CurlTalk

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

I have visions of pumpkin pies and banana pudding dancing in my head. :thumright: Will be going to the in-laws for dinner without a doubt.

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    We are going over to my aunt & uncles house. All the fam/cousins will be there. Mom is boycotting it all, so I don't expect her & my dad to show. Ironically, this is her sister's house... :rolleyes:
    I will have the little one w/ all of the fam, either way she'll itch, but I gotta do what I need to for the little one...We will also draw names for X-mas..guess m/d will be outta that, as well....:shrug:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    I'll be in Charlotte, NC from early Tuesday to early Saturday, spending Thanksgiving with one of my sisters and her family.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    We'll be heading up to Oregon to spend the holiday w/ DH's family. DD is so excited about seeing her grandma and grandpa.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    Going over to in-laws house (FIL and his wife, not the crazy MIL). I'm bringing baked mac & cheese and cranberry bread. Maybe something else if I'm feeling ambitious.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    I'm not sure yet that I have the day off, so I don't know. If I do, I'll go home, and we'll cook some of the meal and bring it to a family friend's house. If I don't, my mother said she and my brother will come up here, she'll cook, we'll eat early, and then I can head off to work. I hope I'm off...
    Under construction.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    We will most likely be going to a restaurant with the in-laws. My mom & sibs will spend it with my oodles of cousins, but MIL is still unwell, and the time is better spent with her. Hubby actually joked that we'll be saying the same thing in 5 years. Wishful thinking.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I'm going home!:love7: I can't wait to be all nestled in with my family and eat some of the stuffing I look forward to every year. The turkey, I can do without. Our stuffing rocks. My uncle, who eats with my cousins and aunt at two Thanksgiving dinners, always says when he scoops some up, "This is stuffing!" lol

It's going to be too short, because my ride can only take me back early Sunday morning. *sigh* Ah well, then it's time to have visions of Winter Break dancing in my head.

Hungry face! :sleepy3: He wants the stuffing, too. Watch out, drooly, I'm gettin' mine!
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    I'm not sure yet.. We're still waiting to see my husband's holiday schedule. We know he has to work Thanksgiving, but if he has the weekend off then we'll come down and spend it with our families.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    I'll be at work. At least there will be overtime.

I'm vegetarian, so usually my SO and I make huge deluxe nachos. Delicious.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.public.fotki.com%2FTillyErnissee" class="Popup
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I guess I will be cooking for my father and his caregiver at his place. If I'm lucky my BF will drop in.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    We're off to the in-laws as well. This is their holiday, since they don't care to come down here to spend any of the others with us. So we have been delegated to going there for T'day. MIL cooks the meal if she's up to it (wonderful cook!) and I help as allowed (she's one that doesn't like anyone in her kitchen), but last year we ordered it from a store and just had to heat it up. Of course, she still makes her own stuffing and a few other sides.... way too much food for 4 adults and a child. Oh well, we eat the same food for the whole weekend. ;) We also bring the pies, that's the only thing that will make the 4 hour ride up there easily.

My cousin has a dinner at her house, in the next city. I'd kind of rather go there, hate traveling over the holidays, but DH is off Thur-Sun, so it makes a long weekend. DS if off the whole week. We usually drive up after DH gets off on Wed night, lots of traffic. Don't get me wrong, I love my ILs and enjoy time with them, but I *hate* the traffic going up there. :mad:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    I don't know...between in-laws, mother/stepfather, father, brothers...I have no clue. I feel like I'm being pulled from all directions. Maybe my brother will take in my father and other brother and I can bring my mom with me to my in-laws. That's my plan, but that takes my brother's and mother's cooperation. My stepfather is elderly and is sick a lot...maybe I will go to my in-laws early and then spend the rest of the day with my mother and stepfather. I don't know.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • KrazyblondegurlKrazyblondegurl Posts: 1,008Registered Users
    SO and I are planning on going to Atlanta for the week to spend it with his Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. Should be fun..and interesting.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Everyones coming to me!

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite Holiday (and meal!)

There will be about 30 of us and I do strictly traditional:

1 Roast Turkey, 1 Fried Turkey (my brother does the fried one)
    Gravy
    Corn Bread
    Cranberry sauce (real and canned)
    My secret recipe KILLER Wild Mushroom/Onion Stuffing!!!
    Sweet potato Pie
    Wild Rice
    Roasted Brussels Sprouts
    and lots of Wine:)

Apple pie for dessert! (my sister makes this)

The BEST part is the LEFTOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!! (which I make a tin of BEFORE I serve - muahahahahaha):blob7:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    We're going to see my grandparents- most likely having dinner with one set and visiting the other set afterwards.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Ooh, this year I'm being permitted to join my brother and family at their new country club!

Okay, I know that sounds mean, but honestly, I never know to what, if anything, I'll be invited with him. He's my only surviving family member, and was really upset about my broken engagement this summer. (I think he blames me.)
    Anyway, as a vegetarian, I'm planning on getting through it with alcohol.

