Finally tried KBB hair milk!!

egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 MichiganRegistered Users Posts: 607
Sooo i got the hair milk a couple days ago and tried it and so far so good! iv only tried it once...i just put some in as a leave in and thats it.....it seems to have a little bit better frizz control than shea moisture does for my hair.....and i loooooooooove the egyptian musk scent...lol egyptians love their musk....get it? :roll: anyways... so ill continue to post once i try it out more...i was also in a big hurry, but nevertheless i really liked it.....couple questions
how do most ppl use it? alone or with an activator? how many pumps for belly button length thick kinda course hair? i used 3 but i think i should have done 4...
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB :toothy10:
:farao:Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
    I love it! I use it as a leave in - I have thick hair. I leave in about 1-2 pumps then add some KC and either a creme or light gel, depending...
    enjoy!
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • egyptiancurls89egyptiancurls89 MichiganRegistered Users Posts: 607
    sooo i for sure love the kbb hair milk! :D im thinking its a HG for me....already!! :headbang: lol.....i use it alone or with a little bit of recoil and so far either way gives me really springy curls!! its funny coz after asking, i know kbb hair milk isnt a curl activator, but when i use it alone with no [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], i get the same tightness in my curls!! crazy :toothy10: so anyways thanks to everyone who told me about this product!!
    for sure feel like i dont care anymore that barely anyone responded to how good [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]ag recoil[/buylink] shampoo and conditioner are.....or any other products (im the type that when i find something that works i stick with it....FOREVER!! muahahahah lol)....because kbb shampoo...conditioner....hair milk and recoil are amazingly perfect for my hair! iv always loved recoil but i had a love/hate thing going on with it, and sheamoisture leave in made it a bit better....but with kbb products....especially the hair milk....i just fell in :love4: with my hair!!! anyways....just thought id let you know, lol
  • mumofcurlygirlmumofcurlygirl Registered Users Posts: 472
    Hi egyptiancurls89
    So glad you like the KBB milk :iconbiggrin:
    I use it on my daughters fine curly hair and its definatly the best product ever I use it as a rinse out and leave it it makes her hair curlier and softer yay!!!
    I also love the Nectar I use that in between washes as a curl activator and styler :thumright:
    Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

http://public.fotki.com/angel6901/
    Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!! :love7::
  • Nectar1269Nectar1269 Registered Users Posts: 40
    Hi egyptiancurls89
    I use it on my daughters fine curly hair and its definatly the best product ever I use it as a rinse out and leave it it makes her hair curlier and softer yay!!!
    I also love the Nectar I use that in between washes as a curl activator and styler :thumright:

Do you pay the shipping charges for KBB from the US? Or is there somewhere in the UK where you can get it?
    UK CG since: 1 October 2008
    Hair type: 3A/3B
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
    'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince
  • swirldropsswirldrops Registered Users Posts: 152
    Oooo you guys are making me want to try!!! Are the KBB hair milk and the nectar protein free?
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
  • Katina128Katina128 Registered Users Posts: 560
    I just got my KBB stuff today. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow!! I hope it gives my hair more curl.
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
  • kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    Im having trouble with the KBB milk-how much do you think I should use- I am getting ringlets underneath but stringy and a little greasy on top, and Im not using much, about the amount of a 50 pence piece. Also is it best to use on its own? I often use a couple of conditioners on my hair, would it be best to rinse this out and follow with another conditioner leave in or the other way round?
    i use it alone or with recoil, but if its too greasy for you, you might wanna try the nectar coz its lighter!!
    Nectar1269 wrote: »
    Hi egyptiancurls89

Do you pay the shipping charges for KBB from the US? Or is there somewhere in the UK where you can get it?

I get my KBB from the US shipping is really reasonable :thumright: I got 2 large milks and a nectar (buy 2 get one free) and shipping was only $20 (about £10 which I think is great :compress:
    What I did was email KBB with my postcode and they will give you an acurate price for shipping

When my large order arrives I could send you a sample??

Kat180- are you liking the milk? once I get my nectar I'll send you a sample hun :compress:

Password; curlygirl

• Katina128Katina128 Registered Users Posts: 560
    I used it today and seem to like it so far. It's hard to tell with only 1 use, but it wasn't a disaster, so I'll see what the next few days hold with it. I used it with HE BE gel and LOOB over top. I used the milk first, and then added a tiny bit more nectar to just the ends.
    Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
    My Faves:
    CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
    Ah bless you- I'd love to try a sample of the nectar! What would I do for samples without you! :mrgreen:

Juries still out on the milk- Im getting nice ringlets but little greasy for my liking-Im gonna mix it up what I use it with and the amount and see what happens-apparently the nectar is lighter? I dont find the smell strong at all, in fact I hardly notice it, but I can smell the Jessicurl mixed in with it too.
  • MintMint Registered Users Posts: 1,143 Curl Neophyte
    How well do the two products (KBB hair milk and hair nectar) detangle? :)
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe MNRegistered Users Posts: 1,574 Curl Neophyte
    Mint wrote: »

They detangle VERY well for me, and you know how snarly my hair gets, especially when it's wet!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

They detangle VERY well for me, and you know how snarly my hair gets, especially when it's wet!

