Ohm Body Crown of Glory Hair Custard

kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
The same curly (aka Sairis) who knew I was looking for natural curl creams suggested Ohm when she suggested Donna Marie. I looked at the products and thought I saw castor oil in everything. One of those nice Canadian pj's (FBG) pointed out that the Ohm Body Crown of Glory Hair Custard

Ingredients: Love, Patience and Natural Beauty. Organic Avocado Oil, Olive Oil, Candelila wax, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (and) Achillea millefolium (Yarrow) Leaf Extract (and) Salvia officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (and) Equisetum arvense) Horsetail Extract (and) Utica dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract (and) Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract. Rosemary-Preservative and Fragrance Blend.

doesn't have castor oil. Anybody every use this? Know anything about it? A 2oz sample was $11 at sistasplace--so I was hesitant to commit without some support.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• empressriempressri Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    kathymack, are you TRYING to make me spend my check all in once place?!?!?!

that's it, im coming over to your house to fuss you out!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    empressri wrote: »

I, too, bow to the queen. You've been doing this a lot longer than I have. I never used a styling product before 8/07--I've come a long way. Sairis is the one who suggested it, but don't the ingredients look good? I'm really liking my Donna Marie products--you also need to check out the Lock and Twist Pudding--it's special. The Coco Curl Butter is nice, too. We need to find someone who can tell us about this, LOL.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misspammisspam Registered Users Posts: 5,318
    kathymack wrote: »
    empressri wrote: »

I, too, bow to the queen. You've been doing this a lot longer than I have. I never used a styling product before 8/07--I've come a long way. Sairis is the one who suggested it, but don't the ingredients look good? I'm really liking my Donna Marie products--you also need to check out the Lock and Twist Pudding--it's special. The Coco Curl Butter is nice, too. We need to find someone who can tell us about this, LOL.

I must say, the both of you ought to be fussed out, whatever that means. LOL What does that mean???? I cannot buy another product. Except for trying kathymack's natural soap bars. :toothy10:

The only ingredient in the Ohm Custard that concerns me is the wax. What do you ladies think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's a vegetable wax, a lot of products have those and they don't build up--at least for me.

Candelilla wax is a wax derived from the leaves of the small Candelilla shrub native to northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, Euphorbia cerifera and Euphorbia antisyphilitica, from the family Euphorbiaceae. It is yellowish-brown, hard, brittle and opaque to translucent.

I don't even have a problem with beeswax now that I'm using the bars. I use the soap bars every three days. If I use the product I have with beeswax, I do it the night before.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    Bumping !!

This was yet another line I was interested in spending my money on !!! I am surprised that there haven't been comments on it one way or the other, given how good the ingredients look.

I tried searching the board and you can't do it with 3 letters ... and if you search OHM* ... you get a million OHMG's. :banghead:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • SariaSaria New YorkRegistered Users Posts: 15,963
    Yes, empressri, spend it . . . spend it . . . heehee!:twisted:
    FrizzBgone, I looked it up through yahoo a while ago, and nobody here seems to have tried it.
    It seems like a really good line and being the natural products pj that I am, sooner or later I'll convince myself that it would be perfectly logical and necessary to try it.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    I actually ordered 2 items from them, but there was a problem with the order going through. The payment was deducted from my account (paypal), but I got this message saying that the totals didn't match. I have never seen that before.

When I logged back into the website, my items were still "in my cart" and the order didn't show in my order history. I sent an e-mail to them. They responded quickly saying that there was some kind of problem that the payment had gone through, but they didn't know what I had ordered. I told her my items, but haven't heard back from them since ... mind you it was only yesterday morning. I sent her another message this evening asking for her to explain what was happening. Essentially, I've paid for the items ... that they say they can't see?????

I'll post what happens. Because I got such a quick response, I'm hoping that everything will work out.
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    Which site did you use? I think I will at some point (when I'm done trying all the other stuff coming my way) give the sweet hair pudding a try. Maybe the castor oil can work for me.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I actually ordered 2 items from them, but there was a problem with the order going through. The payment was deducted from my account (paypal), but I got this message saying that the totals didn't match. I have never seen that before.

