recommend a "big hair" product please

I've been using Auro Hypoallergenic gel mixed with a tiny dab of Boots CC for the past several years and like it on my shorter hair. But I'm trying to grow my hair out (yes, again . . . It's down to the tops of my shoulders this time) and my hair is fine and thin and I want BIG wild curly hair but with decent definition and as little frizz as possible. I also want to avoid drying my hair out.

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    I found that using the natural soap bars (after being nopoo for six months) gives my hair more curl and incredible volume. They "freshen" it up.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    I find Paul Brown GOO gives lots of volume. I put my products in the way I normally do ... right now it is a leave-in, curl cream, gel ... I do my skip curl, clipping, scrunching routine .... and then I add the GOO.

Basically I add the GOO just before I start to diffuse it. I find it adds lots of volume.

I also need to both clip my hair and diffuse it to get volume. If I air dry, I am guaranteed to have a damp flat head for the day.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • DEL2CDEL2C Registered Users Posts: 6,418 Curl Neophyte
    If your hair can take it using the Denman particularly upside down can add TONS of volume and definition. (too much for me without the humidity so it's being shelfed) lots of curlies like the denman better than a comb.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file