Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme

This is my first time starting a thread so, hopefully I am doing it correctly.

I have 3c/4a hair and I am currently in my 10th month of transitioning. I bought this conditioner on sale from my hairdresser and have used it about 3 times. It has grown on me. But, I noticed that my scalp does not react well to it.

Last night I needed to leave it on for about an hour before rinsing because I had other things to do before I could tackle my hair for the night. Afterward and today, my scalp itches and is irritated. The irritation might be partially because of scratching. But, there is borderline burning and I'm not sure why.

I am listing the ingredients below. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the reaction? I have not previously had any scalp issues since I stopped relaxing. That was actually one of the unexpected upsides of going natural.

I have used baby buttercream and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Meringue-p-576.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-meringue]curly meringue[/buylink] in the past w/no problem. I don't intend to buy this conditioner again, but must admit I'm a little sad I will not be able to finish the bottle.

Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyyisobutene, Lauryl Alcohol, Chlorella Pyrenoidosa Extract, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Amodimethicone, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ceteareth 20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Undaria Pinnatifida Extract, Glycerin, Polyquatenium-11, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, C18-21 Alkane, Trideceth-12, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Dmdm Hydantoin- Dmdm, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140)

Comments

• mycolorfulheartmycolorfulheart Registered Users Posts: 158
    My first thought was that maybe you're allergic to one of the ingredients? I'm allergic to random soaps and lotions. It also might have been a problem just because you left it on too long that one night.
  • curlyzancurlyzan Registered Users Posts: 41 Curl Neophyte
    Could it be that you didn't rinse it out well? Seems like if you are allergic, the skin on your face and neck where your hair touches would also feel the burn.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I'm allergic to a lot of products. It doesn't get better, it only gets worse. You need to stop using it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Registered Users Posts: 1,443
    My thought is that you're allergic to an ingredient in it, and the silicones are keeping that ingredient trapped against your skin/scalp. Silicones are frequently used in lotions because they create a seal, which in the case of trapping an allergen against the skin would be very irritating but in most skincare helps moisture stay in.

Discontinue use is my suggestion.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • ncurlie0108ncurlie0108 Registered Users Posts: 9
    Thanks guys. As cheap as I am, I'm not willing to sacrifice my scalp in order to use up all of the product. I appreciate the advice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file