When I logged back into the website, my items were still "in my cart" and the order didn't show in my order history. I sent an e-mail to them. They responded quickly saying that there was some kind of problem that the payment had gone through, but they didn't know what I had ordered. I told her my items, but haven't heard back from them since ... mind you it was only yesterday morning. I sent her another message this evening asking for her to explain what was happening. Essentially, I've paid for the items ... that they say they can't see?????

I'll post what happens. Because I got such a quick response, I'm hoping that everything will work out.

I just knew that if anyone was going to sacrifice themselves and their hair for the common good, it would be you FBG. What did you order?? That they can't see?? I had that happen last week with soap--it was a glitch with PayPal. Please keep us updated.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I may have evolved to the next phase of PJ'ism - looking but not clicking/buying. I read about this and got excited, and saw the price of the sample (sticker shock); and thought about going to sistasplace.biz. (which I may do anyway)

And did nothing. Same thing with the Donna Marie thread (which was reeeeally tempting). I'm getting my hits from reading the threat and your reviews. I think even my PJ recognizes that my closet is full and that I have good products.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Checking on the ingredients again, and the two sites (afrokinks and sistasplace) have vastly different ingredient lists for the sweet hair pudding!
    Okay, found the official site! No castor oil in the hair pudding . . .
    I think I will still contact them to confirm, since the ingredient list they have seems incomplete (there are typos).
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Sairis wrote: »
    Checking on the ingredients again, and the two sites (afrokinks and sistasplace) have vastly different ingredient lists for the sweet hair pudding!
    Okay, found the official site! No castor oil in the hair pudding . . .
    I think I will still contact them to confirm, since the ingredient list they have seems incomplete (there are typos).

I thought I saw castor oil when I looked. At sistas place, the pudding has castor oil but the custard doesn't. Could that be it?
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I 'ordered' the hair pudding and the aloe gel. I suspect it was a glitch with Paypal. The owner of the company, Nicha Douglas, did respond initially and say that she thought it was a problem with Paypal, but I never heard back yesterday. I've now sent an e-mail to Paypal.

Afrokinks also sells OHM products. When I looked at their website, they were out of stock ... but it has now been replenished. I wish I had just ordered from them :cwm21: They just received the items from OHM, so they should be fresh ...
    http://www.afrokinks.com/ohmbody.html

According to the above website, there doesn't appear to be any castor oil in the product either
    Ingredients:
    Tenderness, Harmony, Love, Aloe Vera Juice, Aloe Vera Ge, Distilled Waterm, Horsetail, Vitamin E, Nettle, Plantain Leaf, Gingko, Sage, Emulsifying Wax, Pectin ( Natural Thickener from Fruits),

Kathymack when it happened with your soap order, how was the problem rectified and how long did it take and what did they do? It makes me nervous when the money is already gone from my account.
    No, everything is the same on afrokinks and sistasplace except for the sweet hair pudding. Then they're not even close. The official Ohm site has the same ingredient list as afrokinks, but as you can see with FrizzBgone's post, it's typo-ridden, plus the fact that the product description makes mention of honey, yet it's nowhere to be found on that ingredient list.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Kathymack when it happened with your soap order, how was the problem rectified and how long did it take and what did they do? It makes me nervous when the money is already gone from my account. [/FONT]

When I got my order email, it said the order didn't go through. I emailed the company, because the money had been deducted from my PayPal account. They emailed back within minutes, said it was some kind of "glitch" with PayPal and all was well. My order was revised to whatever word they use to say it's fine. I think things like this depend on the company.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tell you what, kathymack, since you tried out Donna Marie, I'm just going to stop pretending that I can resist trying this stuff and I'll order the sweet hair pudding and the custard and if the pudding is castor oil-free, I'll pass them both on to you. :)
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Tell you what, kathymack, since you tried out Donna Marie, I'm just going to stop pretending that I can resist trying this stuff and I'll order the sweet hair pudding and the custard and if the pudding is castor oil-free, I'll pass them both on to you. :)

