wet to straight flat iron

jazzi erika jazzi erika Registered Users Posts: 14
i just got a wet to straight flat iron i was looking for nice and shiny smooth hair but all i got was really frizzy (still wavyish) hair it was disappointing i needed straight hair for my halloween costume and the results were not very good

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2141&d=1225494899

You know what's scary about that? You look like a few woman that I work with - only they're not dressing up for Halloween the other 364 days of the year. :roll:

Did you use any products with wet to dry?
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
    Wet to dry straighteners boil the hair from the inside.

hair_twh_74_03.jpg

hair_twh_73_01.jpg

Source page. I got this off an old thread here, from Riot Crrl.

I would switch to a regular straightener, or a blow dryer and round brush.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • MaryLarnerdMaryLarnerd Registered Users Posts: 3
    Wet to dry irons never work on my hair either.....I have better luck letting my hair air dry and then using my SEDU section by section untill my hair is straight and smooth.

I've even had stylist in salons try to use a wet to dry on my hair with horrible results.
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Registered Users Posts: 827
    I use a Wet-to-Dry Flat Iron and I love it. The trick is to use it on damp hair and make sure to use a straightening balm that is also a heat protectant (which you should always use no matter what you straighten with).

I have the T3 Wet-to-Dry: http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C11244

I love it. It uses tourmaline and ionic technology. Its made for damp or dry hair (so u dont have to worry about damage, that regular flat irons cause to damp hair). Plus, you dont have to blow dry. I let it air dry for a little while, then get to straightening. You can see pics in my fotki.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Registered Users Posts: 258
    I tried one and it was a frightening experience. My hair looked HIDEOUS and was so damaged it looked like a traumatized tumbleweed bush. Ugh. It was so bad I actually just threw the iron away--this is something I never do, I recycle or give away everything, and this was brand new. I just thought that even someone who got it at the thrift store, or for free, should not be condemned to crappy looking hair. :angry7:
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Registered Users Posts: 351
    I used one long ago after I saw someone else's straightened hair (a guy actually) and it looked healthy, very straight, soft and shiny. When I used it though, it literally cooked my hair! I think if you use it on damp or dry hair the results would be better. Also don't use the cheapest one you can find (I did).
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• PrettyPorcupinePrettyPorcupine Registered Users Posts: 258
    I used a very expensive one (yeah, and STILL threw it away) and on damp hair. They are the devil, that's all. :geek:
    Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair :evil: but I'm trying to learn to accept it.

Gels: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.
  • megaboomegaboo Registered Users Posts: 77
    I have the Remington one. I LOVE it. I've had it for 2 years, and it hasn't failed me yet. When I first got it, I used it while my hair was wet/damp.. and it gave me good results. Really shiny hair, and it stayed straight. I just didn't like how it made my hair smell. I stopped straightening for a while, but eventually went back to it. I found that it works really well on my dry hair too!

Also, if you're into the whole easy wet-to-dry, you might want to get one of the conair infiniti hair dryers that has the attatchment on it... it works well for me. I have the first one that came out, but now theres a new one out!
    CG since October 20th, 2009
    co.wash: suave coconut, vo5 vanilla mint tea, vo5 strawberries n' creme,
    low-poo: Giovanni 50/50, deva no-poo
    condish: suave coconut
    leave-in: suave coconut, giovanni leave in
    stylers: HE tousle me softly mousse & gel

curls n creme: my transition to cg, experiments, and product reviews
    my fotki: pinacurlada

http://macbookplease.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji