Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor

CammybCammyb Posts: 576Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm new on Naturally Curly (3 months since my bigchop ) and I never did a post. This is my first thread and I just wanted to give my review of the Aphogee Reconstructor I tried. I bought the little pack because I wanted to sample it first before I purchased a big bottle at Sallys. We'll it smells like pina colada or some fruity coconut concoction. I like that alot. It was thick like a conditioner but not heavy like a paste. So it was easy to distribute over my head evenly. Better yet, let me give you the order of what I did today :happy1:
1. Washed Hair with Eta'e Ginger Shampoo Bar
2. Applied Aphogee
3. Did a Moisturizing Co w/ AO Honey Suckle Rose
4. Sprayed [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] in Hair
5. Long Aid Gel for styling
6. Added some cute clips (Lol)

My hair is shiny, moist, and looks healthy. I'm more then satisfied. Go me!
uXBum4.png

"There’s just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. There’s a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is it’s sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
www.fotki.com/1cammyb
www.piinkcamellias.blogspot.com
www.youtube.com/1cammyb

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cammyb wrote: »
    I'm new on Naturally Curly (3 months since my bigchop ) and I never did a post. This is my first thread and I just wanted to give my review of the Aphogee Reconstructor I tried. I bought the little pack because I wanted to sample it first before I purchased a big bottle at Sallys. We'll it smells like pina colada or some fruity coconut concoction. I like that alot. It was thick like a conditioner but not heavy like a paste. So it was easy to distribute over my head evenly. Better yet, let me give you the order of what I did today :happy1:
    1. Washed Hair with Eta'e Ginger Shampoo Bar
    2. Applied Aphogee
    3. Did a Moisturizing Co w/ AO Honey Suckle Rose
    4. Sprayed [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Handmade-Greg-Juice-p-190.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-greg-juice-nourishing-herbal-leavein]Greg Juice[/buylink] in Hair
    5. Long Aid Gel for styling
    6. Added some cute clips (Lol)

My hair is shiny, moist, and looks healthy. I'm more then satisfied. Go me!

Congratulations!!!!
    I love the new Aphogee. It smells SOOO much better. I put it in my daughter's hair because it was shedding badly. It worked instantly. I use it on my hair every few months whenever I feel like my hair needs it.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• CammybCammyb Posts: 576Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I appreciate that. I went on ahead an bought the 8 oz bottle. This will be a staple for sure.
    uXBum4.png

"There’s just an certain aura a woman exudes when she has natural hair. She walks differently. Her swag is on full tilt. There’s a sense of confidence and je ne sais quoi that emanates from her spirit. Whatever it is it’s sexy as all hell and turns me on" -Anslem Samuel
    www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • Sunshine_OneSunshine_One Posts: 63Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the review. I love this conditioner. I use it as my protein treatment. I started using it last year when I decided to get Aveda color. However, they recently reformulated this product. I am not happy about the addition of cones and mineral oil.:-( So I have been on the hunt for any left over bottles or packets of the original. I currently have 4 double packets. I know I will eventually at least try out the new one. It's a shame when they mess up a good thing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair facts: 3c/4a I think!
    Mixed Chicks Leave-in May 2010
    Transitioned 15 months
    100% Natural since FEB 2006
    http://public.fotki.com/SunshineOne/
    Thanks for the review. I love this conditioner. I use it as my protein treatment. I started using it last year when I decided to get Aveda color. However, they recently reformulated this product. I am not happy about the addition of cones and mineral oil.:-( So I have been on the hunt for any left over bottles or packets of the original. I currently have 4 double packets. I know I will eventually at least try out the new one. It's a shame when they mess up a good thing!
    Your welcome and your right its sucky when alot of companies reformulate their products. During my first big chop, I was a Miss Jessies Fanatic back in 05 now I would never even look twice at their line.
    uXBum4.png

www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • Sunshine_OneSunshine_One Posts: 63Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cammyb wrote: »
    Your welcome and your right its sucky when alot of companies reformulate their products. During my first big chop, I was a Miss Jessies Fanatic back in 05 now I would never even look twice at their line.

Girl, I was right there with you. I was just over a year into my transition @ that time. I remember "treating" myself to the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]curly pudding[/buylink] and baby butter cream that November for my b'day. It's amazing looking back on this natural hair journey. I do still have a few MJ products in my rotation. But I have still have the old formulas. I stocked up during the Holiday 2006 BOGO. I down to my last jars of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Meringue-p-576.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-meringue]Curly Meringue[/buylink] and Baby Butter cream. I have been rationing them. LOL I played briefly w/samples of the newer ones while @ Ricky's in NYC. I need to find replacements. LOL :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair facts: 3c/4a I think!
    Mixed Chicks Leave-in May 2010
    Transitioned 15 months
    100% Natural since FEB 2006
    http://public.fotki.com/SunshineOne/
    Your soo lucky you stocked up. I wish I had to. But I used mine up like water. lol
    uXBum4.png

www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • DiamondsCurlsDiamondsCurls Posts: 167Registered Users
    i've been wanting to try the 2 step treatment but the reviews on this sounds alot better...have u tired any other aphoghee products and is it cg...i kno the 2 step isnt but im willing to risk it...
    :afro:
    Hair Type: 3b-c/m/i
    HGs:KCKT KCCC
    Using:cowash VO5, TJ Nurish, orGVP PM Detandler condish/l.i. KCKT, stylers EcoStyler or ORS L&T, SheaButter Coconut Oil or EVOO seal, DT amla or brahmi powder ,DC AOHR, Henna, Multi+Biotin+FishOil+Probiotic
    Want 2 Try: Qhem Curls
    formerly KinkzNCurlz
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Elucense carries a similar product. I've never used it but saw it at Curl Mart.

http://www.elucence.com/emrt_conditioner.html
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I stopped using it (though I really love it) because of all the damn cones. I believe it has one non-water soluble cone in it (Someone correct me if I'm mistaken). And since I don't use Sulfate Shampoo's thats a no no.
    uXBum4.png

www.fotki.com/1cammyb
    www.youtube.com/1cammyb
  • DiamondsCurlsDiamondsCurls Posts: 167Registered Users
    ur right the 'cones in it are the worst....but nexxus emgergence is cg so i might try that...
    :afro:
    Hair Type: 3b-c/m/i
    HGs:KCKT KCCC
    Using:cowash VO5, TJ Nurish, orGVP PM Detandler condish/l.i. KCKT, stylers EcoStyler or ORS L&T, SheaButter Coconut Oil or EVOO seal, DT amla or brahmi powder ,DC AOHR, Henna, Multi+Biotin+FishOil+Probiotic
    Want 2 Try: Qhem Curls
    formerly KinkzNCurlz
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I got my aphogee from ebay a couple of weeks ago and was very disappointed to see the formula changes, but decided to use it anyway. I'm please with how it left my hair soft and yet very strong. My strands were too elastic and breaking on account of that. I'm just going to ignore the instruction on the bottle and not use it on my scalp to avoid the build up.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file