Yay, wine!:happy2:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    This year we will be going to my Mom's house. My sister and b-in-law will be there too (they live in Arizona-moved there recently from Virginia) so we don't see them very often - once a year if lucky. Because my Mom has been sick we will be doing all the cooking. Because of my Mom's health it's a good thing we will all get together. My sister's son will be coming up from Virginia and we will pick up my daughter on the way there. My brother is not coming up this year due to concerns with the economy/job, etc. I wish he were as I have an odd feeling this might be my Moms last Thanksgiving.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Going to the in-laws this year. :(

I shall be armed with my midwestern Thanksgiving staple: Green bean casserole. And whatever else I can think of so that I don't have to have rice and beans as a side dish.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    It's Dad's year, so I'll be at his house. I really hope my brother makes it down, but he may end up at his girlfriend's parents' house instead.

I love holidays at my dad's! Even with drama, and there's more this year than there has been in a while, the overall philosophy of having anyone who doesn't have a place to go join us is awesome, and I get to cook all day w/ my dad. We're pretty like-minded about cooking, and it's fun, and good time spent together!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 236Registered Users
    I'll be spending Thanksgiving this year at my stepmom's.

Probably I'll be coming in to Yakima the day before Thanksgiving and spending the night with my mom and stepdad, since they go to bed at a much later hour than Joan does.

Then I'll be going over to Joan's place Thanksgiving morning and staying through dinner with her, and going back to Mom's for the night.

Mom has talked me into going thrift-shopping with her the day after--starting at what I think is an ungodly hour! (6 AM)

Good thing everyone lives in the same town, or I'd REALLY have trouble juggling activities, dates, and times!
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, fine, thick, high porosity, CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; L - Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea or Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing, O - coconut oil, C - Curls Creme Brule cream; FOTE AVG; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    Tuesday afternoon we're driving five hours to Houston to see my brother's concert (he's a music major) and then taking him home. Then I get to wake up early Wednesday to drive an hour north to my school just to go to one class. For an hour. It's a long story, but she's not canceling class (she's not American and super strict about these things as it is) and I'm out of absences due to illness. All my other classes, including Tuesday's are canceled. It just sucks because I haven't seen him since August and he's leaving Friday. But my aunt's family and all of our friends are coming over Wed night and then Thursday, so it should be fun!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Wow, I just heard from my sister who lives on the other side of the country, and she and her family are coming out here this Saturday, because her father-in-law just died. (A mercy, he was in late stage Alzheimer's.) So maybe we'll have an early Thanksgiving together! I haven't had Thanksgiving with my sister since the mid-80s.
    Great news, SuZen! :toothy7:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote: »

I shall be armed with my midwestern Thanksgiving staple: Green bean casserole. And whatever else I can think of so that I don't have to have rice and beans as a side dish.

Huh? Whaaa? No mashed potatoes and gravy? Blasphemy! You must have mashed potatoes and gravy.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • LiveGoldinLiveGoldin Posts: 92Registered Users
    My family is small so my extended group of friends rotate the Holiday dinners. Thanksgiving is at one of their houses. I'm bringing my famous 5 cheese Baked Mac and Cheese and a banana pudding recipe that I copped from Paula Deen that is ALWAYS a hit
    My hair and I are STILL estranged.. I think we need counseling...
    That's not my hair in my avi.. umm.. this time.. it's a weave..
    Bailey422 wrote: »
    PartyHair wrote: »

Huh? Whaaa? No mashed potatoes and gravy? Blasphemy! You must have mashed potatoes and gravy.
    Hells yeah!
    And whipped, no less :toothy7:
    tho I love me some Messican!

0004.gif

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Going to DC to visit parents and sister. My brother will be flying up too. Looking forward to it. Except I think it might the first time we are doing thanksgiving in a small apartment w/out having a lot of other extended family over. I'm not sure exactly how it's gonna work out. I can't eat anything these days anyways so I don't care much about the food this time :(.
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    I may skip it this year.
    hello.world.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users
    Tuesday afternoon we're driving five hours to Houston to see my brother's concert (he's a music major) and then taking him home.

Cool! Does he go to Rice?

We are headed to my Mom's sister's house near Plymouth, MA. Everyone is bringing their specialty, the kids can play outside with the dog or we can all walk down to the beach. My parent's haven't been up North for Thanksgiving in a couple of years and my oldest brother has not been included for more than a couple of years (long story) so this is the first time the whole clan will be together since before Harry was born. I'm looking forward to it!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Most likely working, unless my days off get back to normal and I get my Wednesday/Thursday schedule back. It's not likely though, as our second chef in the past four months has been fired, and we're bound to be in scheduling chaos for a while. :( Thanksgiving Thursday is my birthday this year, too.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg