Blowouts and CG...and much help needed :/

ok, i tried to search but CG doesnt meet the 3-letter word length requirement!!

completely honest - i need a change. i love my curly hair, but i also love changing it up. i dont want to straighten my hair, i really dont.

pre-CG i handed over $35 bucks for this hair dryer plus attachements. i really liked what i could do with it - even though it has no diffuser. i dont think its NEARLY as bad as straightening with the brush attatchment - theres a comblike side which is what works better anyways....and it has ionic technology.

so what im asking is if its against the CG rules to do a blowout once in a while. it probly is, but to hear something from one of you would be great. if its talking me out of wanting blowouts or saying how bad it is for my hair, or if it will pull out my curl (i would hope it wouldnt but tell me if it might), etc.

thanks everyone!
--xxmisschrisxx
3a since going CG!
CG on 10/12/08. free of cones, sulfates, and shampoo! added shampoo bars 1/80/09.
using:
shampoo bars (wind blossom)
condish - burts bees super shiny
styling - confused and running out of products. TRYING LOOB!
trying: tweek...barely.
WAITING to try: Melting Gel...resisting the urge to become a PJ...kind of...
Dislikes: molasses and CK :( so unfortunately...

Comments

• amy51373amy51373 Registered Users Posts: 1,205 Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't read the CG book but I would think that you could do a blow out every now and again. To me CG means more about the products you use in your hair such as the no cone's, sulphates etc than blowing out or straightening every now and again. I straightened on Halloween but didn't use anything that wasn't CG. I could be completely wrong so hopefully someone else chimes in.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • HestiaHestia Registered Users Posts: 21
    I've been CG since this summer, and one of my frustrations has been that I haven't been able to do a decent blowout using CG products. One of the things silicone really does do well is protect your hair from the heat, and I haven't found a product without it that really works for heat styling. I'm a 2c, and have always liked going between wavy/curly and straight.

The only way I've been able to straighten my hair since going CG is kind of gross, but it works: I let it get really greasy, by not even wetting it for several days past my normal washday. Then I flatiron it. The flatiron seems to cook off the grease, the grease seems to protect it from the heat, and it looks good for a few more days!
    2C-m/c-iii
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    ACV/Chamomile/honey rinses
    Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
    Styler: KY

Tried and hated: various gels.
    Jury's still out on: cassia, jojoba oil, diffusing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file