Am I a 4b?

cocobrowncocobrown Posts: 12Registered Users
I have been transitioning for 3 months. Can you tell me what my hair type is? I think I'm a 4b.

Comments

• ParatyParaty Posts: 394Registered Users
    Too soon to tell, you won't know until your hair is BC'd and the weight of your ends aren't pulling your new growth. It is really up to the way each of your hair strands lays and defines so you will need to see all of your hair together. Does that make sense? Just be patient and focus on your transition. :book:
    Hair • Wellness • Style Blog

Routine: Cleanse Kenra Clarifying, Deep Co with Matrix Biolage Balm + oil (EVOO, avocado, KCPP or Wild Growth oil),:glasses1:Style with Matrix Biolage Balm + KCPP; or Aloe water + KCPP + KCCC; or CR Almond Jai + styler (KCCC, KCPP or Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Treluxe combo (Treluxe UK leave-in, KCPP, Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Eco gel alone (Argan or Olive). Avoiding Buildup with low glycerin, coconut, shea, honey, non-keratin protein.
  • TashaTashaTashaTasha Posts: 383Registered Users
    It's best to figure out your curl pattern by washing and air drying. Do not comb through it while drying. Try not to touch it at all. Then show us some pics. Of course you want to do this after your chop. Because your hair is being stretched here in this pic, your hair could be curling tighter than what we see.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's really hard to tell when you're looking at new growth that is in braids. Just follow a transitioning regimen for 4-ish hair (lots of moisture) and don't concern yourself with type until after you chop the relaxed ends off.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • cocobrowncocobrown Posts: 12Registered Users
    Thanks ladies.
  • Prada3721Prada3721 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Yup definitely too soon to tell.

Although you can tell that you have some healthy roots growing in with some definite curling/waving pattern so when your ends are gone -- it'll be a revelation!!!

Enjoy the journey HHG!
    BC 12.3.06 (CG since BC)
    Mixup of 3c/4a/4b au naturel
    fotki.com/prada3721 psw: GODISLOVE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file