CurlTalk

Grrr!

ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
I wish I could vote already! My county doesn't provide mail-in votes, so I have to wait until Tuesday.

But I'm ready now!

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Holy hell, I was ready three months ago. I'd kill to have been able to vote early.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Good point.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    I"m so glad I got to vote last Friday (on the 24th)...but it's still nerve wrecking...I can't wait for all the votes to be counted, the electoral college votes to be determined and a winner to be declared!!!
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    No early voting here, so all 10 million Pennsylvanian voters will have to vote in one day. It should be fun...not...

I'll be parking my ass in front of the TV from 8pm onward Tuesday night. I'm not going to bed til I know who won.
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I voted today. There was a really long line (not as long as the last day of early voting during the primaries though) but it only took about twenty minutes. They had a lot more machines. But I'm so ready for it all to be over. The year and a half of campaign and election talk has really worn me down.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I can't vote early either. I just heard on the radio that Minnesota just broke the record for absentee votes and that they expect an 80% turnout on Tuesday!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    I can't vote early, either. Adding to that, because of budgetary constraints, the city cut our 40-plus polling sites to 10. :banghead:

Fortunately, I have a very flexible work schedule, so I will wait in line all damn day to vote if I have to.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
    alacurl wrote: »
    I can't vote early, either. Adding to that, because of budgetary constraints, the city cut our 40-plus polling sites to 10. :banghead:

Fortunately, I have a very flexible work schedule, so I will wait in line all damn day to vote if I have to.

Whoa! From 40 to 10?! I hope they extended their hours. Seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    Oops, I misspoke about the number of polling places. They did cut the number to 10, but it was for community elections earlier this month, NOT for the presidential election. Whew, I feel a little bit better now. :)
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Just remember, voting early DOESN'T get the ads off your TV...;)
    Minneapolis, MN
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    Just remember, voting early DOESN'T get the ads off your TV...;)

:laughing3:

• Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I wish I could vote early. I used to vote absentee all of the time (I was registered in one state but lived in another on a temporary basis) so actually going to a polling place in something I had to get used to a couple of years ago.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Poodlehead:
    Republicans for Valdemort
    :laughing3:
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I actually stole it from redcelticcurls. There is someone who lives me who has it as a bumper sticker, though, which I think is awesome!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I am one of those weirdos who could have voted early, but isn't going to because I like voting on election day. I know, like I said, I'm a weirdo. Hopefully I won't have to wait in super-long lines. In 2004, with record turn-out, I still only waited for about a half hour to vote in a much busier precinct, so I am hoping it will be calm in my boring, mostly-elderly-people precinct!
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I have class at 8:45 on tuesday BUT I'm not goin because I want to vote and dont want to miss my class at 10:15 which takes attendance and I have an assignment to hand in vs. the 8:45 class that doesn't take attendance and notes are online!
    I'm excited this is my first presidental election I am partaking in
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I mailed in my ballot weeks ago (as an American living abroad).

No idea if it got there or not, but I'm pretty sure that Obama can win San Francisco county even without my vote.:wink:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I voted early, but was dropped from the lists and had to vote provisionally. I'm still ticked off since my vote really doesn't count for much now.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I'm so ready to vote and find out the results. What's going to happen is going to happen and I'm tired of all the :boxing: going on.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I voted early, but was dropped from the lists and had to vote provisionally. I'm still ticked off since my vote really doesn't count for much now.

Why were you dropped from the voting list?
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users

Why were you dropped from the voting list?

No one knew. I voted in the primary without incident.

I live in PA and vote in WV - which is fine since WV counts me as military and my car is still registered to WV. It could have something to do with the two state thing, but, then, I should have been kicked off for the primaries too.

The cynic in me says that I should just re-register as a Republican and then I may be less likely to be dropped.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • rosyrosy Posts: 76Registered Users
    Grrr...I wish I could vote,period...but I'm only 16 and this election's driving me nuts!!

2b/c (the sides and back)/3a (from the ears forward :laughing7:)

pw- wavygirl
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    I went 3 times to vote early-the lines in my county are outrageous. I finally waited 3 hours and 17 minutes to vote yesterday. It was 2 hours to the door, then you got a ticket-I was #846 to vote that day.....glad I did it, though...interesting conversation in line :).
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    rosy wrote: »
    Grrr...I wish I could vote,period...but I'm only 16 and this election's driving me nuts!!

I feel you're frustration. I was 17 in 1992 - just two weeks shy of turning 18! I had to wait until I was 21 for the next election to roll around!!

Be patient and your turn will come. :)
  • angela3213angela3213 Posts: 74Registered Users
    There is early voting in Virginia but I didn't qualify. I can't wait to vote.
    About once a week - Condition with Curls Milkshake. Comb in Kinky Curly Leave In Conditioner & Kinky Curly Curling Custard after squeezing most of the water out of my hair. Use table top dryer for 10 minutes. Use diffuser for 10 minutes.
    Daily - Lightly wet hair. Comb in a little Kinky Curly Curling Custard if needed. Use table top dryer for a few minutes or let air dry.
    Shampoo - Only before straightening.
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I'm guilty of being lazy. We were able to vote about 3 weeks ago. And this last week they opened up even more locations to vote (at first it was just one place per county and this last week about 5 or 6). The lines were still long though - about 2 hours in my county and in some places 5-8 hours due to computer problems. So now I have to get up really early and vote Tuesday since I procrastinated. The good thing is my county had the highest early voter turnout. They say apparently 35% of voters in Ga have voted. So I'm hoping the lines won't be super long on Tuesday. A part of me did want to wait til election day though..
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    I'm so excited I could pee! I LOVE voting. So yeah, I'm a nerd. But I'm VERY ok with that. We get a school holiday (university) for election day so I don't have to worry about getting up extra early.

I love living in a small state, we still have paper ballots and all the elderly historical society ladies work the polls. They are so nice! The hardest part about voting where I do is parking. Other than that there is plenty of room. And we're so low tech that when they check my name off I can see if my parents have voted and if not I call and bug them.

I'm just ready to vote and then Wednesday is my birthday sooo......lots of excitement this week. And hopefully the American people will see fit to give me one awesome birthday president!
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    I voted early (in Illinois). I love the computer touch screen voting, but they should warn you that when it says "print", you don't get a printout!

I procrastinated and voted Thursday at my lunch break. It took about an hour total (35 minutes in line, 20 minutes or so to vote).

I wonder how the lines will be on election day. Anyone else who lives in a big city notice if the lines are usually long on election day? I've been told by a few people that they weren't last time, but I think they meant during the primary or some other election; they're expecting a huge turnout this year and a presidential election might involve longer lines, I would think.

:cat:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
    KookyCurl wrote: »
    I'm so excited I could pee! I LOVE voting. So yeah, I'm a nerd. But I'm VERY ok with that. We get a school holiday (university) for election day so I don't have to worry about getting up extra early.

I love living in a small state, we still have paper ballots and all the elderly historical society ladies work the polls. They are so nice! The hardest part about voting where I do is parking. Other than that there is plenty of room. And we're so low tech that when they check my name off I can see if my parents have voted and if not I call and bug them.

I'm just ready to vote and then Wednesday is my birthday sooo......lots of excitement this week. And hopefully the American people will see fit to give me one awesome birthday president!

Hee, hee. Too cute! :compress:

Leave a Comment