The Great Republican Hope?

afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
I've never heard of Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal until Hurricane Gustav. Now it appears people are already encouraging him for the presidency.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl147
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I'd never support a religious extremist, especially one who is into "exorcism". We don't need Linda-Blair-pea-soup on the White House carpets.

Jindal is as bad as Palin (although he's probably smarter...can't be any dumber). He's anti-woman and anti-choice. Pfffttt...no thanks. He's also anti-stem-cell research, which, as the mother of a Type 1 diabetic, I'm really disturbed by. There are cures just waiting to be found out there for devastating diseases, and the extremist Bush has already wasted 8 years that could have been spent in research because he sees embryonic cells as cute-little-babies. :roll: I want all future leaders to be of the type who won't stand in the way of medical progress.
  • CocoaCoilyCocoaCoily Registered Users Posts: 2,648 Curl Neophyte
    They must think that any woman or person with brown skin will do, it seems.
  • .patience..patience. Registered Users Posts: 537
    I'd never support a religious extremist, especially one who is into "exorcism". We don't need Linda-Blair-pea-soup on the White House carpets.

Jindal is as bad as Palin (although he's probably smarter...can't be any dumber). He's anti-woman and anti-choice. Pfffttt...no thanks. He's also anti-stem-cell research, which, as the mother of a Type 1 diabetic, I'm really disturbed by. There are cures just waiting to be found out there for devastating diseases, and the extremist Bush has already wasted 8 years that could have been spent in research because he sees embryonic cells as cute-little-babies. :roll: I want all future leaders to be of the type who won't stand in the way of medical progress.

yeah, i moved to Georgia from Louisiana and i know a bit about Mr. Jindal. nothing to get all hyped about. but, like CocoaCoily mentioned, maybe the brown skin helps.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    CocoaCoily wrote: »

Seriously, this approach is so transparent and just doesn't work. And it's insulting.
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur

Yep. Apparently they think the dems did well just because of that.
  • YolyCYolyC Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    gemini wrote: »

Seriously, this approach is so transparent and just doesn't work. And it's insulting.

I agree. It seems McCain wasn't the only one who didn't get it. The leadership of the republican party is just as out of touch as he is.

I don't know, but I don't see the republicans embracing him as "their" candiate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
    Josephine wrote: »

Yep. Apparently they think the dems did well just because of that.

I say let the Republicans continue to think that any-woman-or-brown-skin-will-do. They'll be out of power, "in the wilderness", that much longer.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    Much as I love seeing fellow Indo-Americans succeed, I would never EVER vote for this guy as president.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i can't see the christians in the republican party accepting this:

"Jindal's extreme Catholicism and his view of Protestant tenets as heretical"
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • 3cCurly3cCurly Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114
    If you all hate him he must be doing something good. :toothy7: I think I like him already :blob7:
    3cCurly wrote: »
    If you all hate him he must be doing something good. :toothy7: I think I like him already :blob7:

Cool! Keep running extremists and Dems will be in power all the longer. You Go!
    Can someone please stuff a sock in her?
  • A_la_Nap-turalA_la_Nap-tural Registered Users Posts: 409

Or muzzle her?
    www.thenaturalknowitall.com

www.mixology101.ning.com
    I'm luvin' my natural self FIRST! :love7:

"And if you don't want to be down with me, you don't want to pick from my appletree."-Erykah Badu

event.png

• eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur
    Just use your IGNORE option. Works great! :toothy7:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    *snort* Unless someone quotes them. Rouquinne is right about that, it kind of defeats the purpose a little. It's too bad the board can't be set up so that a (properly) quoted post by someone on your Ignore List doesn't show up in the new post for you, either.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^ yeah, i miss the good old-fashioned Usenet killfile!

you'd type /kill and the username and you wouldn't see anything the kook wrote or the follow-ups from anyone.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Registered Users Posts: 2,034

I don't think that's fair. I don't know much about him, but I do know he's been in politics for a while and he was one of the people MSNBC picked as a possible VP for McCain. He is a governor, and that's generally a stepping-stone towards looking at running for president.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/

Or muzzle her?

I also think this is pretty rude. So much for being allowed to have an opinion. You may not agree with it and I know some things have been said about her, but that doesn't mean it's ok to make that comment.

And if I'm not mistaken, someone said something very similar about Rahm Emmanuel's appointment last week.
    CG since 6/15/08!

I don't think that's fair. I don't know much about him, but I do know he's been in politics for a while and he was one of the people MSNBC picked as a possible VP for McCain. He is a governor, and that's generally a stepping-stone towards looking at running for president.

