what to do with BB products?

CurlLeeCurlLee Posts: 221Registered Users
i got the sample pack a while ago, n i used the shampoo n conditioner. but the other stuff i don't now how to use them. the directions are not clear. so i had just set them a side. but i don't want throw them away. so how do i used them.

i have; [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Curly-Frizz-Pudding-p-376.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-curly-frizz-pudding]curly frizz pudding[/buylink], silkshake, kicks for curls and curl styling butter

the pudding and the silkshake left flakes, the kicks for curls left my hair hard. the styling butter was so thick it was hard to put in my hair
3b here 4a there 3c everywhere
talk about a mix up :toothy10:

elevator doors open...

random girl: ohhh, you have curly hair

elevator doors begins to close...

random girl's friend:i think he knows that already

elevator doors close...

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    ive used the curls styling butter as an all in one styler. i've shingled it onto my wet hair and it serves as a moisturizer and gives it hold. ive done finger coils once and i used the curls styling butter for that as well.
  • KinkyPJKinkyPJ Posts: 297Registered Users
    I have the Kicks for Curls and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Happy-Nappy-Styles-p-533.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-happy-nappy-styles]Happy Nappy Styles[/buylink]. I went to a curly hair salon a couple of months back and the lady there mentioned that BB products are negatively charged thus mixing them with products that are positively charged (almost everything else) will result in those flakes. So, what ever you do don’t mix BB products with other products. Trust me, I mixed it with aloe gel and I had to wash my hair right away.

The Kick for Curls needs to be paired with a moisturizer; I used the HNS and did a twist-out.

HTH
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it [:afro:]. The hard... is what makes it great. -- Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. -- Mother Teresa
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    KinkyPJ wrote: »
    I have the Kicks for Curls and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Happy-Nappy-Styles-p-533.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-happy-nappy-styles]Happy Nappy Styles[/buylink]. So, what ever you do don’t mix BB products with other products. Trust me, I mixed it with aloe gel and I had to wash my hair right away.

The Kick for Curls needs to be paired with a I went to a curly hair salon a couple of months back and the lady there mentioned that BB products are negatively charged thus mixing them with products that are positively charged (almost everything else) will result in those flakes.

thats really interesting. i never knew that!
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I've used fote avg over bb and I had no flakes! In fact, I had major clumpage and my hair was shiny!!

I layer everything, using...silkshake, then the styling lotion, then curl styling cream (or happy nappy) then the frizz pudding. THEN the gel goes on top!
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • aricurlaricurl Posts: 304Registered Users
    I have the Kicks for Curls and the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Blended-Beauty-Happy-Nappy-Styles-p-533.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=blended-beauty-happy-nappy-styles]Happy Nappy Styles[/buylink]. I went to a curly hair salon a couple of months back and the lady there mentioned that BB products are negatively charged thus mixing them with products that are positively charged (almost everything else) will result in those flakes. So, what ever you do don’t mix BB products with other products. Trust me, I mixed it with aloe gel and I had to wash my hair right away.

The Kick for Curls needs to be paired with a moisturizer; I used the HNS and did a twist-out.

HTH

That explains it!!! I woke up one morning with those flakes. It looked like someone had sprinkled flour on my head. I'm trying to use up the rest of mine now.
    http://public.fotki.com/aricurl/
    PW: twelve

My Routine.
    Weekly Cleansers: Co-Wash - Suave Coconut or Yes to Cucumbers and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Giovanni 50-50 poo on scalp only.
    Moisturizers: Mix of Giovanni Direct with AO Honey Suckle; KCKT; Jamaican Castor Oil, water.
    Sealers: My whipped raw shea butter/oil blend.
    Scalp Oil: Jojoba, Rosemary, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Aloe Vera Gel
    Hairstyle: Protective.

Henndigo occasionally.
  • CurlLeeCurlLee Posts: 221Registered Users

HTH

i didn't use it with anything else...

elevator doors open...

elevator doors close...
  • CoilyOne1812CoilyOne1812 Posts: 384Registered Users
    The Blended Beauty site has application demo videos. Maybe you just need to rub the thicker products between your hands more to thin them out. I don't know though. The few products I tried worked alright for me. But I didn't like that pudding because it didn't do anything for my hair styling or moisture-wise.
    layer cake of tight, spongy and silky/thready S strands that kink more than they coil
    spiced with a few spiral coils and non-curling waves
    mostly medium and fine with a sprinkle of coarse strands
    protein is yummy
  • CurlLeeCurlLee Posts: 221Registered Users
    The Blended Beauty site has application demo videos. Maybe you just need to rub the thicker products between your hands more to thin them out. I don't know though. The few products I tried worked alright for me. But I didn't like that pudding because it didn't do anything for my hair styling or moisture-wise.

yea, i've seen those videos. but my hair is not like either of them, not even similar. so thats why i was confused.

well i guess i'll try juss putting it all in my hands, emulsify it together and put it in like that and see what happens.

elevator doors open...

elevator doors close...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file