Cool, thank you! I'm having a hard time finding something that keeps my hair tangle-free after it dries (besides my rinse-out condish that isn't meant to be left in).
    Actually, I have another question... :tongue5:

How does the KBB hair milk compare to AO Honeysuckle Rose condish in terms of thickness/greasiness? AOHR was just right for me in terms of heaviness even when I used a little as a leave-in with no gel. AO White Camellia, however, always made my hair greasy no matter how well I rinsed it out; even with no leave-in.
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    The AOHR is much creamier in texture. I've only tried the hair milk a couple of times - once as a rinse out, once as a leave-in. (I'm experimenting with Recoil and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] this week.) But the hair milk seemed lighter than AOHR, which I use from time to time when my hair seems dry.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • dulciandulcian SF Bay AreaRegistered Users Posts: 73

Interesting! I'd love to hear more about your techniques for using the nectar between washes. It's been working great as a leave-in for me, so I'd be curious to try it on dry hair as well.
    Hair Journal. 2b/3a, Mii, never colored, rarely heat-styled. CG since 27-Mar-08. Current favorite routine: Aloeba (co-wash), AOHR (rinse-out), KCKT mixed with AVG (leave-in), KCCC, BRHG, overnight plop, scrunch crunch with Nourish & Shine.
    dulcian wrote: »

Interesting! I'd love to hear more about your techniques for using the nectar between washes. It's been working great as a leave-in for me, so I'd be curious to try it on dry hair as well.

Hi dulcian :) Well... I use it on my daughters hair when I tie it up in a ponytail for school it keeps her hair neat and the frizzies at bay!!, I just rub a tiny amound between my hands and smooth it on,
    When I use it as a curl activator I actually spray her hair with a little bit of water and then smooth the nectar her hair and then scrunch the ends :thumright:

Kat1980: The KBB milk smells very similar to Jessicurl just a lot stronger I rinsed the JC bottle out reeeeaaalllly well but you may still smell it??,
    I'll let you know when my KBB order arrives and I'll send you a sample of nectar :smile:

Password; curlygirl

• dulciandulcian SF Bay AreaRegistered Users Posts: 73
    Hi dulcian :) Well... I use it on my daughters hair when I tie it up in a ponytail for school it keeps her hair neat and the frizzies at bay!!, I just rub a tiny amound between my hands and smooth it on,
    When I use it as a curl activator I actually spray her hair with a little bit of water and then smooth the nectar her hair and then scrunch the ends :thumright:

Makes sense to me. :-) Your daughter is a cutie-pie, and very lucky to have such a knowledgeable mom!
    Hair Journal. 2b/3a, Mii, never colored, rarely heat-styled. CG since 27-Mar-08. Current favorite routine: Aloeba (co-wash), AOHR (rinse-out), KCKT mixed with AVG (leave-in), KCCC, BRHG, overnight plop, scrunch crunch with Nourish & Shine.
    I have one last question before I try any KBB product... :study: Can the vegetable wax be washed out with a sulfate or cocamidopropyl betaine shampoo? TIA!
  • KynnibKynnib Registered Users Posts: 999
    I have one last question before I try any KBB product... :study: Can the vegetable wax be washed out with a sulfate or cocamidopropyl betaine shampoo? TIA!

yes. CO washes will wash it out too. It doesnt build up
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
    Kynnib wrote: »

yes. CO washes will wash it out too. It doesnt build up

Squee! Now there's nothing holding me back. Thank you! :toothy7:
    Well my hair really doesn't like KBB hair milk. It makes my hair dry, tangly and really fluffy. Its like it isn't moisturizing enough for me but if use more to try and combat the fluffiness I get greasy hair. Am I the only one whose found KBB doesn't work? Im surprised because my hair loves natural products. I now have a bottle to try and swap/sell.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    kat180 wrote: »
    Well my hair really doesn't like KBB hair milk. It makes my hair dry, tangly and really fluffy. Its like it isn't moisturizing enough for me but if use more to try and combat the fluffiness I get greasy hair. Am I the only one whose found KBB doesn't work? Im surprised because my hair loves natural products. I now have a bottle to try and swap/sell.

My hair reacts like this to too many oils. I've tried the Milk as a rinse-out since it seems to be working well that way for so many others, but it also leaves my hair very tangly. It works better for me as a leave-in, although I can't use it that way very often or with other products that have oil. The Nectar works better as a leave-in for me - less oil. Have you tried it?
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No I haven't tried a sample of the nectar- KBB is awkward to get hold of here so I suppose its a gd thing lol! Its funny I am having the same issues of Oyin Honeyhemp conditioner- does this one also have a lot of oils in it? My hair does love the shea M leave in conditioner-so maybe it prefers butters to oil or something. I dont know.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    No I haven't tried a sample of the nectar- KBB is awkward to get hold of here so I suppose its a gd thing lol! Its funny I am having the same issues of Oyin Honeyhemp conditioner- does this one also have a lot of oils in it? My hair does love the shea M leave in conditioner-so maybe it prefers butters to oil or something. I dont know.

The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Oyin-Honey-Hemp-Conditioner-p-860.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=oyin-honey-hemp-conditioner]Oyin Honey Hemp[/buylink] co does have coconut oil and hemp oil, but it looks like they're in the middle of the ingredient list, so I don't know how much is in there. I've never tried this conditioner, so I don't know if my hair would react the same way to this one or not.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • memesmemes Registered Users Posts: 785
    My hair didn't love the KBB samples either....I do like the butter used very, very lightly as a scrunching agent on dry hair but I rarely need it. I didn't really like the nectar or milk much..it made my hair feel limp even when used sparingly.

M
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • SnoWhiteSnoWhite Registered Users Posts: 91 Curl Connoisseur
    The first time i used the KBB Hair milk as a rinse out it was great. Now my hair is tangly and super dry feeling that i cant use it that way. You're not alone.
    Amy
    Houston, TX
    shoulder length fine 3b/c curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file