We cut my hair at home - pics

dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
Okay, I kind of took Webjockey's suggestion to get a haircut. :lol:

I was in the shower this morning and felt the urge. So, I started cutting. Then, I called DaNa in (he thought I had gone crazy when he saw the bag of hair) and had him help me with the back. Here are some pics. I tried to cut it pretty close to the length at the top, so that it is more one length.

I have a $70 gift certificate to the best (of maybe two :roll: ) black haircare salon on the island, so I'll probably go and have her attempt to fix whatever mistakes I've made on my spring break. I just couldn't stop thinking about cutting my hair....

Critique as much as you want; I can experiment with it until I go get it fixed anyway. :D

before cut - front, brushed out with D4
100_0433.jpg

after cut - front, brushed out with D4
100_0439.jpg

before cut - back, this is actually a ponypuff before I washed it so not down
100_0449.jpg

after cut - back, brushed out with D4
100_0442.jpg

I'll take some more pics in the next few days to see how it settles in.
People rise to the standard expected of them. GC

Comments

• JCoilyJCoily Posts: 18Registered Users
    It looks good!
    I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it. -Garrison Keillor

Natural 4A/4B
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    very cute! I like the wedginess of it! Is wedginess a word??? LOL
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    Looks good, thats how I want to get my hair cut when it gets to a good lenght. Maybe I will call on the new stylist Dia for this, are you taking clients? :D
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
  • CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Curlee Q wrote:
    Looks good, thats how I want to get my hair cut when it gets to a good lenght. Maybe I will call on the new stylist Dia for this, are you taking clients? :D

:lol:

Let's all fly to Hawaii for our cuts.

Lydia, love your new siggie (and of course, you know the hair).
  • CurlsWannaHaveFunCurlsWannaHaveFun Posts: 251Registered Users
    Very nice!
    4a with 3c patches/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine, natural since 1999

Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    - Vince Lombardi
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Looks good, Lydia!
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Thanks, everybody!! I'll tell DaNa; he's still looking at me strange for just picking up the scissors like that. :lol:

I would advise everyone to stay away from my "chair." When I was a teenager I used to play around with my hair. My aunt used to ask me to do her hair and she said I somehow never got other people's hair to look quite as nice as when I did my own. :twisted:
    Cherish, I was inspired (with the sig line). 8)
    Okay, this is not helping with the bigness, but I'll blame that on my cut. I did love how much quicker it was to wash my hair this morning!!! The downside is I can't do a real ponytail anymore, but I should be able to by summer, I think.

This is after 4-5 hours airdrying, and one lady at church coming up to me and putting both of her full open palms in my hair, smushing it to my scalp and rubbing her hands around, then exclaiming, "You know I just love when you wear your hair like that!" :lol:

100_0464.jpg
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    dia99 wrote:
    This is after 4-5 hours airdrying, and one lady at church coming up to me and putting both of her full open palms in my hair, smushing it to my scalp and rubbing her hands around, then exclaiming, "You know I just love when you wear your hair like that!"

:x

Goodness!

I was hair-assed on Saturday... A girl I know saw me in the grocery store, grabbed fistfulls of my hair, and started pretending it was hers by draping it over her head, etc. Smelling it ("it smells soooo good"), rubbing her face it it.

Long hair is just as bad for harassment as big highly-textured hair, so it seems. :?

I like the cut, too, BTW. You should get it touched up a wee bit on break, but the ends look a lot better - fresh. 8)
  • TroDousTroDous Posts: 241Registered Users
    Y'all did a good job with the cut :)
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
    Sisa wrote:

I was hair-assed on Saturday... A girl I know saw me in the grocery store, grabbed fistfulls of my hair, and started pretending it was hers by draping it over her head, etc. Smelling it ("it smells soooo good"), rubbing her face it it.

Long hair is just as bad for harassment as big highly-textured hair, so it seems. :?

That is so funny, and disgusting at the same time. :lol: :?

I'm going to call this week and make my appointment - I keep seeing loose hairs.

Thanks to you and TroDous for the compliment!!
  • curlycovrgirlcurlycovrgirl Posts: 153Registered Users
    Dia99 - I really like the cut! It looks great, you did a good job. :D

What is wrong with these people that think its ok to grab someone's hair??
    :evil:
    3c/4a - Relaxer Free since Feburary 2004 and Obsessed with my hair.

I have pictures now! password: curlygirl
  • jazzijenni81jazzijenni81 Posts: 529Registered Users
    its so nice! you did an excellent job! especially on the back!
    *applause*
    loose 4a, silky meets cottony
    routine: co-wash, add leave in or plain water, shake & go
    staples: elucence poo & conditioners, V05 & suave naturals, jessicurl too shea, AO.
    Thanks you guys! DaNa hardly ever asks about board stuff, but of course he wants to know what *you* think of the haircut. :lol:

I'll be sure to tell him that the back got special recognition. :D
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    dia99 wrote:
    DaNa hardly ever asks about board stuff, but of course he wants to know what *you* think of the haircut. :lol:

Oh, well in that case...

Tell him it sucks! :twisted:

( :wink: )
    Sisa, he likes you anyway. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file