Palin already talking about running in 2012

ScrappyTamScrappyTam Registered Users Posts: 470
So, now Palin thinks she's presidential material. She told ABC news that earlier today when she said she was looking forward to 2012 if they lose on Tues. She basically said she wasn't doing this for nothing.

Here's the link that has the cnn video: http://www.americablog.com/2008/10/palin-already-talking-about-2012.html
I almost threw my ovaries at him. - Trenell

Comments

• lacunaCoilslacunaCoils Registered Users Posts: 489
    NOOOOOO! :thumbdown:
    2b/2c Henndigo curls
    Currently using: Deva low-poo and OC, KCKT/KCCC, JCCC, & BRHG. + Curlease towel :)
    Also have had success with: CK, FSG, KBB, AOHR, Nature's Gate Conditioner.

pw: curlygirl

peacelove.jpg
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    As God-awful as it sounds, I can only hope she is on the losing end in a fight with a polar bear.

Really though, she'd have to do too much public speaking and question answering if she were the main billing. Can she really get a clue in the next four years.

There are Republican women I'd vote for. She would never be one of them.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think she can ever recover from all the dumb she showed us on national television...but stranger things have happened. I'm rooting for the polar bears too...
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    As God-awful as it sounds, I can only hope she is on the losing end in a fight with a polar bear.

Really though, she'd have to do too much public speaking and question answering if she were the main billing. Can she really get a clue in the next four years.

Completely agree!
    I don't think she can ever recover from all the dumb she showed us on national television...but stranger things have happened. I'm rooting for the polar bears too...
    I'm afraid not everyone sees the dumb. Some folks still think she's just great, gosh darn it!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Registered Users Posts: 5,766 Curl Connoisseur
    That woman is out of her ever-lovin mind.

She's got visions of sugar plums dancing in her head.

sugarplum.jpg

for real.
  • eche428eche428 Registered Users Posts: 2,782 Curl Connoisseur
    Poodlehead wrote: »

Completely agree!

I agree too. Instead of the Polar Bear though, how about if we wait and let Hillary have at her! :occasion9:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904

Completely agree!

I agree too. Instead of the Polar Bear though, how about if we wait and let Hillary have at her! :occasion9:

That's what I was thinking. Hillary would stomp that woman into the ground.
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur

Completely agree!
    I'm afraid not everyone sees the dumb. Some folks still think she's just great, gosh darn it!

That is so true. I wish someone who thinks she is a good choice to give me their reasons - maybe I am just not seeing it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    I don't know if Palin would be able to get past her husband being a member of that secessionist group, Alaska Independence Party. The Obama campaign didn't make a big deal out of it, because they want to keep the attention on McCain, but if Palin were running for top job, I think that little association would be pounded relentlessly by her opponants. I don't think she'd get past the primaries, especially since she was probably a member also.
  • ScrappyTamScrappyTam Registered Users Posts: 470
    What's even sadder is the way she talked about it. Well, I can't really say "talked". Its more of her "word salad"...

(from an AP article)
    In an interview Wednesday with ABC News, the Alaska governor said she believed she and John McCain would win next Tuesday's election but indicated she wouldn't disappear from the national political scene if they lose.
    "Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doing this for naught," Palin said, according to excerpts released by the television network.

How can you have a journalism degree and NOT be able to express a complete thought?:sad3:

I don't know if Palin would be able to get past her husband being a member of that secessionist group, Alaska Independence Party. The Obama campaign didn't make a big deal out of it, because they want to keep the attention on McCain, but if Palin were running for top job, I think that little association would be pounded relentlessly by her opponants. I don't think she'd get past the primaries, especially since she was probably a member also.

I totally agree with this. As I mentioned in an older thread, there are things that she has said and done that really lead me to believe that she was(is?) a member. I truly believe she is a VERY ambitious woman and wants to go into the history books. At first as governor of a state that seceded(sp?) where she might be the "president" of that state. But then saw where she had the chance to be the first female in the white house. Which would be an even bigger coup.

ScrappyTam wrote: »
    What's even sadder is the way she talked about it. Well, I can't really say "talked". Its more of her "word salad"...

(from an AP article)
    In an interview Wednesday with ABC News, the Alaska governor said she believed she and John McCain would win next Tuesday's election but indicated she wouldn't disappear from the national political scene if they lose.
    "Absolutely not. I think that, if I were to give up and wave a white flag of surrender against some of the political shots that we've taken, that ... that would ... bring this whole ... I'm not doing this for naught," Palin said, according to excerpts released by the television network.

