name one thing positive about the bush presidency

fraufrau Registered Users Posts: 6,130 Curl Neophyte
he kept our country safe after 9/11.
my taxes were fair.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    He did sign the "do not call list" legislation.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • 3cCurly3cCurly Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114
    frau wrote: »
    he kept our country safe after 9/11.
    my taxes were fair.

I concur,

Also he Banned Partial Birth Abortion — by far the most significant roll-back of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade.

He wasn't that bad as a president even tho he made a few mistakes along the way, the media made him out to be attila the hun.
  • YolyCYolyC Registered Users Posts: 3,758

It will end soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • BBBB Registered Users Posts: 475
    1. Humanitatian aid in Africa, particulary funds to help fight aIDS

2. He appointed more women and minorities than any other president (not that I agreed with them all)
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    He had Saddam Hussein executed. That's all I can think of.
  • mailgirlmailgirl Registered Users Posts: 451
    He did sign the "do not call list" legislation.
    :toothy7:
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • mailgirlmailgirl Registered Users Posts: 451
    He provided a lot of fodder for comedians.
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    YolyC wrote: »
    It will end soon.
    That was the first thing that came to mind for me as well.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • nadinanadina Registered Users Posts: 640 Curl Connoisseur
    BB wrote: »

2. He appointed more women and minorities than any other president (not that I agreed with them all)

exactly, i heard an man from Africa say, i thank God for Bush because he passed PEPFAR (international AIDS relief bill). a lot of people in Africa survived because of that money. (keeping my mouth shut about restrictions on family planning funding though - it all comes with a grain of salt).
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    If I had to pick just one, it would be his 2 appointments to the US Supreme Court.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    nadina wrote: »
    BB wrote: »

exactly, i heard an man from Africa say, i thank God for Bush because he passed PEPFAR (international AIDS relief bill). a lot of people in Africa survived because of that money. (keeping my mouth shut about restrictions on family planning funding though - it all comes with a grain of salt).

the family planning portion is the reason I held back from listing that one.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    Ok, I admit I had to google because I couldn't think of one on my own (and I didn't want to say something like "he took a lot of vacations", which was my first thought :p ), but here it is: He eased the rule prohibiting HIV+ individuals from visiting the U.S. without a special waiver.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    He said, "Heck of a job, Brownie."

It was funny.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Oh, and he hired Scott McClelland, who is smart and honest, and who eventually quit in disgust.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    His incompetence, arrogance and failure to accept any measure of responsibility for a devestated/weakened economy and near $600M unjustified war that was made us into villians in the eyes of much of the world community contributed to the victory of Barack Obama.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    Yes he has kept America safe after 9/11 after the Clinton Administration left us wide open and vulnerable to terrorism forever.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    The start of the war Afghanistan
  • legendslegends Registered Users Posts: 3,073
    He didn't die, thereby leaving us with an even bigger sociopath for president.
    Eres o te haces?
  • battinlashbattinlash Registered Users Posts: 1,850
    I could be really snarky but I am trying to move past that, so...one thing. Let me think...

Okay, how about this one. I think it was a wise decision (can't believe I'm saying this) on his part to appoint his two predecessors as heads of tsunami relief. They raised a ton of money - can't remember how much - but their efforts were largely successful.

Unfortunately, Bush was not so proactive with Katrina. But I'm sticking with the positive, here...
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Can we please stick with positive things that Bush has done?
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816
    i appreciate his commitment to diversity in appointing members of his cabinet.

he was quite gracious when obama won.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    He strengthened the Democrats. Both of Bush's elections, the Democratic party put forward candidates who they hoped would beat the Republicans. This time, they put forward the candidate they felt best. Huge difference, and without attitudes toward Bush I don't think that would have changed.

I agree about his diversity in appointments.

And at least he didn't spike himself.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    legends wrote: »
    He didn't die, thereby leaving us with an even bigger sociopath for president.

LOL good one.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    I do think he tried his best. He did what he thought was best and that's all you can really ask of a president.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    NCLB (No Child Left Behind) - Even though I think it needs to be managed differently
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Registered Users Posts: 8,449 Curl Connoisseur
    He apologized for screwing up once. I really appreciated it, and it seemed sincere.

I do believe he tried to do the right thing sometimes.

He said and did some funny stuff, enough that David Letterman has an entire segment devoted to it.

Laura Bush seems like a nice lady.

They have a cute dog, even though he did bite that reporter.

I think he was very good at rallying people immediately after 9/11.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Laura
    He made people laugh
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    I will refrain from snarking here ;)

1. He created the largest marine preserve on earth in the Hawaiian archipelago

2. He kept rabid anti-immigration sentiment in his party in check.

3. He has a good sense of humor.

4. It sounds like he has been very gracious to Obama and gave him good advice in the past about how cutthroat politics is.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • trueladytruelady Registered Users Posts: 139
    i appreciate his commitment to diversity in appointing members of his cabinet.

he was quite gracious when obama won.

I was very impressed by how gracious he was to Obama.

He wasn't qualified to be President IMO, but I don't think he's a bad/evil person.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    He admitted having some regrets.

I understand trying to keep up a strong front in the face of making a mistake, but really, when a leader is wrong, I'd rather he or she admit it and change accordingly. I honestly think he believed admitting a mistake was a sign of weakness. I appreciate what he stated in the article. That seemed very honest and open and in contrast to his usual style.

ETA: I admire that he always makes time to exercise regularly. I know I'd use the "I'm too busy" excuse if I were president. I already use that excuse. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file