CurlTalk

Curls Milkshake?

I got a sample of this with my curlmart order, and I have no idea what is in this product, what to do with it, how much to apply. Is it a curl creme? DT? Conditioner? The little sample package says nothing informative.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• SunshineGrrlSunshineGrrl Posts: 3,823Registered Users
    Annarie101 wrote: »
    I got a sample of this with my curlmart order, and I have no idea what is in this product, what to do with it, how much to apply. Is it a curl creme? DT? Conditioner? The little sample package says nothing informative.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is what curlmart says:

The perfect 4-in-1 leave-in for all curlies . . . especially for those with needy, dry curls. It will define, defrizz, revive, hydrate and soften dry curls. Derived from natural milks and exotic extracts, this moisturizing cream will bring life back to your overworked tresses.

This is a light curl lotion that defines, defrizzes, and softens curls with no hold. It is formulated with pure coconut milk and certified organic aloe leaf juice. Ideal for fine curlies that prefer light curl lotions with little oil content.

Perfect cream for transitioning curlies . . . to soften and hydrate dry new growth.

8 oz. / 240 ml

Ingredients: Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, jojoba oil, cetrimonium chloride, soy protein, soyamidoprpylkonium chloride, allantoin, soy lecithin, sweet almond milk, coconut milk, aloe vera milk, milk amino acids, buttermilk, arnica extract, lavender extract,

Looks like it's a curl cream, conditioner, leave-in and frizz reducer.

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    It's like a leave-in/curl cream. Good product. I used to use it under a gel or on damp hair to refresh my curls. Curls is having a 30% off election sale as we speak.

Code is vote (all lower case) Expires 11/11/08
    www.curls.biz
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    I also use it as a leave-in. I really like it. The smell is really nice and it is an excellent leave-in. It isn't in KBB territory, but still good !!

I have to be careful not to overuse it. Anytime I have, I end up with lots of well defined curls, but no volume.

If I use it, I'll still use a curl cream over it, but very little ,... and I always follow it with gel. In the summer, I only used it under gel (no curl cream)
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I'd consider it a light leave-in. I don't know if it'll be moisturizing enough for the winter but it's working great for me right now. I use it underneath gel (well, I use everything under gel, lol). The moisture definitely seems to help give me a bit more curl.

Creams and leave-ins can weigh me down, so I only use maybe a dime-sized blob. I emulsify it in my palms and it seems to just melt into my hair.
    It's like a leave-in/curl cream. Good product. I used to use it under a gel or on damp hair to refresh my curls. Curls is having a 30% off election sale as we speak.

Code is vote (all lower case) Expires 11/11/08
    www.curls.biz

Oh, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! That's awesome. I've been wanting to order a full-sized [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Curls-Milkshake-p-884.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Curls-Milkshake]Milkshake[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Quenched-Curls-Moisturizer-p-889.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Quenched-Curls-Moisturizer]Quenched Curls Moisturizer[/buylink] (I only have the samples).
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • curlylexcurlylex Posts: 104Registered Users
    I like it. I use a little in my hands when I scrunch the crunch - that way I have no frizz, but nice shiny definition. I also use it on 2nd day hair - if I ever get it...

If I could only have one post-wash hair product (on a desert island, for example - not by choice!!) it would be this. It is conditioning, yet give some curl definition. Too much though, and it can be heavy.
    3b, superfine, natural colour
    Complete CG from May 2007 - Mod CG starting June 2008 - no sulfates, no cones

There was a little girl, with a little curl
    Right in the middle of her forehead
    When she was good
    She was very, very good
    But when she was bad she was horrid!

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • curlsgirlbrazilcurlsgirlbrazil Posts: 234Registered Users
    anyone use this product?
    :thumright::love1:
    3b/a

I like my microfiber towel and plopping

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fclubedoscachos.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    No comb,blow-fried, sulfates,silicones detangle Only the [/SIZE]fingers!!