki. Why do I cry every time you cut your hair or change it up? LOL :toothy9:
    You've cut ALOT since you decided to transition. I really can't see you waiting till August 09 to do the BC. My guess is April.

Still love your hair!!! :notworthy:
    And I admire your cojones!

U know, this transition is really interesting. My new growth really hasn't sprouted as much as expected and the amount I do have really blends in with my relaxed hair. I was just daydreaming about big chopping now, but if I did, I probably would be bald.

Girl, August is going to definitely be the month. I have decided to take off work and everything the day after the chop to get over the initial shock of it all. This will be the first time I will really have short hair!
  • brwnsknlady11brwnsknlady11 Posts: 17Registered Users
    I wanna join in on the late summer BC....I had my last relaxer in August 08 and I have over 2 inches of new growth...My hair was past my shoulders and I cut it to a bob. Im planning on gradually cutting more and more off, but im loving seeing my new growth and learning the texture and curl pattern...
    I'm back in! I decided that I'm not going to wait--I'll be ready to do the BC this summer. Can't wait ladies!:lol:

www.fotki.com/heyitsmefe
  • MummysGirlMummysGirl Posts: 5Registered Users
    I am 10 weeks post and I want to join :-)

I'll be 35 weeks post -> A little over 8 months post on the 22nd of August.... I think I'll be tempted to BC then or a little earlier....

Thanks for starting this thread!!!

P.S. It's so funny cos my initial goal was 1.5 years, then it went down to 1 year now I'm thinking August.... :-)