And how is this NOT arrogant?

susancnwsusancnw Registered Users Posts: 1,374 Curl Novice
http://change.gov/

Office of the frickin' 'president elect'. Has this EVER been done before?

ETA: fixed an error.
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    susancnw wrote: »

We are at war. In TWO countries. We have a current domestic financial crises. There are a lot of logistics to be managed in the next 6 weeks before inauguration. I don't find it arrogant at all that the president-elect wants to hit the ground running on January 20. I'm GLAD he's planning ahead.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Registered Users Posts: 2,816

We are at war. In TWO countries. We have a current domestic financial crises. There are a lot of logistics to be managed in the next 6 weeks before inauguration. I don't find it arrogant at all that the president-elect wants to hit the ground running on January 20. I'm GLAD he's planning ahead.

seriously.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    Oh sweet merciful Zeus!
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    What's arrogant about having a website that keeps people apprised of your progress towards taking office? Lots of people have websites. I hope he keeps it running after he takes office.

His graphic designer should win some sort of prize though. Seriously, he has some of the best signs I've ever seen.
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Registered Users Posts: 1,680
    I don't see it as arrogant, I see it as an indication that he's serious about his commitment to government transparency and keeping us informed. If anything, I think the way he emphasized in his press conference yesterday that we only have one President at a time and that it just wasn't appropriate for him to do certain things or answer certain questions yet shows that he's very sensitive to not moving too quickly.

Also, I really like that he's utilizing the internet in this way. We need a President who is capable of using every tool at his disposal, not someone who is too far out of touch with the modern world and modern technologies to kno how to use or regulate them appropriately.
    Koukla72 wrote: »
    Also, I really like that he's utilizing the internet in this way. We need a President who is capable of using every tool at his disposal, not someone who is too far out of touch with the modern world and modern technologies to kno how to use or regulate them appropriately.

Hear, hear!! How refreshing to be told what's going on in the administration that we just elected through a medium we can all access independently, without having to rely on media coverage. I would think the right wingers (who hate the "liberal mainstream media") would like it to. Go figure...
  • starinastarina Registered Users Posts: 665 Curl Neophyte
    I don't see it as arrogant, I see it as an indication that he's serious about his commitment to government transparency and keeping us informed. If anything, I think the way he emphasized in his press conference yesterday that we only have one President at a time and that it just wasn't appropriate for him to do certain things or answer certain questions yet shows that he's very sensitive to not moving too quickly.

Well said, Koukla. I don't get why the OP thinks this is arrogant. I think it's great, keeping us informed and doing it in a 21st century kind of way. It makes me feel confident that the president elect is on the ball and hard at work on the transition, which must be an incredibly complex operation. As a citizen, I welcome the information that is being provided to us. What is wrong with that?
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    I think it's using a medium to his advantage. I can't see the "arrogance." He was elected. He's not going to sit back and wait for the inauguration and THEN get up to speed with everything.

If you need a more accurate example, I consider our current president to be pretty arrogant.
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Registered Users Posts: 470

Hmmm...he IS the president-elect, so office of the president-elect is appropriate.

My guess is that this has NEVER been done before since...
    1- The internet has never played such a large role in our politics before. Somebody had to be the first. What's wrong with that?
    2 - Since Obama ran on a platform of change, isn't he at least starting off by keeping his promise of change? Change means doing something different. What's wrong with different being first?

I'm not quite sure how this is arrogant. Is it arrogant that Obama wants to "get his feet wet" before the big change over? That way, when he becomes president, he's already got some work done. What's wrong with that?

Is it arrogant to want to start work early and not rest on his laurels until its time to take office?? I thought the conservatives were all about those who worked hard and don't sit on their butts.
    I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

gemini wrote: »
    If you need a more accurate example, I consider our current president to be pretty arrogant.

I have to say (and I can't believe I'm saying this), but George Bush is being very gracious to the Obamas. I expected him to be a prick. (Maybe he's counting on Obama to fix things up and save Bush's legacy.)
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    Yeah, you are right. Maybe he should have planned a golf outing or taken a vacation. Worried the guy might just be a hard worker?

What exactly is the problem? They want a smooth transition. People have lost loved ones in this war, jobs, their homes and healthcare over the past eight years. Maybe you haven't been touched by the problems in this country but a lot of good people have.
    If you were?? You wouldn't have even started a thread like this.
    You do realize if the auto industry problems don't get resolved the job loss will add another 3.2 million nationwide. One lost auto job creates the loss of six non auto related jobs.
    Bush ignored Jennifer Granholm and Michigan for the last eight years. He didn't want to speak to her about Michigan's economy. Bush told the big three to "build a better car."
    Maybe you don't understand the fact that Michigan has a lot to do with another state's economy.
    Do you even realize the country hasn't been in this kind of mess since the depression?
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    gemini wrote: »

I have to say (and I can't believe I'm saying this), but George Bush is being very gracious to the Obamas. I expected him to be a prick. (Maybe he's counting on Obama to fix things up and save Bush's legacy.)

I have heard he is quite charming in person and have no doubt he is being gracious now. Why wouldn't he be after serving two full terms?

I'm talking about having members of his administration act as if they are above the law--starting a war with little founding behind it--crowing about having a mandate and "political capital" after the 2004 election where he didn't really have a wide margin of victory, not being accountable, not admitting to one mistake or error in judgment when it's been obvious to the world that there have been many. To me those are arrogant actions. I will leave it at that. ;)
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte

Hear, hear!! How refreshing to be told what's going on in the administration that we just elected through a medium we can all access independently, without having to rely on media coverage. I would think the right wingers (who hate the "liberal mainstream media") would like it to. Go figure...

In love the website. Ity's easier than having to reference a bunch of news sources. I hadn't seen this website until this post, but I'm gload that the link was posted here.

I suspect that future office holders, of any party, will do the same. Why not get ready to do the job you were elected to do?
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    I don't understand how you could say this is arrogant in the least. I don't see anywhere "WE BEAT MCCAIN. MCCAIN SUCKS. OMG WE'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN MCCAIN." That would be arrogant.

He won. He was elected. He is now the President Elect. He's simply saying what he plans to do as President as well as documenting his campaign.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong...
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Oh the arrogance of that black man, to claim he is President-elect....oh wait....

Thanks for the link!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    Did anyone fill out the job application part? :)
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Ms KittyMs Kitty Registered Users Posts: 556

:sleepy4:
    My favorites
    Qhemets AHOC,OHHB
    Yemen Henna
    HHC
    AOHR Deep Conditioner
    Coconut,Jojoba and JBC oils
    Rosemary Oil/w horsetail,coltsfoot and Nettle leaves.
    My own homemade mixtures
    BlackStrap Molasses

http://public.fotki.com/mj11051
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Every President-elect has a transition team and starts working toward how he's going to handle his time in office as soon as he's elected. I don't know if that's *why* there's such a gap between the elections and inauguration (anyone know history behind that?) but it's how the time has been used long before Obama.

He's just the first technologically savvy President-elect. At least with *this* technology.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • amy51373amy51373 Registered Users Posts: 1,205 Curl Connoisseur
    As president elect he's already being briefed etc at the White House anyway. There are laws in regards to the transition of a president elect.

Transition Laws/Acts
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • mailgirlmailgirl Registered Users Posts: 451

I think it shows he is NOT arrogant by keeping people informed!
    I am really glad you pointed this web page out! It is very informative! It makes me feel important!
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • BBBB Registered Users Posts: 475
    The OP should consider leaving the country for the next four years so she dosn't burst a blood vessel. If THIS annoys her can you imagine:

How DARE he not kneel in the presence of Bush?
    How DARE he have an innauguration?
    How DARE he have a press conference?
    How DARE he meet with foreign leaders?
    Etc ....

I guess if you are used to a government that keeps you in the dark, this openness is new and scary. Remember: knowledge is power!
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Registered Users Posts: 2,481
    Again, we know that the OP won't come back. She just does these drive-by posts, swear she's not coming back, then comes back. Anyhooo, Josh Bolton, Pres Bush's Chief of Staff suggested that Obama do exactly what he's doing. He said that it's like a relay race. That both parties have to be holding the baton and running at the same time. If he hadn't done something like this as Bolton suggested, leaks from the White House would come out that he was too arrogant to do what the current administration said to do.
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Registered Users Posts: 671
    I would think that this would be a good thing. There are a lot of issues going on. Don't you want our next president to be up to speed on everything? And keep us in the loop?

I just guess that you despise Obama so much, EVERYTHING the man does is going to be wrong in your eyes.

Take a deep breath and wait til 2012. That's what I had to do in '04.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    starina wrote: »
    I don't get why the OP thinks this is arrogant.

because it's Obama.

if it had been McCain who won, she'd think this was wonderful.

except, we all know that if McCain had won, this wouldn't even exist because he's a luddite who can't even use a computer.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Registered Users Posts: 5,766 Curl Connoisseur
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur

Thanks for linking this wonderful site. I expressed an interest in recieving an job application. :)
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • trueladytruelady Registered Users Posts: 139
    mailgirl wrote: »

I think it shows he is NOT arrogant by keeping people informed!
    I am really glad you pointed this web page out! It is very informative! It makes me feel important!

TOTALLY AGREE!! This is wonderful!:blob7:

Yep, LOVE the site. He's starting off on the right track. Clinton didn't start picking/announcing his administration until 5 days before his inauguration.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    Well maybe he's working on his image since he's being called "creepy" and an "enigma" by some in the media. Let's not forget that some are NOW saying that we truly don't know WHO is Barack Hussein Obama
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • TrenellTrenell Registered Users Posts: 3,562 Curl Connoisseur
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Well maybe he's working on his image since he's being called "creepy" and an "enigma" by some in the media. Let's not forget that some are NOW saying that we truly don't know WHO is Barack Hussein Obama

Oh my GOD!
    His middle name is Hussein?
    OH God!
    What does it mean?!
    Will he make us learn Muslimese or whatever they speak?!
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Registered Users Posts: 5,766 Curl Connoisseur
    DEL2C wrote: »

Wow... that's like...crazy.:confused1:
    Man just elected President of the United States and some folks don't know who he is? :scratch: They ought to stop eating twinkies and playing video games and buy a damn newspaper!:book:
    fr'real. :tongue:

It makes me kinda happy when I see those who are against Obama use his middle name.

hmmm. Hussein.

kinda sounds like "who's SANE"
    Barack Who's Sane Obama.

mmm hmmm. That fits.

:occasion9:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file