AO Curl Activator

GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
I am currently using the AO Sea Buckthorn Leave-in and Curl Activator. It's great product for my hair, but the smell a bit strong. I'm skeptical about placing a fragrance oil in it because then the Leave-in may not work as well.

Have you used AO Sea Buckthorn Leave-in and Curl Activator, but switched because of the smell? If you have switched, is the product that you are using just as good (or better)?:happy11:
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
 *This list is not exhaustive...
CoWash: various
DT: various
Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
Spritz/Sealant:not now
*experimenting and loving it!

Comments

• rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    I've tried it and don't use it anymore either, not so much due to smell though. It just wasn't all that in my hair. I don't use anything like it though.

Have you tried diluting it with distilled water? Someone on another hair board I frequent does that, and I've just not gotten to try it yet.
    Greatcurls wrote: »
    I am currently using the AO Sea Buckthorn Leave-in and Curl Activator. It's great product for my hair, but the smell a bit strong. I'm skeptical about placing a fragrance oil in it because then the Leave-in may not work as well.

Have you used AO Sea Buckthorn Leave-in and Curl Activator, but switched because of the smell? If you have switched, is the product that you are using just as good (or better)?:happy11:
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cclark1cclark1 Registered Users Posts: 346
    I, too, couldn't take the smell. It smells HORRIBLE!!! I had to take it back to the store. I just use an Aubrey conditioner as a leave-in and Upper Management gel by Kiss my Face. It works fine.
    Dare to be......remarkable!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file