We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

McCain communication skills regressing?

ScrappyTamScrappyTam Posts: 470Registered Users
Just saw this video of McCain in western PA. In it he agrees (accidentally or not...) with Murtha saying that western PA was racist. Then, maybe realizing what he did, he tries to fix what he said, but uses Palin's "word salad" instead.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du-vaCnjFQhA%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated" class="Popup

Here's another one where, instead of saying my fellow Americans, he says, my fellow prisoners....

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN4FADXTI-vc%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated" class="Popup

It's odd. This post started out about his slip up in PA. Then found the "fellow prisoners" video. Those slip ups reminded me of his "c**t" word slippage and his "I aspire to be dictator" slippage.

Without trying to be snarky, this is rather disturbing to me. I realize that he does a lot of talking and that slips do happen. You know...saying "s*it" instead of sit. I mean, even with the " I agree with him"...he could have stopped his speech...said I meant to say disagree with him and say something bs'ish along the lines of I'm so disturbed by him calling this great area racist that I had a slip of the tongue. Then continue with his speech. But to confuse "fellow Americans" with "fellow prisoners" at a campaign rally is weird.

As someone who is running for the highest office in our country and who wants to represent us to the world, this is rather scary. Could it get worse?
I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

Comments

• CottonCandyCurlsCottonCandyCurls Posts: 344Registered Users
    ScrappyTam wrote: »
    Just saw this video of McCain in western PA. In it he agrees (accidentally or not...) with Murtha saying that western PA was racist. Then, maybe realizing what he did, he tries to fix what he said, but uses Palin's "word salad" instead.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Du-vaCnjFQhA%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated" class="Popup

Here's another one where, instead of saying my fellow Americans, he says, my fellow prisoners....

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DN4FADXTI-vc%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated" class="Popup

It's odd. This post started out about his slip up in PA. Then found the "fellow prisoners" video. Those slip ups reminded me of his "c**t" word slippage and his "I aspire to be dictator" slippage.

Without trying to be snarky, this is rather disturbing to me. I realize that he does a lot of talking and that slips do happen. You know...saying "s*it" instead of sit. I mean, even with the " I agree with him"...he could have stopped his speech...said I meant to say disagree with him and say something bs'ish along the lines of I'm so disturbed by him calling this great area racist that I had a slip of the tongue. Then continue with his speech. But to confuse "fellow Americans" with "fellow prisoners" at a campaign rally is weird.

As someone who is running for the highest office in our country and who wants to represent us to the world, this is rather scary. Could it get worse?

This is ridiculous. Splinter meet Plank.
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    He's not the best speaker. Obama has a much better voice, and is more eloquent.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    McCain has visibly degenerated over the course of this campaign. He's also coughing a lot. I think the man is ill.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file