Why can't we just all get along?

CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Posts: 350Registered Users Curl Neophyte
curls7.JPG
Even tighter curls
Photo credit: Hair Styles, Cuts, and Do's

These tighter curls are great. Use a relaxer to soften curl.

So here is a beautiful woman, with beautiful curls, the explanation under the pic first compliments then recommends change. ARRGH :banghead:
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny

Comments

• ArcanaArcana Posts: 68Registered Users
    I want my curls to be tighter so they look like that! I don't understand that though, 'they're great so change them'? Some people...:cwm21:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to run away and join the Cirque.

• violetcurlsvioletcurls Posts: 434Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :banghead: This is so sad. To quote one of my favorite songs "Is it any wonder?" No. I for one have never wondered that there are girls who are anorexic and bulimic, straightening their hair or curling it, and putting on approximately five pounds of makeup everyday. Some people can't accept what is already beautiful. Are they blind to the grace and elegance of something other than this shallow reflection of the clones we have driven women of every age to be? Though my curls could use a lot of work, I still like, dare I say love, them - kinky, loose, frizzy and even when my hair just doesn't want to be happy. I can't imagine myself any other way. And it's not just hair. It's every part of appearance that's criticized and corrected until what was ceases to exist.

No, I shall never relax! :protest:
    3a/b ?

Unleash the curls!

Nobody move! I dropped me brain. ~Jack Sparrow
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure it meant something more like, "This looks great. To get even looser curls, use a relaxer." Lots of beauty and hair how-tos have those additions for people who like the idea, but want to tweak it for themselves.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • violetcurlsvioletcurls Posts: 434Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes. When I posted I was also thinking of every other person who has done a makeover that has gotten rid of gorgeous curls and had transformed them into a clone. I was kind of aggravated at the time.
    3a/b ?

Unleash the curls!

Nobody move! I dropped me brain. ~Jack Sparrow
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    :banghead: This is so sad. To quote one of my favorite songs "Is it any wonder?" No. I for one have never wondered that there are girls who are anorexic and bulimic, straightening their hair or curling it, and putting on approximately five pounds of makeup everyday. Some people can't accept what is already beautiful. Are they blind to the grace and elegance of something other than this shallow reflection of the clones we have driven women of every age to be? Though my curls could use a lot of work, I still like, dare I say love, them - kinky, loose, frizzy and even when my hair just doesn't want to be happy. I can't imagine myself any other way. And it's not just hair. It's every part of appearance that's criticized and corrected until what was ceases to exist.

No, I shall never relax! :protest:

Well said!!!!!!:thumright:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I wouldn't mind having looser curls like those...very pretty but isn't going to happen naturally.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file