I'm sure the guy is qualified to be governor or whatever and is a fine politician. It's the fact that he's a religious extremist, and he's anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-stemcell research...all the anti's...that turns us off. Frankly, most Americans seem to have had enough of the religous extremists, and we're saying you can't dress up an extremist in brown skin or with breasts and think America will buy it.

I'm sure the guy is qualified to be governor or whatever and is a fine politician. It's the fact that he's a religious extremist, and he's anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-stemcell research...all the anti's...that turns us off. Frankly, most Americans seem to have had enough of the religous extremists, and we're saying you can't dress up an extremist in brown skin or with breasts and think America will buy it.

I can understand that. It's the notion of Republicans (or any party, I guess) sitting down and picking someone solely because of the color of their skin that doesn't sit well with me.
    CG since 6/15/08!

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    I don't think the Republican party understands that we are tired of the extremism from the far-right. I don't want the Christian Coalition social conservative agenda, and I think most mainstream Americans don't either.
    You can be Christian and you can be conservative in your own personal life...I know many that are and are also tired of the republican party.
    They can continue to look at Jindal, look at Palin, and any other...but they will have a hard time winning by doing that. McCain is less extreme, and I used to like him for that...but he picked Palin and then started catering to the RNC in his campaign...and well, he became more like the type of candidate I didn't want...so, I didn't vote for him...and it sounds like many moderates like me felt the same way.

The republicans need to look outside themselves...look at what the people are saying,and then regroup. If they do this, they might have a chance in four or eight years.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
    Boomygrrl wrote: »
    McCain is less extreme, and I used to like him for that...but he picked Palin and then started catering to the RNC in his campaign...and well, he became more like the type of candidate I didn't want...so, I didn't vote for him...and it sounds like many moderates like me felt the same way.

The republicans need to look outside themselves...look at what the people are saying,and then regroup. If they do this, they might have a chance in four or eight years.

I seriously considered voting for McCain...until he picked Palin. Then I said "hmmm...lemme take a closer look at that Obama guy".

The Reps are not going to back down on their pandering to the religous right. I think they're going to have to be spanked in a couple more elections before they get it.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    Anyone else think that Michael Steele will become the next head of the Republican party?
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398

The Rep[ublican]s are not going to back down on their pandering to the religous right. I think they're going to have to be spanked in a couple more elections before they get it.

That works for me :blob:

As for the rest of your post I didn't excerpt, I can understand the appeal of McCain's moderate conservative views. He was never my candidate, but there were worse republican options. His judgment got very questionable towards the end with the Palin pick and the campaign strategy of negativity and mud. But anyway, that's all past tense now (over). No need to dwell when so much new is on the horizon :happy4: (and this is not directed at RCW but rather to people still hanging on to the campaign and not yet dealing with regime change post-election)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    I've never heard of Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal until Hurricane Gustav. Now it appears people are already encouraging him for the presidency.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl147

The tone of this article is faddish and lacking in substance. It emphasizes mostly superficial traits of comparison. But if the GOP wants to bank on so-called Obama clones, then god bless them. Meanwhile, democrats (I hope) will be making sound policy decisions and governing in a manner that will increase the liklihood of an 8 year Obama presidency, and then another democrat riding on his successful coattails. Guess we will see in time what happens.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • CottonCandyCurlsCottonCandyCurls Registered Users Posts: 344
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that Michael Steele will become the next head of the Republican party?

Probably not. They'll most likely pick another RNC crony. The DNC used to do the same. Picking Howard Dean was a smart and interesting move. A lot of conservatives like Steele and he's pro-choice and not as gun nutty as some other possible picks.

Or muzzle her?

I also think this is pretty rude. So much for being allowed to have an opinion. You may not agree with it and I know some things have been said about her, but that doesn't mean it's ok to make that comment.

That was much nicer than half the stuff I would have liked to write.

And, for the record, I do not think it's rude to let people know they are ridiculous/annoying. I actually think of it more as a PSA.

Also, please refer to my signature.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    Myradella3 wrote: »

Probably not. They'll most likely pick another RNC crony. The DNC used to do the same. Picking Howard Dean was a smart and interesting move. A lot of conservatives like Steele and he's pro-choice and not as gun nutty as some other possible picks.

Michael Steele of Maryland? He's pro-life to the bone. Hard core conservatives don't like him because he's pro-affirmative action. But he'll be a black face on the Republican party. We'll see.
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Registered Users Posts: 1,340
    Ok beat up on her but all you people do is use the most gruesome language to describe anyone who doesn't agree with you it gets so F*CKING OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes all I have sometimes not to even look at certain things or just want to scream at you. You pretend to be so open and supportive but that's only to people who bow down to every little word you say.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file