Thanks! Everyone else might kill me for say this, why don't you wait until you try your Donna Marie? If you like it, it's much cheaper. FBG is sacrificing herself, we can get a review and then you can decide to spend your money. I'll be happy for a sample, when and if you do get it.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Haha, I just know curiosity will get the better of me even if I end up loving the Donna Marie (and I suspect that Lock and Twist is right up my alley since it looks to be better than JC's Twist and Lock).
    But if FBG ever gets her order sorted out, I will wait to get a review.
    I have to wait a bit anyway since WSP is coming my way (I ordered right when they were doing some sorting out, so it took a week just for my order to process), but the PJ is impatient!
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
    Haha, I just know curiosity will get the better of me even if I end up loving the Donna Marie (and I suspect that Lock and Twist is right up my alley since it looks to be better than JC's Twist and Lock).
    But if FBG ever gets her order sorted out, I will wait to get a review.
    I have to wait a bit anyway since WSP is coming my way (I ordered right when they were doing some sorting out, so it took a week just for my order to process), but the PJ is impatient!
    My order has been sorted out ... so I will gladly do a review when I finally get it ... but it'll take patience my little curlies!! It normally takes about 2 weeks for the products to get to me. The odd time I'll be surprised with a week and a half.

I am very impressed with the customer service from OHM. She e-mailed me back and said that there was a definite glitch with Paypal. The reason I had gotten the weird message about my totals not matching was because Paypal never charged me for the shipping. She told me that my products are packaged and ready to go and they are waiving the shipping, because of the inconvenience of the whole thing.

I'll definitely post a review on the product but I can already attest to great customer service. I should add that what I ordered was the Sweet Hair Pudding and the Aloe Gel. I never ordered the Custard.
  • CurlygoddessCurlygoddess Registered Users Posts: 287
    No, everything is the same on afrokinks and sistasplace except for the sweet hair pudding. Then they're not even close. The official Ohm site has the same ingredient list as afrokinks, but as you can see with FrizzBgone's post, it's typo-ridden, plus the fact that the product description makes mention of honey, yet it's nowhere to be found on that ingredient list.

yeah something is suspect about the site

http://www.goingohm.com/product/7bf4adfa-3d8c-450e-abd7-08dfd4506884.aspx

Utilizing the humectant properties of Honey, Sweet Hair Pudding will give weight to your hair, define your curls, remove frizz, provide long lasting hold and shine without ever being greasy, crunchy or drying to your hair.

and from Kinky curly website

http://www.kinky-curly.com/CURLINGCUSTARD.html

Utilizing the humectant properties of the Agave Nectar, CURLING CUSTARD TM will give weight to your hair, define your curls, remove frizz,provide long lasting hold and shine without ever being greasy, crunchy or drying to your hair.

homegirl did a straight cut and paste from the kinky curly website!!!

folks are just bold these days

At least she held back a little on the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink] cut and paste action:
    Sweet Hair pudding
    A light blend for your curls, kinks and waves without crunch! This Sweet Hair Pudding was specifically formulated to define, moisturize and elongate your curls for soft, maximum curl definition.

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Miss-Jessies-Curly-Pudding-p-578.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=miss-jessies-curly-pudding]Curly Pudding[/buylink]
    A splendid emulsion for your curls, kinks and waves without crunch! This curl creme was specifically formulated to stretch out and elongate your curls for soft, maximum curl definition.
    Thick coarse 4b hair. Holy Grail: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Trying to grow it to bra strap length. Currently collar bone length.
  • breezybabybreezybaby Registered Users Posts: 347
    yes, "bold" is the right word to use
    dang....that doesn't make the owner look too bright
    :read2:
    3a/3b/3c hair all on one head :thumright:

public.fotki.com/breezybaby
    youtube.com/joyfulbree

Staples (used in many ways):
    Coconut milk
    Castor oil
    Coconut oil
    Honey
    Shea butter
  • CurlygoddessCurlygoddess Registered Users Posts: 287
    breezybaby wrote: »
    yes, "bold" is the right word to use
    dang....that doesn't make the owner look too bright
    :read2:

but yet she claims to have DIVINE WISDOM in her products ...where was it when she was writing up the website?
    I guess it forgot to tell her about copyrights.
    Thick coarse 4b hair. Holy Grail: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Trying to grow it to bra strap length. Currently collar bone length.
    Problems with the labelling aside, I love her products ... The SHP is amazing and the Aloe gel is the only natural gel that has ever had enough hold for me.