How can you have a journalism degree and NOT be able to express a complete thought?:sad3:

And it wasn't even that big of a thought. :-?

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • CottonCandyCurlsCottonCandyCurls Registered Users Posts: 344
    I don't see how this is surprising. She's been considered as a potential Republican candidate for sometime now.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I don't see how this is surprising. She's been considered as a potential Republican candidate for sometime now.

And by "some time" you mean the last 6 weeks she's been on the national scene, eh?
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • Skram1113Skram1113 Registered Users Posts: 365

A wolf would do more karmic justice.
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
    http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
    pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner

And by "some time" you mean the last 6 weeks she's been on the national scene, eh?

No I mean when she was Mayor of Wasilla. People have been talking about her in Republican inner circles for a long while. But because she was not on the DNC or MSM radar, she's a new commodity. It's kind of like when a cool new band is "discovered" even though they have been playing for 10 years. Just because you just learned about the woman does not mean she and others can't have bigger ambitions for her.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte

No I mean when she was Mayor of Wasilla. People have been talking about her in Republican inner circles for a long while. But because she was not on the DNC or MSM radar, she's a new commodity. It's kind of like when a cool new band is "discovered" even though they have been playing for 10 years. Just because you just learned about the woman does not mean she and others can't have bigger ambitions for her.

god help us all.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    In retrospect, a good thing I can say about Dan Quayle: at least he wasn't ambitious.
    gemini wrote: »
    In retrospect, a good thing I can say about Dan Quayle: at least he wasn't ambitious.

Haha!

Hmmmm...if that was the case, then why was Todd Palin a membr of the AIP from 1995 to 2002? You would think those who had larger ambitions for her would have let her in on the secret that Americans don't really like secesssionists all that much.

My guess is that her ambitions included being Queen of Alaska when they broke off.
  • starinastarina Registered Users Posts: 665 Curl Neophyte
    FieryCurls wrote: »
    Completely agree!

Wouldn't you just love to hear Hillary's opinion of Palin? I can imagine what she must be thinking.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    starina wrote: »

Wouldn't you just love to hear Hillary's opinion of Palin? I can imagine what she must be thinking.

I'd love to hear what she really thinks of Palin. What she would say would probably be somewhat couched from what her mind is cranking out.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,904
    starina wrote: »

I'd love to hear what she really thinks of Palin. What she would say would probably be somewhat couched from what her mind is cranking out.

I don't think she would ever say everything that she truly thinks, but I would certainly love to be a fly on the wall with her and Bill!!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    Isn't it unwise to say that she wants to try out for president in 2012? I know someone asked her...but usually politicians avoid answering the question and just say something like "I'm only interested in being the best Vice President and winning this election" or something like that. A lot can happen in four years and no one is going to say "you said you were only interested in being VP." She didn't have to say that she wants to try out for president if they lose. Where's the optimism?
    I would be angry if I were McCain...but that's what he gets for picking her without getting to know her first.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Registered Users Posts: 4,940 Curl Neophyte
    And God helps us all if she were to become president.

I agree...there are other female republicans out there that I would vote for. Hutchison comes to mind.

If McCain wins, here's hoping he gets the best health care out there!!!
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
    Boomygrrl wrote: »
    Isn't it unwise to say that she wants to try out for president in 2012? I know someone asked her...but usually politicians avoid answering the question and just say something like "I'm only interested in being the best Vice President and winning this election" or something like that. A lot can happen in four years and no one is going to say "you said you were only interested in being VP." She didn't have to say that she wants to try out for president if they lose. Where's the optimism?
    I would be angry if I were McCain...but that's what he gets for picking her without getting to know her first.

Exactly! When a spokesperson for the McCain camp was told about this, he was speechless....literally. Wolf Blitzen even said something to that effect on CNN when he was reporting it.

• TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Registered Users Posts: 671
    I don't know about this.

Just for an example, my in-laws are Republicans who have never voted otherwise in their lives (they are secular Republicans.)

After Palin was nominated, they decided to vote for Obama.

My so's old grandmother who is an old racist but still a Democrat was going to vote McCain because Obama's black.

After Palin was nominated, she is voting for Obama.

My so said, "McCain is not going to win. He can't even get Republicans or racists to vote for him!"

PS--I am not going to argue about the grandmother being racist. Of course I think she's an idiot. I am only using it as an example.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    Just imagine: Sarah Palin for President with Joe the Plumber as her Vice President!
    Just imagine: Sarah Palin for President with Joe the Plumber as her Vice President!

And Todd Palin as the secret Czar.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file