We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Love Halle Berry's new hair!

tattooedmommietattooedmommie Posts: 145Registered Users
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpopsugar.com%2F2426704" class="Popup

Whoever she went to to, I hope she stays with! I love Halle's soft sleek hair, but I think she's gorgeous with her curls!
I'm keeping it simple and curly... Jonna
A Girl And Her Curl
Tweet Me
3a/b

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    omg, that's absolutely adorable! she looks like a completely different person!!
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • cclark1cclark1 Posts: 346Registered Users
    I like it too, because it looks like mine. But she didn't get any love on another hair website. Whatever!!! I think she looks cute :)
    Dare to be......remarkable!!!
  • cocobrowncocobrown Posts: 12Registered Users
    I liked her hair too. I didn't expect it to be so tightly curled. I thought it would be looser.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,371Registered Users Curl Novice
    It is gorgeous (of course, never seen her NOT gorgeous), but I don't think it shows off those fabulous cheekbones as well as shorter does.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I'm sorry, I do not like it at all. :sad11:

I prefer her loose curls.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    im not sure if i like it for her. but it is cute and i would love for my hair to be that size!

i wonder if it is really her hair or if its a wig...
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    im not sure if i like it for her. but it is cute and i would love for my hair to be that size!

ITA with Subbrock because while she was pregnant she was sporting a curly do about the same length but a looser texture.But it is cute though!
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    oh that is SO cute! i don't care if its natural or not, its looks really good on her (in my opinion).

...just noticed all the really negative comments below the article. Apparently most people really dislike it :dontknow:
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    that is sweet - I didn't know here hair could do that!
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • aricurlaricurl Posts: 304Registered Users
    I saw that pic earlier today. It is cute but I think it's a wig.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Faricurl%2F" class="Popup
    PW: twelve

My Routine.
    Weekly Cleansers: Co-Wash - Suave Coconut or Yes to Cucumbers and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Giovanni 50-50 poo on scalp only.
    Moisturizers: Mix of Giovanni Direct with AO Honey Suckle; KCKT; Jamaican Castor Oil, water.
    Sealers: My whipped raw shea butter/oil blend.
    Scalp Oil: Jojoba, Rosemary, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Aloe Vera Gel
    Hairstyle: Protective.

Henndigo occasionally.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,134Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think the curls are nice, but I don't like that look on her. It does nothing for her. All I notice is how big the hair is and not her face. I do think she looks better with curly hair, but with hair that softly frames her face.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • tattooedmommietattooedmommie Posts: 145Registered Users
    haha wow, I think that's why I like her hair, I like the big-ness. I liked Macy Gray's big hair, too so maybe that just makes me a big hair advocate LOL!
    I'm keeping it simple and curly... Jonna
    A Girl And Her Curl
    Tweet Me
    3a/b
  • cysycacysyca Posts: 362Registered Users
    aricurl wrote: »
    I saw that pic earlier today. It is cute but I think it's a wig.

:thumright: Yes, it most certainly looks like a WIG!
    Live For Today!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    Caleilani wrote: »
    subbrock wrote: »

ITA with Subbrock because while she was pregnant she was sporting a curly do about the same length but a looser texture.But it is cute though!

I was wondering too if it was a wig or 'fixed' that way.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    she doesn't seem like she'd need a wig. even if her hair isn't "done" she could pull it into a puff or ponytail or whatever so i'm thinking it would be her hair but i didn't think her hair had that tight of a coil. i like it though.

wow the people on that site are harsh! doesn't seem like tight curls are "in" according to those posters. one said that style was outdated. what if that's how your hair grows out of your head??
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    it might be a wig but i like it! it looks kind of like my hair! (after my mini-cut, at least/ reminds me that i should probably update my fotki...)
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • CCsMamaCCsMama Posts: 92Registered Users
    I like it, but it seems a bit big in proportion for her.

Did yall notice how many pictures they took of her?! I felt sorry for her - she was just trying to go grocery shopping!
    ~ Gracie ~
    Stay at home mama to CCB and a new one on the way in July!
    CG since Oct 13, 2008
    3a/bish
    currently re evaluating my product stash...
  • shycurlshycurl Posts: 197Registered Users
    I read that Halle is wearing a curly wig for her character in the movie Frankie and Alice.

Film set photos of Halle in character: Click
    Film set photos of Halle going to work: Click

• ondreaondrea Posts: 12Registered Users
    I don't care for that style on her, I don't think it's flattering.

I liked her hair best when it was really short.

070607_berry_300X400.jpg
    Thick, dyed dark brown, 2c/3a in long layers to mid back

Shampoo:
    Suave Sleek

Conditioner:
    Organics Hair Mayonnaise or Suave Sleek

Leave in:
    Herbal Esscenses None of Your Frizzness leave in creme
    Luster's Pink Original hair lotion
    Smooth 'N Shine Hair polisher
  • starcrosserstarcrosser Posts: 183Registered Users
    curlyjonna wrote: »
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpopsugar.com%2F2426704" class="Popup

Whoever she went to to, I hope she stays with! I love Halle's soft sleek hair, but I think she's gorgeous with her curls!

She looks super cool! I love the outfit too.
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    macXgrrl wrote: »

070607_berry_300X400.jpg

I think she's most attractive with it short, too, and that's unusual for me to say about anyone. She just doesn't look like Halle to me with it longer.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users
    susancnw wrote: »
    It is gorgeous (of course, never seen her NOT gorgeous), but I don't think it shows off those fabulous cheekbones as well as shorter does.

I agree. Even though she is gorgeous and can pull off any hairstyle, I think she looks best with short hair, as in the photo above.

Although she's not a curly, I think longer hair was a big mistake for Reese Witherspoon. It just didn't work with her face shape.
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    Usually, she can do no wrong, but I dont think this look is right for her.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMissKinkyCoily%2F" class="Popup : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I love the look of the hair.

But, on her, it detracts from the stunning beauty of her face - for me. That's not really a bad thing, just different than what I am used to seeing on her.

I do wonder what her natural curl type is. I've only seen her mother with very straight hair.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RupertsWifeRupertsWife Posts: 492Registered Users
    While it may not be the most flattering or attractive look she's sported, she's always attractive, and wig or not I can appreciate the fact that she is looking all natural and wearing that hair proudly. Being a new mom, if it is her real hair, it's gotta be pretty easy to manage. Also her hair texture may have changed after pregnancy. Mine did ;)

3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity

Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition :thumbup:

:rolleyes: Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    :rolleyes:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcrazycurlz21%2F" class="Popup
    password:rupert
  • knotty_loveknotty_love Posts: 170Registered Users
    I love curly afros ,but I don't really like the look on her..i love her hair curly like this

halle-berry-curly-hg-de.jpg
    Sometimes I think the craziness just curls out of my head..:geek:

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds."-Bob Marley

“There are only two types of women - goddesses and doormats”- Pablo Picasso

• P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users
    macXgrrl wrote: »

070607_berry_300X400.jpg

ITA! Alyssa Milano was sizzling with a short cut too. ..Nia Long, Anita Baker, and Mia Farrow(way back when) as well.

Some women just look best with short hair. So lucky!
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • madhuri_dixit_fanmadhuri_dixit_fan Posts: 310Registered Users
    Man, my son gets curls and hair that big, lol, but me, naw...but I do think the very short hair suits her best. Still, good to see a high profile actress rocking a fro! And, yeah, she looks great no matter what.
    RIP Natasha Richardson

Holy Grails: Alba Botanica Leave-In Conditioner, AVG, EVO Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, KC Spiral Spritz, Brahmi Oil, Tea Tree eo, Rosemary eo, Distilled H2O, Aloe Vera Juice, Neem Oil, ACV, Dr. Bonner's Skikakai Castile Soap, Avocado Oil

Sometimes: AOMM Jelly, KCNT, KCCC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file