Aubrey Organics Treat'em Right Lip Balm+Other Lip Balms

ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
I finally broke down and bought a tube today.

$2.99 - Vanilla & Honey
beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, natural flavor, hemp seed oil, rosa mosqueta seed oil, vitamin E

Compared to Trader Joes Virtuoso, I prefer TJ. TJ has a better price, longer lasting and feels better on my lips.

At least the AO doesn't cause a rash on my lips so I will be able to finish the tube.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    I bought a tube of the same for hubby since he's a honey freak, but I didn't give it to him until I used it several times. :lol: It smells divine, but tastes bad.

I believe Kiss My Face or maybe it's one of the other organic brands Whole Foods stocks, but they too have a Vanilla Honey lip balm. I think it was cheaper than AO's.

I'm done with mint lip balms. I swear they've dried out my lips something awful.

P.S. - Did you get my PM(s)?
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    Yes, it doesn't taste too good...and after using for the past two days, my lips are irritated. Off to the product grave yard... I am not testing anymore lip balms.
    There's one that's nastier tasting than the AO. It's not organic/natural though. It's Hawaiian Tropic Aloe Vera SPF 45+ tropical flavor. :tongue6:

Sorry, make that two! Hubby gave me one he got in Iraq. BLECH It's Hawaiian island Creations SPF 30+.

Both of these smell awesome, but don't inhale through your mouth & definitely don't lick your lips or eat/drink anything while wearing them!
    So I'm going mineral oil/paraffin wax-free. No more nasties like the ones above! And I've found my next lavender flavor/scent organic balm, once I'm done with the two extremely similar ones I have.

I was at Whole Foods today & was looking at Badger brand. They have Lavender Blood Orange! :love5: The two that I have to finish before I buy another are Lavender Tea Tree (by Zims or Zums?) & Chicken Poop.

Wind,

Do you have a Whole Foods near you? I saw a few different brands of vanilla honey.
    No Wholefoods near me...
    Let me know how you like the Badgers.
    Oh I won't be buying that for a while since I have two other lavender balms to use up first. I have to get my product junkie ways curbed, ASAP! :confused3:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    lazy loops wrote: »
    So I'm going mineral oil/paraffin wax-free. No more nasties like the ones above! And I've found my next lavender flavor/scent organic balm, once I'm done with the two extremely similar ones I have.

I was at Whole Foods today & was looking at Badger brand. They have Lavender Blood Orange! :love5: The two that I have to finish before I buy another are Lavender Tea Tree (by Zims or Zums?) & Chicken Poop.

Wind,

Do you have a Whole Foods near you? I saw a few different brands of vanilla honey.

I love the Whole Foods Vanilla Honey lip balm. In fact reading this post made me go find it and put some on. Love it!

ETA - the Badger product is made in the town I grew up in. :)
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a wonderfully creamy Rosemary Mint lip balm from this company: http://www.bonafidesoap.com/bathbodyshop.html

They are in Albuquerque NM and I bought the lip balm when I lived there. The mint does not dry out my lips. Love the rosemary, wish they had lavender.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    xcptnl wrote: »

Wind,

I love the Whole Foods Vanilla Honey lip balm. In fact reading this post made me go find it and put some on. Love it!

ETA - the Badger product is made in the town I grew up in. :)

I saw that one. Does it have an after-taste?

That's cool ~ I'd have to get something made in my state. I support Salt City Candle with one in every room. ;)
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    I have a wonderfully creamy Rosemary Mint lip balm from this company: http://www.bonafidesoap.com/bathbodyshop.html

They are in Albuquerque NM and I bought the lip balm when I lived there. The mint does not dry out my lips. Love the rosemary, wish they had lavender.

I gave up the strong mint lip balms. I swear they were drying my lips. I much rather prefer the more subtle mints. If someone made a vanilla mint like Softlips, but which doesn't contain petroleum, etc., that'd be perfect.

Oh dang, they have a Honey Tangerine! I wouldn't use it if it were plain tangerine, but since it has honey, hmm. ;)
    OK, I am now the not so proud owner of a tin of Nature's Gate Orange Mint Chocolate lip balm. Why, why, why does it not have any flavor or scent?! :roll: That's just as bad to me as having a bad flavor or scent. SIGH
    I thought NO had scents and flavors...If I recall, I think tried an orange by them...

I bought a new one lip balm today from Target:
    Dr. Bronner's Magic All-One Organic Lip Balm in Lemon Lime. Very few ingredients: jojoba seed oil, avocado oil, hemp seed oil, lemon peel oil, lime oil and tocopherol.

I will update after I have used for a few days...
    Thank you, that's where I saw them! I couldn't remember & I wanted to tell you about it. Did you see they have a mint too?

The lemon lime is the one that intrigued me & I rarely go for citrus, berry or fruit flavors/scents unless it's mixed with a spice or vanilla.
    I did see the peppermint. Sometimes peppermint lip balm is too strong for me, so I went with the lemon/lime. The lemon/lime is very subtle.
    Yep. I'm staying away from Burt's Bees & similar.
    Wind,

Have you ever tried Lizard Lips? http://www.lizardlips.net/Products.aspx

What about Chap Stick 100% Naturals? They don't go on like wax & like Lizard Lips, they're petroleum-free. They contain all sorts of goodness. Hubby got them for me & I like them, even if there's no flavor I can tell.
    Wind,

What about Chap Stick 100% Naturals? They don't go on like wax & like Lizard Lips, they're petroleum-free. They contain all sorts of goodness. Hubby got them for me & I like them, even if there's no flavor I can tell.

Haven't tried Lizard Lips. Chap Stick 100%...a no go. I think it has lanolin, which irritates my lips...and maybe soy oil.

I am liking the Dr. Bronners...but Trader Joes is still my favorite.
    Windflower wrote: »
    Wind,

Haven't tried Lizard Lips. Chap Stick 100%...a no go. I think it has lanolin, which irritates my lips...and maybe soy oil.

I am liking the Dr. Bronners...but Trader Joes is still my favorite.

Then you probably wouldn't like Lizard Lips. :(
    Inactive ingredients: Aloe, Beeswax, Coconut Oil, Comfrey, Grape Seed Oil, Lanolin, Natural Flavor, Sage, Sal Butter, Shea Butter, Stevia, Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E.
    ETA: Chap Stick 100% Naturals Botanical Medley doesn't have soy or lanolin. This is the one in the light green tube. The one in the light purple tube (Lip Butter) contains Glycine Soja (Soybean) Lipids, but not lanolin.
    This is the most current labeling information, and may differ from labels on product packaging. If there are any differences between this website labeling and product package labeling, this website labeling should be regarded as the most current.

Ingredients Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Jojoba Esters, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Beeswax, Natural Flavors, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopherol

http://www.chapstick.com/natural/label_botanicalmedley.asp

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file