HairOne/Big Mistake

lexi1lexi1 Posts: 123Registered Users
:sad11:So I broke down and decided to buy the Hair One cleanser. I couldn't wait to try it!! I followed the directions on the bottle (give or take a pump or two). I am so disappointed. I used the Jojoba, and my hair hates it. It did come out soft, but it is extremly dry and somewhat tangled. My hair looks a mess. My hair barely has curls in it now( I am a 3b/c mainly C). I will be returning this tomorrow.

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is this the Wen knockoff?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • lexi1lexi1 Posts: 123Registered Users
    Is this the Wen knockoff?

Yes it is. I used the Jojoba(It says it is for color treated hair). I don't really have color treated hair, just a little semi-rinse that is just about gone. I wonder if I should have used one the other kind.
  • jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    Sorry to hear that! This is the one from Sally's right? I was planning on trying it, too. Have you had good results from using the Wen version of the conditioner you tried?
    jeamaria wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that! This is the one from Sally's right? I was planning on trying it, too. Have you had good results from using the Wen version of the conditioner you tried?

No, I have never tried the WEN version. I returned the bottle of the hairone that I had. I may try the WEN version to see how it works. Yes the HairOne is the one from Sallys.
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry it didn't work out for you...it's got cones in it, doesn't it? I remember thinking I wouldn't use it because of that, but I could be wrong.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
    Kitathena wrote: »
    Sorry it didn't work out for you...it's got cones in it, doesn't it? I remember thinking I wouldn't use it because of that, but I could be wrong.

I know it has at least one cone' in it.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Wen has amodimethicone in it but not high on the list. It never built up on my hair. I really loved it, but hate pump bottles and it is rather pricey. I get just as good results with Generic Matrix Conditioning Balm also available at Sally's.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Posts: 2,607Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lexi1 wrote: »
    :sad11:So I broke down and decided to buy the Hair One cleanser. I couldn't wait to try it!! I followed the directions on the bottle (give or take a pump or two). I am so disappointed. I used the Jojoba, and my hair hates it. It did come out soft, but it is extremly dry and somewhat tangled. My hair looks a mess. My hair barely has curls in it now( I am a 3b/c mainly C). I will be returning this tomorrow.

sorry to hear that. I read reviews for it on lhcf and a majority of them seemed to love it. Im kind of afraid to try it because of all the chemicals in it.
    I really wanted it for travel, just incase I ever needed to go out of town for however long I would only have to bring 1 product for everything (how nice that would have been).
    Did your curls every bounce back?
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
    There seems to be plenty of people who like it and that's why I tried it. It did make my hair really soft and if you like volume, it gave me plenty of that. But it just left my hair really dry and tangled( I hope I'm making sense). I did get my tangles back after I re-washed( I had to clarify) and conditioned.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file