CurlTalk

Drugstore Low-poo's??

anybody know of any (gentle) low poo's available at most drug stores? I feel like my tj's nourish poo is becoming a little too stripping for me, but i still like to wash sometimes.

Thanks!

(maybe this should go on product reviews? if so, sorry)
2c/3a
curl blog
curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    The Giovanni line is very popular, depending on where you live it's avail at Target, RiteAid I think even Walgreens??? I don't use it myself I'm on the shampoo bar wagon :) But the Leave in I have used and it's really nice!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 227Registered Users
    Can you get Live Clean in the US? It's really nice ...
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.live-clean.com%2F" class="Popup
    I am loving the FRESH WATER moisturizing line ...
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ! :confused2:
    For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    While not drugstore lowpoo, the soap/shampoo bars are MUCH gentler than a lowpoo--but remove the build up one can get from the CG products, too. They make your hair feel "fresh" without stripping it.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    While not drugstore lowpoo, the soap/shampoo bars are MUCH gentler than a lowpoo--but remove the build up one can get from the CG products, too. They make your hair feel "fresh" without stripping it.

is any oil-based or glycerin-based soap considered "shampoo bar"?
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• Jess2316Jess2316 Posts: 617Registered Users
    have you tried Creme of Nature? I get (what I think is) the old version of their shampoo at Sally's in the ethnic section. I think they still carry it, it's a tan bottle with red writing on it. It's a bigger bottle and I think it sells for $10.

Apparently they've updated their ingredients to you may want to double check before you buy it.
    3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
    I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    shellynot wrote: »
    kathymack wrote: »

is any oil-based or glycerin-based soap considered "shampoo bar"?

I don't know what the definition of a shampoo bar is. I actually use natural soap bars and am careful about ingredients. There are threads, threads and more threads about them. Many of the soap bars are superfatted, so are better for curly hair. The other issues have to do with what oils and the type of fragrance--natural or not. I was nopoo for six months. When I got into more natural products, I added these to my regime. My hair has never been as curly or had as much volume until soap bars. Did I answer your question?
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    If you want to try Giovanni I have some of the 50/50 shampoo to get rid of. Dries me out. I guess I may be a shampoo bar candidate as well.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
    Christophe-at cvs has a new lowpoo-I've never tried it, but a trial size is fairly cheap.
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!