Halloween Hair-Scare

Armed with several new products and dreams of fabulous curls, I embarked on a little hair experiment last night. I started with a DT using the L'Orealn Nutri Gloss conish. After rinsing, I applied ample CK, and some Angel, then I plopped in my micro-fiber towel. I waited about 15 minutes, then undid my plop, added a little bit more Angel, and then re-plopped in an old t-shirt. Then, I went to bed. I think that was my big mistake.

When I woke this morning, I undid the plop to find hair that should not be allowed to exist in nature. It was INSANE! Curly, yes, but frizzy, wild and unruly. It was quite a major scare to start my Halloween.

Needless to say, my hair is up today. Hope your Halloween hair isn't as hair-raising . . . (did I really just type that AWFUL pun . . . ?):evil5:
CG since 10/5/08
Faux Red-head since 1997 - recent henna head
3a/2b
CoWash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
Conditioners: L'Oreal Vivre Pro Nutrigloss
Winter Stylers: KCKT, KCCC, FOTE, BRHG, Boots
Summer products I'm missing: CK, re:Coil, Tweek
Techniques: single plop, pixiecurl diffuse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://public.fotki.com/aoedecmj/

Comments

• southrncurlssouthrncurls Registered Users Posts: 152
    In all the other threads I have read most people say you shouldn't go to sleep with wet hair. I did make that mistake once and I woke up with a mohawk.
    I too tried something new this morning with my hair so if it takes the 'fro road I can just say it's part of my halloween costume.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B
    Beginner CG.
    Currently using; MOP C-System Hydrating Conditioner (once a week), Aloeba Conditioner,CHS Curl Keeper, Jessicurl RR and CCSS, KBB Hair Milk (Sometimes)
    Hopelessly Devoted to: My diffuser
    Northern New Jersey by way of the South.

"In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Registered Users Posts: 4,049
    There is a bit of a following for sleeping in a plop overnight.

I noticed the hairtype you list in your siggie is the same as mine. I've only tried it once but it didn't work out because I flopped my way out of plop. It wouldn't have worked anyway though - I can't leave my hair in a plop for more than 10 min or I end up with bigtime frizz.

Sorry you had to put your hair up today. :(
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    There is a bit of a following for sleeping in a plop overnight.

I noticed the hairtype you list in your siggie is the same as mine. I've only tried it once but it didn't work out because I flopped my way out of plop. It wouldn't have worked anyway though - I can't leave my hair in a plop for more than 10 min or I end up with bigtime frizz.

Sorry you had to put your hair up today. :(

ditto to the plopping... it only works for me if I use it as a way to keep my hair out of my way while i get ready. Other than that, it really does nothing for me.

Some people really have good luck with plopping over night though *shrug* maybe try your same routine minus the overnight plop and see if your frizz is any better.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Registered Users Posts: 442
    I cannot plop overnight or even longer than 10 minutes, I too get tons of frizz. The one time I plopped overnight was frightening, although my DH had a good laugh!
    http://public.fotki.com/BrewCrewGrl/

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file