Poll: What should I do with my hair??

I've been flip-flopping between dying, cutting and Coppola Keratin treatment (-ing) my hair this month. Lately no product has been working, and I've found myself gazing longingly at my flat iron. I don't mind spending the money, so thats not really a factor, so I'd like to hear from other curlies.

My biggest problems with my hair are 1) the color (I know, easily fixed) 2) the drying time 3) its uneven 4) Its still considerably pyramid-esque, and 5) product usage is hit or miss, sometimes I think [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] is my HG, sometimes I think its the devil... I don't necessarily want the CKT for constant straightening, I'm just hoping it'll loosen my 3b/c to 3a/b curls... Also, in terms of dying, I don't want just one flat color, I want "dimension" maybe even some highlights (which, paired with a cut, would ultimately cost the same as the CKT)...

I'd really like others' input, because I really don't know what to do at this point, nothing I try seems to be working.

Pics of my hair are on my fotki.
3b/c/f/ii
Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    What does the keratin treatment do?
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    It kinda relaxes the hair, but only about 15-25% and it shortens drying/blow drying time. Its not like a regular relaxer though, it'll wash out after a few months, rather than growing out.
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really think your hair could be beautiful with not too much effort. How about a good haircut and making a concerted effort to moisturize more? Your hair looks like it needs moisture. I think that would be a great start. The rest could fall in line from there.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm open to nearly anything short of cutting my hair short/going into NYC for a cut, although I'm flexible on the latter. My only issue is I just feel that my curls are too tight for my tastes. I tell myself all the time, if my curls were a hair (lol) looser, I'd be so happy, hence the idea for the CKT.

In terms of moisture, I've been putting off getting KBB, but I think its about time, especially since they're within reasonable driving distance from my home.
    3b/c/f/ii

Fotki:

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think there are incredible stylists to go to everywhere. You just need someone who knows hair to give you a good cut. I think if you get enough cut so that your hair is healthy and "fresh" you'll end up being happier. The KBB is an incredible product line. Since I started using 1-4 products everyday the first week in August, I haven't had to do a weekly DT. I think those two things will make a remarkable difference. If your curls are soft and bouncy you may appreciate them more.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Generally my hair is really soft... even the damaged ends aren't as strawlike as you'd expect, but like I said my ultimate goal is looser curls. Not necessarily waves, but (like I mentioned previously) 3a curls=love, if I could find a sure fire way to get to that point, I'd do it. I feel like extra moisture would just tighten my curls more.
    3b/c/f/ii

Fotki:

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    I really think your hair could be beautiful with not too much effort. How about a good haircut and making a concerted effort to moisturize more? Your hair looks like it needs moisture. I think that would be a great start. The rest could fall in line from there.

I agree with this.

And remember- the grass is always greener. I can only wish I could get my hair to curl as tightly as yours!!!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file