Keeping It Simple (KISS)

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
Does anyone NOT have a strict regimen when it comes to their hair? Like, you just do whatever you want to do on any day? I don't have a strict regimen at all. Heck, I don't even have one :lol: Other women I speak to IRL have it all mapped out and say "Monday, I steam, pre-poo, wash, protein, condition. Tuesday, I rinse, co-wash, leave-in, massage.." etc, etc...throughout the week...I just do whatever when it comes to my hair :lol:

Edited for typo.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• CurlyLdyDTCurlyLdyDT Posts: 72Registered Users
    msjoker wrote:
    Does anyone NOT have a strict regimen when it comes to their hair? Like, you just do whatever you want to do on any day? I don't have a strict regimen at all. Heck, I don't even have one :lol: Other women I speak to IRL have it all mapped out and say "Monday, I steam, pre-poo, wash, protein, condition. Tuesday, I rinse, co-wash, leave-in, massage.." etc, etc...throughout the week...I just do whatever when it comes to my hair :lol:

Edited for typo.

LOL! I know! I read what some women do and I wonder when they have time to do anything else! I'm in a rut with styling because despite being chemical-free, I still like my hair straight. I co-wash once a week, apply my homemade coconut oil/liquid MSM concoction, blow dry and flat iron. The concoction makes my hair extremely soft and it's almost as straight as it used to be when I had a relaxer.

I want to "graduate" to a totally curly style, but despite a somewhat defined curl pattern, my shrinkage always makes my hair look crappy when it's dry. I think once I get some more length, I'll be more comfortable leaving it curly.
    LadyDeeTee
    "Never under underestimate the power of a
    LADY!"
    Last relaxer: 8/04; Partial BC: 10/04; 4a/b hair- earlobe length when blow dried and flat ironed
  • OldSoulOldSoul Posts: 268Registered Users
    I'm with you msjoker. Whatever is needed. The only constants are that my hair is washed every week and I cw in between.
    The poster formerly known as JCrysy
    :::::::::::::::::
    Mostly 4a-} OS spongy

Current faves: Trader Joe's Nourish, Suave Color Care Co, Abba Nourishing, FOTE AVG, Taliah Waajid mist bodifier
  • niaoliniaoli Posts: 79Registered Users
    me too. the only thing i must do after cleansing is detangle and plait. i don't have a schedule, i do everything else when i feel like it.
    currently use Redken butter treat and allsoft conditioner, looking for my HG!
  • Curlee QCurlee Q Posts: 523Registered Users
    No schedule here, just do what my hair needs to have done at the time. :D
    http://www.youtube.com/Kittykat1374

natural since 6/05
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No schedule here either. Everything done depends on what products I've used and how my hair looks and feels. It just ends up looking like I follow a particular schedule because it's pretty consistent.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Thanks for replying girls! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't done a DT in a month :oops: That's one thing that I'll definitely do this weekend.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file