soooo didn't know this even existed...

kelc6250kelc6250 Posts: 4Registered Users
hey all~

wow. who knew there were so many people with curly hair... and they have a website... and a forum... :D:D:D geeboz. well the reason i'm here... I'M GETTING MARRIED :D:D:D:D ... in june, and i'm kind of a planner... so i'm starting to look at hairstyles for that.

i think i'm one of those people that marketers for products-for-gullible-people with-curly-hair should hire, because i will try anything at least once. most of the time, my hair looks like a shorter, darker version of something like Taylor Swift's, occasionally it acts badly and i punish it by tying it up in some sort of wierd messy bun on top of my head. even then all my straight haired friends are like "Oh MY GawD! your hair is AMAZING!! i SO wish my hair would do that!!!" and over time i've sort of tuned it out. don't get me wrong, i love my hair, but the hype isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

anywho, i sort of ramble. but if any of you have seen Taylor Swift's new video for her song "Love Story" i L-O-V-E her hair when she's in the corset-dress on the balcony (not the ballroom one)... look it up people.. it's amazing. (not to mention i love the song to.) ok, well that was a lengthly introduction, but hopefully someone here will understand what it means when the conversation goes something like this:

(stylist)"So, how much were you looking to have taken off today? 3? maybe 4 inches?"

(me)"Well, considering the fact that my hair shrinks up 3-4 inches when it's curly vs. when its wet and straight, let's take of a 1/2" and see where it lands us"

(stylist) "Nobody's hair shrinks that much, here lets just take this much off, you'll love it! trust me."

....lol. had that conversation recently... i got up and walked out of the salon. . true story.

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OMG! Good for you. I made the HUGE mistake of letting a stylist do his own thing (never get hair cut while PMSing!) about 7 months before my wedding. MISTAKE!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and welcome to nc.com! BTW in case no one has told you it's mandatory to post pics! Especially if your hair is that great! J/K! (sort of :toothy10:)
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    happy to have you here

you'll find tons of style ideas for your wedding in curlpix

:)

marie
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Welcome, and congrats! I'm getting married in June also. :D
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    Welcome, congrats on your upcoming wedding!
    And very wise to walk away from that stylist! :toothy10:
  • kelc6250kelc6250 Posts: 4Registered Users
    good to know thanks! (tried doing that last night but failed) ;)
  • ldiva67ldiva67 Posts: 41Registered Users
    and congrats
    3c/4a (changes as it grows)

Photos
    http://public.fotki.com/ldiva67/

Routine
    co-wash (once a week)
    curl junkie (smoothing lotion) Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
    Oyin sugar berry pomade to seal

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kelc6250 wrote: »
    hey all~

wow. who knew there were so many people with curly hair... and they have a website... and a forum... :D:D:D geeboz. well the reason i'm here... I'M GETTING MARRIED :D:D:D:D ... in june, and i'm kind of a planner... so i'm starting to look at hairstyles for that.

i think i'm one of those people that marketers for products-for-gullible-people with-curly-hair should hire, because i will try anything at least once. most of the time, my hair looks like a shorter, darker version of something like Taylor Swift's, occasionally it acts badly and i punish it by tying it up in some sort of wierd messy bun on top of my head. even then all my straight haired friends are like "Oh MY GawD! your hair is AMAZING!! i SO wish my hair would do that!!!" and over time i've sort of tuned it out. don't get me wrong, i love my hair, but the hype isn't really all it's cracked up to be.

anywho, i sort of ramble. but if any of you have seen Taylor Swift's new video for her song "Love Story" i L-O-V-E her hair when she's in the corset-dress on the balcony (not the ballroom one)... look it up people.. it's amazing. (not to mention i love the song to.) ok, well that was a lengthly introduction, but hopefully someone here will understand what it means when the conversation goes something like this:

(stylist)"So, how much were you looking to have taken off today? 3? maybe 4 inches?"

(me)"Well, considering the fact that my hair shrinks up 3-4 inches when it's curly vs. when its wet and straight, let's take of a 1/2" and see where it lands us"

(stylist) "Nobody's hair shrinks that much, here lets just take this much off, you'll love it! trust me."

....lol. had that conversation recently... i got up and walked out of the salon. . true story.

Welcome! And congrats on your upcoming nupti...nuptu...uhhhhhhhh...wedding! :toothy3:

And yes, I agree - you MUST post pics! Especially if your hair is anything like I'm barely able to make out in your avatar...WOW!:toothy10:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights