We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Cutting hair

It seems to me that when you all get your hair cut, you get it done on dry hair? Is that right? I'm about to cut my mother's hair for the second time and the first time I did it damp. I would spritz her hair with water to keept it from getting dry. Should I be doing it on dry hair? What are the reasons for this? Any tips for cutting hair?
3c/4a
event.png
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Mahou-KonekoMahou-Koneko Posts: 1Registered Users
    I've only had my hair cut when it's wet...is that wrong?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Depends on the hair texture, and the look you're going for.

Lorraine Massey says curly hair should be cut dry only. The Ouidad carve and slice cuts and the Torch tunnel cuts are done dry, too,

Lorraine Massey's reason is so that you can cut each individual clump and the bottom of its curve to enhance the curling ability, instead of just chopping it off mid curl which promotes the ends to frizz out.

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,646Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I cut my own hair and always cut it dry.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • mangomango Posts: 60Registered Users
    My husband cuts my hair dry. I have different textures of hair that shrink and curl differently as they dry. It would be hard to get a feel for length if I cut my hair wet.
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file