How do you wear your hair?

bloom707bloom707 Posts: 12Registered Users
Calling all curly girls:How do you like to wear your hair?PLEASE SPECIFY BELOW!THANK YOU! :lol: 8) :shock: :? :D:):o :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:
IM A 3B HAIR TYPE GIRL!HAIR W/ VOLUME,FRIZZYNESS AND "POUF",SPECIALLY AT THE ENDS.OILY AT SCALP,DRY AT ENDS...HAIRYSTYLES AND DOS WELCOME!I HAVE A HEART SHAPED FACE!THANK YOU!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    1.wash & plop
    2.gel only.
    3. diffuse upside down. ( do i make sense to you? )
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    poo - condish
    wrap towel - less than 1 min
    apply gel
    air dry about 70%
    diffuse
    remove diffuser and "fluff" with dryer
    apply quick spritz of hairspray
    apply glossing creme for final shine
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • bloom707bloom707 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Im new here but ive heard this term quite a lot:what is ploping?
    IM A 3B HAIR TYPE GIRL!HAIR W/ VOLUME,FRIZZYNESS AND "POUF",SPECIALLY AT THE ENDS.OILY AT SCALP,DRY AT ENDS...HAIRYSTYLES AND DOS WELCOME!I HAVE A HEART SHAPED FACE!THANK YOU!
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I wear it down most of the time.

My routine is to wet, condition and detangle my hair 4-6X a week. Then I squeeze the water from my hair, lightly towel it and then layer styling products with a light hand in small amounts.

I go back and forth between cleansing my hair once a week or every two weeks and trying other methods like Apple Cider Vinegar rinses.

And for overnight moisturizing, several nights of the week (or weekend) I apply and leave a creamy product or oil (or both) on my hair, braid it and sleep on it. I guess it acts like a mild DT with my body heat. My hair seems to like it. :)

To answer your question, plopping is when you pour all of your hair into a towel bending from the waist so your hair goes upside down into the towel - it creates volume and maybe helps cut down on drying time. There are many, many posts devoted to plopping on the 3A and general hair boards. I think it is even described in a link on the newbies board.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • betweenshadesbetweenshades Posts: 130Registered Users
    I really can't answer your poll as I can answer with 2!

I wear my hair in half ponytails at work to keep in out of my face, but down the rest of the time. :)

I CW, gel, sometimes plop and let dry.
    Sarah - 3B/C, CG since 11/25/05

DevaCurl and Jessicurl rock my hair care world.

My Hair Journal

tiger.gif
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    All of the styles you listed, plus several others.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• ColochaColocha Posts: 344Registered Users
    Sometimes I wear it down and during the day I have it pulled back with a clip. If I´m on my dance class, I use a pony tail or in a bun with the help of a scrunchy.
    "The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21

Hair type: 3b/c
  • ama935ama935 Posts: 20Registered Users
    bloom, go to the orange home buttom up top. click FAQ and it shows you to a good diagram for plopping
    ~amanda~
    3b and extremely thick
    i would love more controlled looser curls.
  • seekylierunseekylierun Posts: 2Registered Users
    i let my hair dry naturally (unless I need to have it dry asap in the morning then I use a diffuser about 80% of the way and let it air dry the rest) and then I usually pull it up in a scrunchie and it kind of does this half bun half all over my head thing
    "My life is a NON-NEGOTIABLE demand."
  • PetalPetal Posts: 219Registered Users
    always down...
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file