The customer service was really impressive as well ... from a consumer's point of view .... I was very impressed with both the owner and her products and will definitely repurchase.
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Central FloridaRegistered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    Problems with the labelling aside, I love her products ... The SHP is amazing and the Aloe gel is the only natural gel that has ever had enough hold for me.

The customer service was really impressive as well ... from a consumer's point of view .... I was very impressed with both the owner and her products and will definitely repurchase.
    That's great to know, FBG. Thanks for your input. So...not to guano, but, well yes, to guano, does the aloe gel have better or lighter hold than the Max Green Alchemy Sculpting Gel? I think you had used that before...? And I guess I need to check out the site to see what the difference in performance/usage is for the SHP vs. the custard...Just preparing for when the day comes that my cream and gel shelves are bare...:)

That's great to know, FBG. Thanks for your input. So...not to guano, but, well yes, to guano, does the aloe gel have better or lighter hold than the Max Green Alchemy Sculpting Gel? I think you had used that before...? And I guess I need to check out the site to see what the difference in performance/usage is for the SHP vs. the custard...Just preparing for when the day comes that my cream and gel shelves are bare...:)
    I do use the MGA gels. I'd say the Aloe Gel holds as well as the Sculpting Gel and is stronger than the MGA Styling Gel (Pump bottle). I find it comparable to Mop Top. I was really surprised by it. I don't need a strong hold gel in the winter; BRHG would be way too much for me right now. If you're someone who likes the BRHG type of hold all year around then I don't think you would find it enough.

I'm not sure about the custard. I was anxious for someone to do a review on that one. When I looked at the website, I thought it might be something like a cream or a butter .... but I'm really not sure. If I remember correctly, it talked about being great for moisture. The reason I didn't order it at the time was because I thought it might be meant for more 4a type hair.

If anyone has tried it, please let us know !!!
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    I KNOW this is a really ancient thread by internet standards, but I found it via search, so maybe this will be useful to someone:

I just ordered the avocado hair custard from Aziza, it was 9 dollars for members because they had some kind storage accident ruin the label, but we know by now you don't necessarily apply the product the way the labels say to, and the ingredients are online, so I didn't care.

And there's a 15% off your total order (no exceptions), the code is OOPS.

I'll let you all know how it turns out.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Central FloridaRegistered Users Posts: 1,834 Curl Connoisseur
    I got this email, too! I just may order, but I don't think it will work in the summer...

eta: ok, so I ordered this, DM aloe jelly, a scrub and more...I love Aziza and hate Aziza at the same time...
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    I love Aziza and hate it the same way I hate chocolate. Bad, yet so goooood.

Ok, CGF, I'm glad you ordered it too, we can support each other in our time of need : )
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • curlygirl18curlygirl18 Registered Users Posts: 355
    Is this (avocado hair custard) supposed to be similiar to JC N&S? I am still a little clueless, clearly, but it kind of seems the same??? Am I wrong?
    Condish Faves: GVP Condish Balm, GDLI, GTTTT
    HG Stylers as of NOW: DMCCB, CJ CCCC, Boots, Re:Coil, SMU, BRHG
    ABSOLUTE FAVES: KCP, CJ AF
    Is this (avocado hair custard) supposed to be similiar to JC N&S? I am still a little clueless, clearly, but it kind of seems the same??? Am I wrong?

It's the same type of product, but my hair likes it MUCH better then the JC N & S. The first time I used it, I thought it might be too much. I got busy doing something and before I knew it, my hair just soaked it up. The JC N & S just sits on my hair making it limp and greasy.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file